Cynthia Boggs escape

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by mfs9, Jun 9, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. cadaver

cadaver New Member

Join him :lol:

But then again, then you kill every1 on arcanum :p

2. Maximus

Maximus New Member

You could just let your followers dispatch him, while you heal your troops and hang out with the cheerleaders. Kinda lame, but it could be done.

3. Langolier

Langolier Member

A persuasion Master with 20 Charisma and Intelligence can talk him out of it. You have to respond to his dialogue perfectly and it can be a bit hard the first time you try it. You don't become a God though. I believe that only happens if you complete the God's quest. (get all of the blessings)

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Cool. I learn something new every day. Thanks.

5. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

No if you do that you still have to kill him, he just doesn't fight back and if you use the void sword (you know the one I mean) the first hit kills him. But to use the device you still have to wear him down, also his Lord's Slaves will actually help you kill him.

6. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Wrong. I have never had to kill him when doing that, ever.

7. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Then my persuassion characters have done something wrong.

8. Wolfsbane

Well, he does attack me, but the sequence isn't long enough for anyone to get damaged.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

File this under knowing just a little bit about something:

This morning I took a good look at the Kerghan dialog.
    The references to you becoming a god are basically you challenging Kerghan for the rule of Arcanum. However - there is a way to talk Kerghan into letting you use the Vendigroth device to free him from existance. If you succeed, you'll see the following dialog:

{614}{The Vendigroth Device...it will sever you from this world forever...}{}{5}{in 5616}{618}{gf2674 1}
    {615}{This weapon...it will sever you from this world forever...}{}{5}{in 2008}{618}{gf2675 1}
    {618}{[Something like hope flares in his eyes. ] Really? You can sever the bonds which holds my soul to the lands of the living? This object can actually do that?}{[Something like hope flares in his eyes. ] }{}{94}{}{}
    {619}{Yes. I can free you from the pain that you fear...}{}{5}{}{624}{}
    {620}{I could. But I'd rather kill you with my own hands...}{}{5}{}{-71}{}
    {624}{[He bows his head, his shoulders sagging.] So many years I've raged against the living. All those years, and the distortion was in my own soul. No man can see the nature of his flaws with diseased eyes...the contradiction lies within me.}{}{95}{}{}
    {625}{Let me end your journey, Kerghan. Go to your rest.}{}{5}{}{630}{}
    {630}{Yes. I thank you...and I'm sorry. So very, very sorry. Perhaps some souls are born into death...they never knew how to live...}{}{96}{}{}
    {631}{Yes, I think you might be right...}{}{5}{}{636}{}
    {636}{Good bye, traveler. My road ends here...I wish you luck on yours...}{Good bye, traveler. My road ends here...I wish you luck on yours...}{}{97}{}{rp1073}

The rp1073 mentioned is reputation number 1073 which is:

{1073}{The Most Honored Dialectician in the Known Universe. Because you have convinced Kerghan to turn from his diabolical plan, you are seen as the most skilled negotiator in the history of Arcanum.}

10. Wolfsbane

Why have that end thingy never appeared in my game? Is there perhaps a limit to how many events you may have in the ending?

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Did you sucessfully negotiate the Caladon/Tarant treaty for the best possible outcome? (I never managed it, but this seems like a good troubleshooting question.)

12. Wolfsbane

Depends on what you mean as the best solution: the best for Caladon or for Tarant?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Neither best for Caladon or Tarant ever seemed right for me, so let's assume (and what I last tried for) that you need the best compromise for both.

Also, for that "end thingy", are you referring to the end slides and dialog?
    If so, then there is no listing for The Most Honored Dialectician - but it would show up in your reputation log.

14. Wolfsbane

I see. That was indeed what I was looking for.
    If you complete the compromise AND save done Throgg, you'll get a notice on how well it went for Tarant and Caladon and yaddayaddayadda.

15. Madness

Madness New Member

You could always unlock the windows.

Our Host!