about the blade launcher

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by nobody2751, Sep 20, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. nobody2751

nobody2751 New Member

is it better than the looking glass rifle...and what ammunition does it use, if its better i want it nowww!!!

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Actually, the looking glass rifle is better. The blade launcher does less damage, uses more ammunition and has a shorter range.

Has anyone else noticed that with the possible exceptions of the flame thrower and tesla gun, and that one you find in the Vendigroth wastes, that most of the cross-discipline guns blow goats? I mean, most of them end up doing less damage, more ammo, slower firing and shorter range! For example - charged accelerator gun, high-velocity pistol, blade launcher, rifled cannon, long-range pistol, pyrotechnic gun - pretty much anything actually.

3. Borrisk

Borrisk New Member

The blade launcher is a really poor weapon. The damage is 30-60, but it uses SIX bullets at a time and is fairly slow. Most of the other cross-tech guns are crap as well, especially anything based on the repeater rifle.
    The exceptions are the long range pistol, which has the same damage as the glass rifle, is one handed, AND is much faster, but without the to hit bonus and 5 less range, and the tesla gun, which does an awesome 10-80 electrical damage but uses 3 charges er shot, so you have to have the supplies to back the power. The grenade launcher is also quite good; it basically fires a shot that acts like a molotov with a smaller range. Frankly I am disappointed with the balance of the game in the gun respect.

4. Voormis

Voormis New Member

remember, rifled cannon ignores ALL resistances.

but your right. tesla gun and drochs warbringer are all that matters. Im still pissed about high velocity pistol . i think they fucked that scematic up somewhere.

5. tarin

tarin New Member

what about the hand canon
    does anybody use it ?
    used once or twice but i think its only as good as the fine revolver but has no +5 to hit and a shorter range
    whats your favorite one hand gun ?
    and what the hell is this "warbringer" ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: tarin on 2001-09-20 08:52 ]</font>

6. Eldritch

Eldritch New Member

You can use pickpocket on the the clerk in Smythe's Gun shop in Tarant and get his sharpshooter pistol (might need to use a fate point here). It does 3-14 damage with a speed of 17, use 1 bullet and IIRC has a to hit bonus. I've never seen it for sale anywhere. You can blow away ore golems and the fire guys, paricularly if you get your speed up. Black mine was a cake walk with that gun, just remember to force your guy to stand still while attacking if in real time.

7. Xtzchild

Xtzchild New Member

But!

still the looking glass rifle is the best!
    u cant compare it to other weapon!

by the way that ancient weapon that u can make from the ancien shematic is shitty!

8. Eldritch

Eldritch New Member

I'm playing version 1.07 and the sharpshooter pistol was way better than the looking glass rifle because of the speed. This was as a master of firearms. I had to kill those bandits about 10 times before I could get their hostage out alive. The first shotgun blast you hear is aimed at her, you have to take out the big guy before he blasts her.

9. tarin

tarin New Member

are you sure that this thing is called sharpshooter pistol
    cuz i know there is a quality revovler doing 3-12 damage has a range of 15 and a speed of 17
    AND there is the fine revovler has 3-12 damage(mebbe 14) range of 15 speed of 17 AND +5 hit they look both the same and has nearly the same stats as you can see the only difference is +5 to hit and the name im not sure if it does 12 or 14 damage but i use the fine revovler trought the hohle game
    i think its one of the best guns cuz its an allrounder you can wear a shield have a speed of 17 (that is fast!) and +5 to hit so youre hit everything it takes only seconds to bring
    enemys down

10. jimbo32

jimbo32 New Member

The sharp-shooter's pistol is exactly the same as the fine revolver, but has +15 to hit rather than +5.

11. tarin

tarin New Member

hmmm thats interessting i think im going to be a mage killer with that gun
    (i slaughter everything with the fine revlover so this mus be overkill)

12. Leto Atreides II

Leto Atreides II New Member

All of you people who think the Looking Glass Gun is so great must not be using the 1.07 patch! In version 1.07, the Looking Glass Gun does 10-30 Damage, is just as slow, and does almost no fatigue damage. How can you stand all the egregious bugs in the release version?

13. Xtzchild

Xtzchild New Member

!!!!!!!!

in my version it does 40-40 damage and 40-40 futaige!
    AWSOME!

14. TechDude

TechDude New Member

Heh, yeah... that's prolly why you guys didn't patch too... and then we get to hear about how the rest of the guns suck :smile:

15. Xtzchild

Xtzchild New Member

ha?

What in the patch the other guns get better?

16. Leto Atreides II

Xtz, the 40-40 damage has nothing to do with "your version." If you just play the game out of the box, it does 40-40 damage/fatigue. But you're supposed to update any game as soon as a patch comes out, because otherwise you'd have to put up with bugs that you don't need to put up with.

Yes, in the patch, some of the other guns were improved. You can use the right mouse button to instantly transfer inventory items from one side to another in any inventory interface. The alignment bug that caused your party members to constantly lose reaction towards you was fixed. There is a full screen mode that gets rid of the bulky interface with the touch of a hotkey.

If I could only stand not having these fixes/features, I'd avoid using the patch just to have the super looking glass.

17. Xtzchild

Xtzchild New Member

18. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

I don't know. I never tried it because I still need the functionality of those other interface.

19. Leto Atreides II

The full-screen mode looks good, and it's certainly useful in some situations, but you'll need to switch between modes (just hit the F10 key) occasionally if you need to use something from the interface.

20. Shadowman

Shadowman New Member

That's what quick keys are for.

Our Host!