Life suxx...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frigo, May 22, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

My thesis is ready. Not exactly what I have planned, but at least I have something. Its documentation is 21+13 pages long (blahblah + pix, code), and it clearly suxx.

It is 4:19 now, I need to get up at most 6:00, so I don't have very much time to sleep. I will write a test at 7:30 that I need to do at least 60% to pass, and I surely won't be the freshest man on the earth.

Life suxx!!!!

(Now if I look at the bright side of this, I can realize that I made a thesis in one day almost from scratch /almost.../)

2. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Break a leg. I'm having a final exam tomorrow. If the mark I can get is directly proportional to the number of hours I've studied... I'm so dead.

3. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Good luck to both of you. You seem to need it.

4. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

I'm going to take russian algebra exams at Thursday, so nights 22 and 23 seem to be without any sleeping... I'm also going to become dead. It will be then a hard task to walk with my girl.

5. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Hehh, this was better than I expected: I got another day to bind/bound/swathe/tie up (select the appropiate, I don't know which is) my thesis.

I took the fucking exam. I was late by 15 minutes :D. There were 3 hours to answer the 10 questions (not yes/no type!). I spent one and half an hour to answer them in 12 or 13 pages :lol: One classmate noted: "Thank you for nipping in" :lol: At least I got half an hour to go drinking beer.

And this was with about 3 hours of sleep, no coffe /I burned the coffee pot when I made my thesis like the soup some years ago/...

Edit:

Only verbal tests yet, and I'm free!

6. dr_deathspike

dr_deathspike New Member

I'm a HS Freshman and I scored 91% on my biology final and, apperently this is eally good because I got plaques, scored a 51 PSAT Verbal and a 54 PSAT Written. We weren't supposed to take the PSAT at all but we had extras so the Freshmeat/men got to take it as well.

7. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

You scored above the average junior...bravo, considering your age and grade.
    Biology though...a 91%? Come on! Friggin biology.
    Teachers wanted me in their classes so the GPA of the class would go up. I got...86 on language and 88 on math on my PSAT...but I haven't taken the actuall SAT yet. This fall...that's when I'm taking it.
    Yup...I'm a procrastinating smart-guy.
    Anyway, congratulations on your course completion, Sofokl. You must feel several hundred pounds lighter.

8. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Hehh, after the rush of making the thesis & learning & doing the tests, when I was relaxing & drank some beer, everybody seemed to walk in slow motion :lol:

9. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

So you can now control the passage of time?

Excuse me, I'm going to go and write a thesis...

10. Maximus

Maximus New Member

I've already got a stupid Engineering degree, more specialized training than I know what to do with, but I do work that a trained monkey can do in its sleep!
    My job sucks, I get lousy pay, and I work for morons who dont understand my education/experience.
    Due to the future state of Social Security, I'll probably have to work here until I die.

Smile kiddies, one day you too can say your life suxx! :D :D :D

11. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Well, I already know what I'm going to be when my education's finished, so I can already say that my life suxx.

12. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Not, unless you make the program and the documentation in less than 3..4 days, and the last day you decide to implement something else instead & rewrite the document accordingly, you get up the next day with 3 hours of sleep, write a test in 90 minutes instead of 180, then after all of this, you pull your ass to the nearest tavern, order a beer, and enjoy the sunshine and watch the people from the patio.

(A similar effect has happened when I played through the original, almost unbeatable version of Pico's school. The new and fucking easy version is here: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/310349 )

13. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Grow a beard. It makes me look down right huggable. However, I still get paid lousy part time crap whatever...eh, doesn't matter. In four weeks I'm getting guinea pigs, who will from that day on will be known as Vorhemd and Fassbier.
    *edit* The quote fuction broke.

14. dr_deathspike

dr_deathspike New Member

Why not design a hacker program that will slowly take small amounts of a big bisenesses profits and deposit it directly to your off shore bank account

Or you could just wait until the US falls and is divided between its conquerers

Or you could move to a new country like Canada (DAMN CANADIANS) and receive free health care and the like (DAMN CANADANS showin the US up)

you know thats why a ground war in The US would result in the US winning because 75% of Americans own guns, 50% know how to shoot well, and 15% are Rednecks who can shoot a moving deer from 100 yards

15. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Quote?

16. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

I've uploaded my entire thesis to http://uran.extra.hu/tmp/Denoise-0.0.1.zip

The documentation is in hungarian, but I can tell the most important things about the program:

- it uses a dyadic wavelet transform with a biorthogonal 9/7 wavelet filter (can use Cohen-Daubechies-Feauveau 9/7 too), it decomposes a signal to 3*5+1 subbands (6 levels or 5 decompositions)
    - it can downsample and upsample an image (altough only by a power of two)
    - it uses hard and soft tresholding for denoising (and this essential part suxx :lol:, I didn't have time to implement SUREshrink)

17. Maximus

Maximus New Member

[​IMG]

owww ... quit beating me with your brain ... :smash:

*Thinks to self, must help Frigo watch more TV and start drinking habit*

18. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Already done :) (though I'm not alcoholic)

Our Host!