Remembering fun momments in Arcanum!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by McKedy, Jun 2, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. cadaver

cadaver New Member

Killing Kerghan and using the vendigroth device on him. Then seeing the bit of movie were you see the use of the device (with all the spades going through him).
    And then to see the ending saying "together with kerghan you have destroyed all of arcanum and kerghen turned onto you, you have to wait until you die as last person in arcanum".

Placing the stillwater sword in the Bangellian Furnace because you didn't had enough room to pick up the bangellian sword/axe?
    This offcourse the first time ... and beeing the kind of player who tries to finish the game without reloading. Yes, I learned a lesson there.

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

The Kerghan thing happens if you join him and then turn on him, for some reason it doesn't register that you didn't help him destroy the world.

By the way, welcome back I have no memory of you but you seem to have left about the time I joined.

3. cadaver

cadaver New Member

Yes, I did joined and betrayed him. I have been here a long long time ago.
    Forgot about it and accidently found it back.

4. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

It wasn't a revalatory moment but one of the things I best liked about Arcanum was the opening cinematic where the blimp gets shot down. It's just something about the airship and the primitive fighters I really liked, and it pulled me into the game beautifully.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I remember when i was at lv 20 or 30 , and i was on the firearms master quest , i only had an old revolver , so i pickpocketed thorndrops rifle and i won! :)

6. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Well, I always pickpocket Thornop for his rifle and win. It's easily one of the best guns in the game, so why not put it to good use when he can't?
    Anyway, I just made my character having sex with Min Gorad. Funny thing is, he's a dwarf. The dark elves and their philosophy are not what they used to be.

7. cadaver

cadaver New Member

Reading the lines on some of the graves, especially the fan graveyard (but about the last part I am not sure if it was the mod I used, or if it was in the box game).

8. Vorak

The Fan Graveyard is part of the standard game.

9. Langolier

Langolier Member

How do you manage that with a non-elf! Tell me, I beseach you!

10. Wolfsbane

High beauty+ a fate point, and some other stuff, and there you have it.

11. Langolier

Langolier Member

That can't be so. I've had a human with 20 beauty, 20 Charisma, and used a fate point and she clawed my eyes out (or tried to before I shot her) when I remarked about the lust in her eyes.

You must ribbin' me. None the less I'm sure I'll give it another go anyway.

12. Wolfsbane

I promise, I'm not. You are not supposed to say that thing about the lust in her eyes; she will ask you of a "favour" herself.

13. Langolier

Langolier Member

She does that if you're an Elf, but my handsome humans just get dismissed. I'm pretty sure it's the same with my Half-Elves, though I've never played an "attractive diplomat" half-elf before.

14. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

Going into every town and just butchering everyone I could find with my half-ogre character. Then going to Tarant with the quest to find P Schyler and sons and killing the newpaper archive lady, looting the newpaper off her corpse and getting the quest that now I know the location of some guy I never heard of I must find his grave and dig up a book!

Also cutting game time travel to about half an hour by walking to next town rather than using the world map. Ahh those were the days

15. cadaver

cadaver New Member

You do know that game time doesn't matter right?

16. Wolfsbane

Maybe he thinks it does. I've played one of my HO's in about 4 in-game years now. Going for a cross-arcanum trip takes about two years. My goal is to get the game into the 20th century.

17. Ogatai

Ogatai New Member

Of course I know game time doesn't matter! I was remininsing about how short a game time span it takes to get form one place to another! It ofter takes several days to get to Tarant form Shrounded hills BUT you can cut that time down to about half an hour of sprinting with out using the world map!

18. Wolfsbane

But that's just... boring. And you miss the random encounters, too. There goes a lot of exp down the drainer.

19. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Yeah, and in real-time it probably takes half and hour rather than 30 seconds.

20. Vorak

I once traversed the length of Arcanum, from the Secret Village to Caladon. It took several weeks, as I kept getting sick of it and playing another save game for a while. At the end of it, I cannot say that I gained anything, other than bragging rights.

Our Host!