Pirates are way cooler than ninjas

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rosenshyne, Oct 21, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Pirates are way cooler than ninjas.

1. ARRRRRRR!!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I'm a fence sitter.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I'm a gay ninjalover.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

It's a freaking hoax that being a vegetarian is healthy.

This is one of the cases were common sense / intuition fails:
    if you don't eat vegetables, you'll be sick -> vegetables are healthy -> if you eat only vegetables you'll be super-healthy
    But in reality, if you don't eat vegetables and meat and hundreds of other thingies you'll be fucked. :)

Counterintuitive truths aren't uncommon:
    Birthday paradox
    Monty Hall problem
    Boy or girl
    Benford's law
    Three cards problem

2. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Yes, I know what you're saying. But most of the vegetarians I know does it in protest to the bad treatment animals gets when they go to the butcherhouse.

In some cases, they're right.

3. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

One of my friends is a vegan, and that too is because she doesn't approve of the treatment animals receive.

4. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Oooh, so cannibals capturing and eating me is actually a good thing if they treat me nice meanwhile?

(BTW, animals are really not to be pets or shown in zoos. They're for eating, clothing and other industrial uses)

(And if somebody sacrificies himself to "save" some unknown, worthless animal, then he is clearly a lunatic)

5. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I know I wouldn't care if someone blew my brains out for no reason if they were going to eat me. But I would definently not like being beaten and stuffed into some tiny transports for years before finally having parts of me removed until I die from the pains.

6. Xz

You are clearly suffering of frigophobia*

*Frigophobia- Fear of cold or cold things.(Cheimaphobia, Cheimatophobia, Psychrophobia)

7. Wolfsbane

Or afraid of Frigo?

Speaking of which! Frigo, how would you feel about being hung upside-down with an old rope tied around your feet, when being lifted from a cattle tanker? Not a great thought now, is it? Just think of the rope, slowly cutting it's way into your flesh, tearing it from your bones.

Or being thrown into a bus filled with other people to the breaking limit, only to find out that there is no ventilation, and that you're going 100 miles?

8. Xz

Or being boiled alive like a lobster?

9. Wolfsbane

Exactly.

You know, I'm with the vegs on these points, but it doesn't keep me from eating meat. I can't stop eating meat, because I'm to bloody fond of it.

10. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I've only got one vegetarian friend, I know plenty of other vegetarians, but I don't like them.

The only reason I tolerate this guy is because he doesn't care about cruelty to animals, he just doesn't like the taste of meat.

11. mathboy

mathboy New Member

It might change if we go to Norway and bring home Skittles. Just make sure your friends import the European version:

12. Xz

I eat meat, but I don't like cruelty towards animals, towards humans, that's okay, but animals, c'mon.

13. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why I detest cruelty to animals. I almost promote violence against other humans.
    However, I love meat. I like all types of meat, unless it comes from a crustacean, an arachinid, or an insect.
    Animals have natural weapons, and are in many cases, proportionally stronger than we are. But they're always naked. Maybe I pity naked things.
    I know I wouldn't let someone run around a nudist colony to harvest the bare buttocks of some poor naked fool. As soon as he puts his pants back on, though...open fire.

14. rroyo

rroyo Active Member

There's a good definition of "Pain in the Ass"! :lol:

15. Grossenschwamm

16. Mag the Bloody-handed

Mag the Bloody-handed New Member

Normally I would say Pirates are definately way cooler than Ninja ... though this makes it hard to defend.

[​IMG]

Though at the same time, Ninja come from a society that has trouble making masculine video game characters. They also consider flower arranging, and interior design as martial arts.

" I'm turning japanese, I think I'm turning japanese ... I really think so. " was actually The Vapors attempt to come out of the closet.

17. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

If you drop the lobster into the already boiling water, it dies instantly. No pain. Or... Maybe a fraction of a second of pain, but still.

18. Xz

I know, it's almost instant death, but I'm not saying it's painful, I'm merely trying to make it sound horrible.

19. Grossenschwamm

It does sound horrible. Almost as bad as the scream a rabbit makes when you miss its vitals.
    And, to be quite honest, after you've slit a pig's throat, they can let out the most hellish noise you may ever hear.

20. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Agreed.

Although the last time I did that was weird because we were killing 2 pigs and the one that we did second enjoyed the first ones death so much it started lapping up its blood.

Our Host!