Not Arcanum, but a game we all love.

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by JustaFishInaJar, Jan 28, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

I'm finally trying to beat FallOut 2 and was wondering if you can get the G.E.C.K. and save Arroyo, before the town gets destroyed by a mysterious force. Don't tell me anything else as I don't want the game spoiled for me.

2. Naked_Lunch

Naked_Lunch New Member

I think this is in the wrong forum (General Discussion, maybe?).

As for the fallout 2 question, I don't think so, but I haven't played FO2 since 2002.

3. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

Hence the title "Not Arcanum, but a game we all love." Alot of the people here play fallout so I was asking. Kind of break the Arcanum tedium.

4. Naked_Lunch

Naked_Lunch New Member

Sorry, i didn't have my hearing aid in so I had trouble reading it correctly.

5. Rjak

Rjak New Member

You can bring the GECK to the village (with an inventory editor) but you wont be able to enter in San Francisco anymore. The game will not crash, but will freeze. This is because you already "saved" the villagers but because you did not killed the end-boss the game thinks that they are still Enclave prisoniers. You can still enter in Navarro and spread havoc :).

Those bozars are great, isnt it? :)

6. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

There is no time limit as far as my extended playing can tell like there was in the first one to find the water chip

7. Rjak

Rjak New Member

Actually there is. 16 years.

8. mathboy

mathboy New Member

9. Rjak

Rjak New Member

You have 13 yrs to solve the GECK problem then you can wander around 3 more years. I will dig in my old PC for some Fallout 2 saves and check that, but I'm 90% sure about those numbers.

Btw, anyone managed to repair Gecko power-plant without have the ghouls invaded by Vault City? If you repair the plant AND give holodisk to Vestin they are invaded in 20 yrs, if you don't give him the holodisk, they are invaded in 10. I allways felt like an ass at endgame cinematics when I saw that...

10. Maximus

Maximus New Member

No, its part of the storyline. Kind of a bummer, after putting in all that work, but hey, it all works out in the end.

Exept for the Ghouls.... oh wait, you didn't want spoilers.

11. Rjak

Rjak New Member

Huh? Did I say something about spoilers?

Since we are at this, just for fun, try to roll a character with 1 Inteligence, 1 Luck, 1 Charisma, and *try* to enjoy the game, especially the dialogues. (Don't ask me how can you solve the quests, I abandoned the "project" when I hit Broken Hills and the only option dialogue I had with Marcus was "let's fight")

12. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

That's got to be a tough, if not impossible, way to play Fallout 2. Nothing like being an unlucky, irate moron.

Our Host!