force follower little halfling from diamond

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Oracle, Sep 26, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Oracle

Oracle Member

So I was fooling around with the forcing follower trick and tried to force the little halfling from strange diamond (gotten from the halfling riddle quest in dermlom) as my companion. However he seemed imune to dominate will. When I killed him and used create undead I saw all of his stats where 20 !!

I think I need to lower his willpower to get a succes with dominate will. Use a fate point with dominate will didn't seemed to work and the spell lower will failed as well.

anyone have some ideas how to force him or is it impossible?

thanks

Edit.

Are there any items that lower the willpower of a creature? like a poision or a cursed item?

2. Oracle

Oracle Member

So I'm of to the Wheel clan and lookie lookie who is there...
    A misterious apparition. I saw on the these forums( http://www.terra-arcanum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=12131&highlight=apparition ) you could kill him by a waiting till your party gets up while still in dialoge mode. It worked. However one person claimed to have dominated his will. I found it hard to believe becourse he has 20 wp (create undead trick) I'm interrested if anyone else was able to dominate his will and how he did it.

3. Zebulin

Zebulin New Member

is there a complete list of cursed items that can be found in the game and what their effects are? that would help in determining how possible this is.

4. Oracle

Oracle Member

Well it seems that the misterious apparition won't wear any equipment so lowering his WP with cursed items is a nono. Also the misterious apparition will always disapear after a while no matter what spell he is under. example: kill him -> create undead -> body of fire -> relection shield. Canceling the body of fire keep him at that form but he will disapear. So I see no way to get him as a forced followers.

on the other hand the little halfling from the gem DOES will use the items.
    But I didnt found a item/potion that can lower WP. Seems the drain will spell is the only option to lower someones willpower. To bad he is imune to it.

EDIT:

After going through the forum some more I stumbled upon the Musle Maker. It can be leared from a schematic. It raises you strength and lowers the mental powers (intellience, willpower). Can anyone conform this ? I not able to test this yet.

If the above is correct it could be used on the master mages to lower their max WP and force them as your slave eehhhh.... follower. this counts for the halfling and The misterious apparition as well

The misterious apparition disapearing part was an error on my part. I let him end his speech. This triggerd the whole disapearing act. Use an spell/item while in dialoge mode ends the coversation and he won't disapear any more.

5. Zebulin

Zebulin New Member

ooooh yeah! it sure does work. I used it to the same effect when i played vanilla arcanum the first time through. i had forgotten all about it. I believe it is permanent too!

I should have remembered that.

6. Oracle

Oracle Member

Thanks for the quick reply. Then its settled time to find this schematic and the components.

Is there a list containing the all the schematic that can be found in the game include there locations with the locations of there componants?

http://db.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/file/arcanum_schematics.txt

Its a start but its missing the locations.

EDIT:

IT WORKS FOR THE HALFLING!!
    I was finally able to dominatie his will after useing the te elixer on him. His PE. WP. IN. CH. Lost a point (19) while his ST. DX. BE. CN. stayed 20 as it is the maximum you can get. I have to say that my huge party of 11 people being all lv 22 had lots of trouble to kill him so for the people that think he isn't worth the potion your mistaken. (using shink on him is pretty funny as well :lol: )

So my goal is completed. so useing the muscle potion/dominatie will trick will get you (almost?) every character as your companion. :thumbup:

Our Host!