When is Raven supposed to, you know...

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by tamaneko, Apr 6, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tamaneko

tamaneko New Member

...have sex with my character? Sorry, but I can't find any older topics that specifically states when this event is triggered. And does having Z'an Alurin in my party affect my character's relationship with Raven? Spoilers are welcome for this particular question.

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

When you get to the ring of Brodgar, she'll get all sentimental on you, and that's when it happens. And, yes, having that dark elf will change how Raven thinks of you. Also, she won't do anything with you if you're half-orc or half-ogre.
    And that's how it happens.

3. RagingCalm

RagingCalm New Member

She'll only do it if you're elf, half-elf, or human. So dwarves, gnomes, halflings, half-ogres, and half-orcs get no love.

4. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Sex is boring in Arcanum. Everything goes blank.

I've always wondered whether choosing the "lovely" answers in the dialogues helped in the lovetime part.

5. Grossenschwamm

Really? I thought the elves loved the halflings in the game. Well, maybe not love in that way. It's probably the same kind of love you give a teddy bear, a puppy, or a child. Maybe a kitten. But never a hippo (they bite).
    You know, because the guard at the entrance of Quintarra picks you up in his arms and he's all "OH! I'm so happy to see one such as yourself here in our humble city! Welcome to Quintarra, sir!" I don't think that's what he says, but I'd be very surprised if it was much different.
    Never tried it. I don't think dialogue ever popped up during that part of my game.

6. tamaneko

tamaneko New Member

Thanks for the info. I'd like to know more about how having Z'an with me affects my character's relationship with Raven. How so? Spoilers are also welcome.

7. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

YOu know....somebody Industrious enough and with oodles of spare time might be able to make some CGI sex scenes as still iamges or maybe even a movie sequence if people are really that interested in sex scenes.

It would probably play out like the H-Scenes in Hentai Games and such...

Personally, I could care less as real sex better than Arcanum sex but something like that might satifiy the kinky side of some of you.

But please...no Dwarf Sex cos that'ts just plain wrong :p

8. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Thanks for putting that image into our heads, FourHorsemen.

9. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

You know, the most time in the dwarven sex-act is actually spent discretely, searching for the opposite dwarfs sex. It's not easy to see underneath all that armor and... beard...

10. Grossenschwamm

For all we know, dwarves reproduce asexually. I have a theory. If a hair falls from a Dwarf's beard and lands into a puddle of mead or malt beer, cellular mitosis begins at the hair's follicle. The result? A hairy young man.
    As for the Z'an question, I'm not sure if i chose the wrong responses or what, but
    Raven just didn't want to make the "hot elfy love" with me when we got to the ring of Brodgar. I played as a human.

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Trust me, either you said the wrong thing, or else your alignment wasn't high enough.

Having played as human, elf, and half-elf, get everything right and she will declare her undying love and devotion - regardless of gender.

Better luck next time.

12. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Gender does matter. When you are a woman, certain dialogue options just won't trigger.

[Edit=I'm really pissed off, this is the second Arcanum copy that's wrong. Nobody happens to have the Setup1 file up there somewhere, do you? Apparently it's a problem with the mp3, which is really silly.]

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Ooooppppsss - My most sincere apologies good people. :roll:

I have been playing Car-Arcanum for several months now and the lesbian option has no difficulties. Just make sure that you are a raving beauty with perfect alignment.

However - I recently unpacked the DAT files for a look around, and yes there is both script and vocal dialog for Raven to pledge herself to a woman. What I don't know for certain is if that scenario was in the original game.

14. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

Do you mean the 200 megs Setup1.cab?

15. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Yeah, that one. I've ripped it apart to see where the conflict was and when it's analising the mp3s, bang!

16. Frigo

Frigo Active Member

199 902 085 bytes long
    204 634 979 bytes long unpacked

17. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Why, thank you, Frigo! You're a sweetheart! :heart:

(Psst! Now, edit the post and change the link so that no one can charge you with anything.)

18. mathboy

mathboy New Member

19. Bunny

Bunny New Member

20. Grossenschwamm

Yes, it is in the original game. It takes a little more finesse than being a man, though. Anyway, my character's persuasion was maxed out, master at full and whatnot, and my character also had a beauty of 16. So, when Raven didn't want to do anything, it WAS completely my fault. Yup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Our Host!