Should I Resign

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dr_deathspike, May 9, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Should I Leave?

1. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Yes. Go The F*** Away!!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I really couldn't care less

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. dr_deathspike

dr_deathspike New Member

It has recently been brought to my attention that i am unwanted here and am therefore asking your opinion:
    SHould I bow my head in shame, lose my honor, and give up as Dr_Deathspike

2. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

You should improve your grasp of the English language, including period use, and think more before you post. We as a forum have probably already seen all the stupid things out there, so why don't you try to post more intelligent things that we might not have seen.

3. dr_deathspike

dr_deathspike New Member

Interesting point. One of which I had not thought of.
    As the poll currently stands, the results are tied between go and stay so until a deffinitive answer is presented i shall continue to make this my forum of choice.

4. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

This is a forum, not a clique. You're not unwanted, you're just being hazed. That, and most of the people here have an almost exhausting vocabulary, as well as a very healthy knowledge of punctuation and grammar.
    Don't feel so dejected. You're acting like this is your real life; it's just a forum in the internet, full of people you may never meet.

5. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Impressive mastery of semi-colon use Grossenschwaum.

6. Maximus

Maximus New Member

dr_DS, we'll let you live, for now....
    Just dont post gibberish and declare yourself 'Nerd In Coma nd', or someone will flame ya. Unless thats what your looking for, in which case you've come to the right place.

7. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

8. The_Bob

The_Bob Administrator Staff Member

At least your smart, well voiced input brings some life into the forum, and so do the flames that follow. And a live forum is definately better than a dead one, regardless of the qualiy of its life. Well, alright, what's happaned to the arcanum inn is definately worse than dying off, but still I consider a slow decay to that state a better idea than dying off by driving away new members just to make the forum look better. Well, there sure are exceptions since the situation here is not that desperate, but this place sure feels slow recently.

And as for you, Dr_Deathspike, you're nowhere near the element that should be discarded, with occasional flames being more of constructive criticism than a notice to go away and die. And I'm sure you'd know the difference, should the latter type of flames be directed your way.

9. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

I don't recall ever really going after you death. You should share some painful childhood memories with us, so we can make you cry if you don't stop spamming illegible things.

Other than that, welcome to the forums, try to speak English.

10. Grossenschwamm

I went after him...I think. Sorry about that! Kinda. Eh...I'll find one of my more recent posts and check that out. Maybe not. I'm just thinking back to when I was new to the forums, and Rosenshyne and Japes gave me the business...or something. Anyway, don't worry about it.

11. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Hey, don't take things so seriously, not on the Internet and certainly not on these here forums. People here like to haze newbs, it's not personal and we really don't care that much. Many of us do find erratic spelling and grammar annoying, though (it's not like yours are that bad anyway) and sometimes we flame people out of sheer boredom. Still, if you can learn to chill out and not take what we say too seriously, there's no reason why you can't stay and have fun. Welcome! :)

12. dr_deathspike

dr_deathspike New Member

Yes ... Well ...
    I seem to have forgotten the whole HAZING portion of being a newb. I guess is has to do with the whole "only getting net access during lunch when the school doesn't have me in class" part that forced me to ACCIDENTALLY take those things personaly.
    Sometime being a highschool freshman really (and because i have limited access I didn't bother to read the launguage restrictions) f**k*n' sucks!!!

And in response to a previous post, by Frigo, left unanswered by myself: I am now 15 and I currently reside in Macon, on the SouthEast coast of the U.S.

13. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

It wasn't like this when I joined, you know... You've all grown soft. Shame on you!

If you don't have a computer at home, then I understand the trouble, but I'd solve it by writing one or maybe two posts a day, which you really think through, instead of just loads of useless incomprehensible posts.

//mathboy

14. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Math, do you even make your own posts anymore, or do you just god-mode your contributions into other people's posts?

15. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Mathboy's decided not to make his 1,000th post until his birthday so he's God-moding until whenever that is.

16. Grossenschwamm

That's cool, I guess. However, I miss seeing the Naked Orc pop up whenever Mathboy posts something.
    Geez, Deathspike, you're a freshman AND you're 15? Not that it's a bad thing, but wow...you're a young'un!
    However, I'm glad you know how to spell. I know a lot of kids with whom I grew up who couldn't spell "light" at 15, and now, at around 20, they struggle with the proper use of "they're," "their," and "there." As well as "your" and "you're."
    Yup. It's almost like reading a seperate language when these people talk to me online.

17. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

About 2 weeks from now, the only other thing I got out of him is that it might involve tubgirl.

18. Grossenschwamm

That would be eww. Well, suffice it to say I'm not going to watch for his post, then.

19. Maximus

Maximus New Member

20. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I'm wondering, if it can defeat Tubgirl, do I really want to click on the link and see it for myself?

Our Host!