How to make a tophat with a reaction bonus

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by chuft, Sep 22, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. chuft

chuft New Member

Anybody know how to do this?

I found what should be the proto file for the Smoking Jacket, but looking at it, I don't see any numbers that correspond to the number of the "Nice Clothes" +20 reaction effect in effect.mes. So I have no idea how the Smoking Jacket proto works, or how I would do the same thing to a Tophat.

I can't find any mention of Lockpicks or Auto Skeleton Key in Spelllist.mes or effect.mes. Is there any way to upgrade these items?

Thanks.

So far I have successfully changed "Animal Scent" to "Oil of Persuasive Patronage" (3 full levels of Haggle when consumed), changed "Accelerate Healing" to "Tincture of Regeneration" (heals scars and crippling wounds when consumed), changed the components of the upper level Herbalisms to use stuff from the store, like Snuff, Bread, Water etc. instead of previous Herbalism items, slowed down the Mechanized Gun and lowered its damage, lowered the damage of the Pyro Axe and made the schematic require a Fire Obstruction to build one instead of Fuel/Kerosene, and made the first level Therapeutics potion give a full level of Persuasion. Also changed Torg's blessing to give a full level of Prowl and a full level of Lockpicking to help thieves early in the game.

Also changed the Bullets schematic to make 40 bullets at a pop instead of 20. I use a lot of bullets!

Modding is fun!

2. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

The smoking jacket has 2 scripts attached. Wield on and Wield off. Wield on calls a script which grants the reaction bonus effect. Wield off script removes it.
    Attaching these scripts to a top hat would achieve the same result.

Lockpicking tools are special. There is nothing in the user accessible files relating to their functions. They are "hardcoded" into the game.

3. chuft

chuft New Member

Thanks, but...

Thanks, but how does one go about attaching scripts to an item that does not have any?

The proto docs are very vague, saying only that "some bytes" have to be inserted, and giving some flags (although half of the 5th byte flags appear to be missing).

According to the proto docs, for armors the 4th byte contains the "wield on/wield off" flags to trigger scripts, but when I look at Smoking Jacket or Machined Plate, the flags appear to be in the second or third byte.

Our Host!