need a crack for v 1.0.7.4

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by aralcan, Aug 19, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Yes, they usually do. And the fact that when Spuddy said that it had to be illegal, he just answered "does it chane anything? i need a website pls" is enough for me to ban him.

2. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Yes, most patches for most games replaces the game launcher (the executable binary file you use to start the game). These files are also the files which are replaced with cracks, So basically if you use the crack for version 1.0 after you've installed patch 1.1(or something completely diffrent like 1.0.7.4 in this case) your game either won't start or the patch won't work exactly the way it's supposed to.

3. Zebulin

Zebulin New Member

hrmmm. sounds like a strong additional incentive to release unfinished games.

4. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Not at all, when a when ever a new patch comes the crackers are pretty quick to remove the cd check part from the executable, and release it. So if you know where to look (which you shoud if you use cracks) you get the patches (almost) just as fast as anyone else. :)

5. Kejak

Kejak New Member

Well, technically speaching, the Arcanum hacks that I use (Car Arcanum, Magic Modes, etc) IS copyright infringment since I´m changing a product without the previous authorization of the company, even if I paid for the original game.

I think that the hack (AKA no-cd) discussion is mostly about intentions, and in a forum we can´t have a clear idea of someone´s intentions by a single statement.

I´ve brought the game twice; in the first time my CD was stolen (no more parties in my house after that) and I lost the second one. But a friend had an image of the game in a DVD, wich I copied in my hard disk. Since here in Brazil (by the way, sorry for the poor english...) you can´t find the game in any store and the shipment taxes would be much more expensive than the game, my only opition was to copy it.

PS: Yes, we do live in a Capitalist world, and I enjoy it. But eletronical data breaks the idea of market economics since it can be replicated indefinitely. But it is off-topic rumbling, sorry :)

Our Host!