TES4:Obilivion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MADLAX, Apr 29, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I'm with you with the mages being hard to play, but there are other types of char that rock even the warriors. Take the sneaky little bow wielding elf, my own little Saagi. She can take out whatnot in a matter of seconds, and she's socialy designed too.

2. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I definately have to grant you both those points, although I'ld like to make it known that playing a wizard with skill points in 'blowing shit up' still doesn't count as 'cunning,' Bob.

3. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

Two things -

By cunning i this case I had in mind applying *any* gamplay and combat strategies, other then just slashing away or casting fireballs and slashing away when the mana runs out.
    Strategies such as summoning a big fuckin' deamon to do most of the fighting for me while I take out the mages or grab the loot and run like hell. Or otherwise playing a smartassed char that does alchemy/misticism to get the job done.
    And by not rewarding enough i had in mind that not only you gain nothing over the brute force strategy, you miss out on lots of skill points if you avoid combat. Thus you don't get to develop stats such as strength/endurence and speed, since most of the skills that depand on them are related to combat. In effect, you can carry less, die from 1 hit at later levels and wind up too slow to dodge attacks anyway. Not to mention that having to travel with the speed of 30 is no fun, even with the cute graphics to watch along the way.

And the other thing - I am *The* Bob, not some generic-ass average bob that crawls his way into the forum to make your life miserable.

4. Wolfsbane

Two Things-

Instead of summoning a big red deamon, couldn't you just turn invisible and loot the shit out of your victims? And, if you want to kill them, just backstab them with a broadsword while unseen. If you want to practice your thieving skills, hell, just pickpocket them while invisible too. If you fail, just run away and turn invisible again.

And as for you being *The* Bob, you haven't been here long enough yet to acieve such repect from an elder like Blinky. I'm still called Wolf and Wolfie 'round here, and I've been here quite some more time than you have.

5. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Ooh, look at that litten kitten pretending to be a lion!

...cute. *meow*

6. reQuieM

reQuieM New Member

Pretty soon Neverwinter Nights 2 is coming out, I hope it's even better than Oblivion, but I found Oblivion to be TOO realistic. I don't WANT to be able to pick up every single item that's lying around, and I don't WANT my NPC's to go for a lunch break every day.

7. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

It sure is your right to have a personal prefference, but just WTF is wrong with having a bit of extra freedom ? And a game world that isn't revolving around your world-saving quest ?

8. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

It's not like the game is saying "PICK UP EVERYTHING AND EXPLORE EVERYWHERE OR I'LL CORRUPT YOUR HARD DRIVE". I don't see how you could get angry at a game for not running on rails.

9. reQuieM

reQuieM New Member

I know, Oblivion is a great game, I was just saying I would have liked it more if they made it a bit less realistic. :p

10. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

What?! NPC's taking breaks on MY time? Must...killl...!

11. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Arcanum followers and NPC's are great you could play for 100 years and not once would they complain about being hungry (Except for Gorgoth).

12. Wolfsbane

You know Vyenna, I can be a real lion when i want to...

*Growl*

Our Host!