Iranian Insanity

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maximus, Apr 28, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Iranian nuclear row will be solved with:

1. Diplomacy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Military Action

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Iran will have the bomb before anyone can stop them

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Iran has lost any sense of reason what so ever. Today (Friday), the UN Security Council is going to vote on what to do about Iran. If you dont already know, Iran's been pursuing nuclear technology and enriching uranium, despite the entire world warning it not to.

The madman behind it all, president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, is on record as saying he wants to "wipe Israel off the map"; has recently met with all the major anti-Israeli terror groups; has stated that if the US interferes with his plans, he promises "harm and pain" to the west; and has just announced that if anyone takes action against them, that they'll transfer their technology, etc to Sudan, which is a long-time terror advocate.

Meanwhile, his PR guys are trying to go behind him and cover up the disaster he's creating by saying they're only pursuing nuclear power for the sake of energy production! Iran's the fourth largest oil producer in the world!

The reality is, that this lunatic is endangering the lives of his people for no other reason than hatred of Israel. Or insanity. The whole world is condeming his actions and talking about taking steps to stop him, then why doesn't he stop? Did I mention that Iran is officially recognized as
    a State Sponsor of Terrorism?

What's your opinion on the matter?

2. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Take a look at a world map and see what countries are on either side of Iran. Then think about what two countries the U.S. has a heavy military presence in.

3. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

America will invade with a first strike in which they'll use tactical nuclear weapons and it'll be the biggest mistake they ever make, playing right into the hands of the Iranian President, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. It'll cause mass riots in every Arab, Muslim and Islamic country in the world and only further convince other nations that nuclear weapons are the only way to keep the "Evil Western Capitalists" at bay. As a result we'll see a renewed push by such countries to develop or aqcuire weapons of mass destruction and it will lead to terrorist attacks on par with those of September 11 2001, if not worse.

4. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

The problem is that as long as America uses WMD's as a deterent to militant nations the 'Don't be a hypocryte you've already got them' excuse will always work. I know that it isn't feasable to get rid of them, but as long as the US, Russia, France, Britain and China are allowed to play, everyone else will want in.

5. Maximus

Maximus New Member

The terrible thing about WMD, is once its developed, it can never be undone. Even if the those who have the bomb were to magically get rid of their existing stockpiles, other rouge nations like Iran, Iraq, and Syria would still try to aquire them. Not for protection, but because its the biggest symbol of Power on the planet. That, and it allows you to use the bomb on anyone you dont like. Like Iran's hatred of Israel. Never mind they've got an unknown number of nukes as well.

Of which, if someone does lite one off, it'll probably be Israel, not America. The US has some feel-good hippy perspective on things when it comes to nukes, that we wont use them unless someone else does first. Guilt over Japan?

Despite the fact that the US maintains a strategic position on both sides of Iran, this is something the entire world is denouncing, not just America. Even the other two big dogs, Russia and China, are viewing Iran's nuclear ambitions negatively and are on the record publicly calling for Iran to stop. Personally, I think they've had it coming to them since the Hostage crisis back in the 70's, which their current president supposedly took part in....

6. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

If every major nuclear power on the planet wants Iran to stop trying to either obtain or develope nuclear arms, they should stop. It's turning into a pissing contest. It's a lot like how you see middle aged men driving their BMW's, or Ferraris.
    For national power to be decided in such an inane and superfluous turn of events has got to be illegal. It's definitely infantile.

7. Jungle Japes

It seems to me that either Israel or Iran is doomed here, and I don't think it will be Israel. Ahmadinejad knows that he could have a bomb built before the amazingly ineffectual U.N. does anything more than impose sanctions, and will probably use it on Israel or America as soon as possible. Israel and America know this as well, and are both in a position to strike. America is too bogged down in bipartisan politics to do anything, and wouldn't use nukes anyway. That leaves Israel, and I don't think they have any compulsions about using 'the bomb.'

If you remember, I predicted this before though my timeframe was a little off.

8. Grossenschwamm

I'm not sure as to the practicality of using a nuclear weapon so close to one's own country, especially with the power they're churning out these days. If it didn't cause a nuclear winter, it would definitely give a "healthy" dose of fallout radiation to whomever the wind decided to take a dump on. Regardless, not a pretty situation. I think the best course of action would be to take a group of highly trained marines or rangers and just get rid of the problem. Then again, I'm fairly young and impulsive, and prone to moments of "Hey! Shut up and sit down, *add country here*!"

9. Jungle Japes

Of course, nukes aren't the only bombs that can obliterate a city. You just need fewer of them.

10. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

I'm somehow more afraid of a mutation of the flash-eating bacteria than some nuke.

11. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Latest Update

I'm in awe, it seems as if Iran is bending a little; or stalling until it can finish building the bomb. They say they'll cooperate with inspections, but only from one group and on their terms, while their leader continues to tell the world he wont stop his nuke program.

Whats even scarier than flesh-eating bacteria, is what if this material gets into the hands of terrorists? They have no regard for their own lives, I doubt they'll worry about radioactive clouds, nuclear fallout, and the deaths of millions of innocent (and even Muslim) lives.

12. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I know not what the weapons of WWIII will be, but WWVI will be fought with sticks and stones.

13. Grossenschwamm

That's if there are still animals left who are able to use tools at that point.

14. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I believe that it was Einstein first said that. Physicist, Philosopher, Stereotype. A man of many talents.

15. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

I remember that this Einstein's phrase was someone's signature.

16. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

It's been mine at certain points, although maybe not on this site.

17. Maximus

Maximus New Member

How appropriate to be quoting Einstein, as he helped pave the way for the development of the Bomb.

[​IMG]

18. RagingCalm

RagingCalm New Member

And if I remember correctly, he regretted it for the rest of his life.

19. Maximus

Maximus New Member

And you'd think a smart guy like that would have seen it coming....

Personally, I think he did it as revenge against the people who picked on him as a kid. He took conventional warfare away from us all! Sneaky bastard....

20. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

That made me think you're stupider than I thought before reading that.

Our Host!