dmub sfutf on TV

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maximus, Apr 9, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Can you read this?

1. Lokos fnie to me

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. What the heck?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I hate polls

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

It's a movie about a computer game. Trust me when I tell you that it's going to suck.

2. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Don't be too sure. Unlike most FPS games, HL has a wonderful story. I mean, Doom has not. It's just "boom boom, splat splat" and then it's overwith. Sucks.

3. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Well, if you go back a few years James McTeigue (V for Vendetta director) was an assistant director on Street Fighter the Movie. Now that was a bad movie.

4. Wolfsbane

Er... Yes, but it was a horrible game, too. One of the worst ever, I imagine. There was only one good thing about that game: HADOKEN!!!

5. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

>.< Hadoken is from Final Fantasy! Not Street Fighter! Holy SHIT you don't know anything. Oh, and fuck you both, that movie, and that game rocked. V for Vendetta couldn't stand up to the comics, of course not, I don't ever expect such movies to stand up to the books or comics or things they're based off of. Not possible. Look at sequels even! Other than Lord of the Rings, Lethal Weapon, and Mortal Kombat, NOBODY has made a decent sequel unless it's something that's running as a pre-planned trilogy (or larger). V for Vendetta, and Sin City are great because they've taken the Comic book medium, something most people can't stand, and spread it out for the general populace to be able to comprehend, and effeciently secured the comic's place in history.

6. Wolfsbane

Er... You are aware of that they use Hadoken in street fighter, aren't you? And Saryoken?

7. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Super Puzzle Fighter! :) Or whatever the name was.

8. DarkFool

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hadoken
    Alright, I'll give you that one. I guess I don't remember the game as well as I thought. Oh, and yes, I did mean Silvara, n't Bunny. Sorry Bunny/Silvara. I've yet to read 1984... I should do that, and were the extra 'sss' on 'precious' accidental or a LotR reference?

9. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Do read it, seriously, it's a really interesting book. And yes, that was from LotR.

10. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

Your counting Mortal Kombat 2 as a decent sequel. You are indeed a fool, a dark dark fool. The entire movie was actors backflipping to each other and spouting really bad dialoge. Worst quotes ever....

1. "As the world was created in 7 days so shall I destroy it."
    2. "I expected to find a team of warriors, yet I find warriors fighting with eath other."

and my personal favorite.

Raiden,"As long as I have the power you shall never lay claim to this world."
    Khans responds,"As long as the portals remain open...YOUR WORLD BECOMES MY WORLD." and of course they backflipped towards each other to state these facts.

11. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

I believe some of the worst dialogue I have ever heard came from the mouths of Natalie Portman and Haydin Christianson in the new StarWars movies.

12. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Their dialogue was rather appropriate when you compare it to anything Jean-Claude Van Damme's done. Wait...he was in street fighter. Playing Guile, right? Yeah...well whatever. Not that it changes anything.

13. reQuieM

reQuieM New Member

Well, I think this would have something to do with your familliarity with the words. For example:
    I could read that whole sentence with ease... the only word where I struggled for a moment was "nred", I think this is because it's a word you don't see every day.

14. Grossenschwamm

Yeah, the main reason most people can read the sentence that you have just reproduced is their mastery of the english language. However, some people (i.e. those with dyslexia) are able to read the otherwise jumbled sentence because of how the parts of their brains interpret visual signals. Whatever the case, nerd really doesn't appear very often. I myself haven't even used the word in about three years. I don't even think it's important anymore. Hell, maybe in a few years it'll be an esoteric complement. I'm gonna start using it again...and I bet it'll be fun.

15. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

y'all are weird. i use nerd in everyday conversation. also geek and dork. generally to describe family members.

16. Grossenschwamm

I use geek and dork all the time. But, like I said, I just started using and hearing the word, "nerd," today for the first time in years. Basically I called my friends a bunch of nerds and they said it right back to me.

17. DarkFool

That's why they were great.

Our Host!