Rozen Maiden

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tamaneko, Apr 18, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

tamaneko reminds me of the poser goths that would hang around the park in my town.

By "poser goth", I mean anyone who favors dark makeup & clothes, pointless conversation, is devoid of advanced knowledge, and who above all tries to make it fasionable to be a loser/pariah by bemoaning their petty problems with a group of like-minded individuals. My message to them is simple; if you hate living, kill yourself, or decide to make the best of life. If you're stupid enough to prefer stagnation, that's your choice, but I'm not going to admire you for it.

Hopefully, the one know as "tamaneko" will never return here, though no matter what he does, he can't affect us. If he stays gone, we are rid of a fool, if he reforms, we have gained a member, if he returns to be flamed, he gives us a laugh. Which legacy do you want, tamaneko?

2. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

A guy in my battalion did himself in this week, so of course we had to have a class on suicide prevention. Bloody inconvenience.

EDIT: fixed typo

3. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Suicide prevention? Do they teach you to cut yourself in the right places so that you will bleed but not die?

4. Jungle Japes

They teach us to look for warning signs, like if a person starts giving away all their posessions and saying, "I'm going to kill myself, so you won't be seeing me around any more."
    Once the warning signs are spotted, we're supposed to avoid the typical response of, "*nervous laugh* Oh cheer up, it ain't that bad. Ya pussy."

5. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Are suicide preventions as exciting as drog prevention? Once I dared to ask something:
    - Does piracetam have side effects?
    - What is piracetam???
    - Uhhh... Thank you...

---

Posers? Like these?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Miserable almost-animal beings.

6. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Peter what you are talking about sounds like emo kids certain it is not the same?

7. Maximus

Maximus New Member

No, suicide prevention training probably causes more suicides than it cures, I had to sit through six of em last year! That musta been our punishment for letting some kid off himself in the dorms after putting a sign on his door saying "do not disturb, suicide in progress" Monday morning, after nobody so much as told him he was stupid, he nixed himself.

8. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

That's because usually the people training you to prevent suicide either ATTEMPTED or thought about suicide. The only people who really know how to prevent suicide are those who went through with it. It's like giving medical advice when you're not a doctor.

9. Maximus

Maximus New Member

I wish someone would tell the people at my work, they've got the ABC's of identifying warning signs, and insist on boring us with the same friggin details on a regular basis. Like anyone wanting to wack themselves is gonna consult the manual first!

10. Grossenschwamm

A lot of times, people who want to kill themselves (the ones who are serious about it, not just looking for attention), will look for pointers from other people who feel down and out. It's a manual, just not one on paper. However, some of these self destructive thoughts are "published" online. It's the same kind of mindset of all the people spouting about the greatness of the KKK, or anorexic advocates' websites.
    I don't trust anyone who was given...I don't know, a 45 minute seminar in anti-suicide training. All I can trust are those who lived through it. Experience is the greatest "school" in the world.

11. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

If somebody is so dumb to kill himself, then let it be.

12. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

That's my philosophy too, but I make an exception for one of my friends. He slit both his wrists with razor blades. Lived through it though, somehow. Crazy bastard...

13. Grossenschwamm

Since he survived, it's obvious that he was not supposed to die.
    I'm very selfish when it comes to suicides. One of my friends threatened to commit suicide, and I told him I wouldn't let it happen. One night he was talking to me and a couple other people online and said "You know what, I'm just gonna get this over with"
    And he left. I found out later that one of the other people he was talking to had called the police and sent them to his house. He was alive, but very pissed at all of us for not wanting him to die. He said, "Damnit! It's what I wanted! Who are you to decide what I do with my own life?!"
    That was about five years ago, and he stopped talking to all of us. I lost one of my best friends because I didn't want him to die, and he's still alive.
    I'm not about to let any of my friends die by their own choice, but sometimes Iwonder if dealing if his death would've been easier than seeing him walk around, catching eyes with him, and feeling how much he hated me.

14. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

How come Im never invited to these jerkcircle's of love? Do i need to reach 500 post to get the invite.

15. tamaneko

tamaneko New Member

That's the problem with suicide - it's a selfish act that only serves the suicider. A person who wants to commit suicide thinks of no one else but themselves, and they don't care at all how this will affect their friends and family. It's a coward's way out, and if you think it's wrong, well, just think about this - if they're too pussy to live through life then maybe they don't deserve to live. And this is coming from someone who's almost gone through one and still thinks about it from time to time, mind you. :lol:

As for my previous posts, well, I'll say this much - while I still think that certain individuals on this forum are assholes, now that I'm a bit more calm now, I must say I'm a bit embarassed by that outburst. Judge me as whatever you want, I don't really care. Think of it instead as an example of an insane emotional outburst of someone who takes internet flaming too seriously because this is that particular individual's only opportunity to actually talk with people. Sorry, but I can't help but take flames seriously.

16. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

17. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Did he cross the street or go down the road? They've gotta remember it's down the road.

The other thing is that unless you really get the knife in there and tear the veins out and then lie around for about 2 hours (which is about how long it takes for the blood loss to be unrecoverable), chances are you won't die.

This helpful tip was brought to you by Xanax. For all your needs.

18. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Anyone contemplating suicide should at least come up with something original, so that their family can sell the TV rights and their friends can write books and do signings. Think of your loved ones financial future before doing yourself in.

19. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Like ODing on XANAX and then sueing the company for millions!

20. Jungle Japes

If they were really serious about it, you'd think they'd just slit their throat. That would be way more effective than the wrists.

Our Host!