Destruction V Precision

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TONGSyaBASS, Mar 28, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Which is most satisfying?

1. Bazooka

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Sniper

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

Is it a computer game or just a card thing?

I have a computer game called Spycraft: The Great Game (i think its the great game?) where you work for the government I think but its tight as hell, havent played in a few years

I wanna play that game you were talkin about if its for the computer, lemme know

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I mean feet per second...but you just gave me the best idea ever.

3. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

4. RagingCalm

RagingCalm New Member

Sniping for me. I can carry more ammo and not completely give away my location when I fire the weapon.

5. Grossenschwamm

Well...that holds true if there are no other snipers on the field. With a bazooka, stealth is not a high priority. I mean, sure, you want to stay hidden enough that you can deliver a couple more pounds of explosive, but generally it's not at the top of the list. Put a sniper up against a person with a bazooka...sniper's gonna win. But, if you have both sides within 300 yards of each other, it might fall on who finds who first.
    And yes, I am taking in to account that both sniping and bazooka teams comprise of 2 people.

6. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

I might be wrong about this but i think the sniper will win any way since a bazoka is more cumbersome than a rifle. And that it requiers some amount of clear space to be fired. Hmm i guess it all depends on what type of a bazoka. Nah the sniper will win anyway. The sniper when fiering will be much smaller than the bazooka guy. As long as the sniper have a place to cover the bazoka man is dead. Go sniper.

7. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

And now tank comes... If sniper haven't killed bazookaman, all would have been much more better. For sniper.

8. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

And then Mr. Sniper pulls out his handy dandy radio and calls for close air support.

9. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

If he has radio... Anyway, tank will kill him several minutes before air support comes.

10. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

Not if he keeps hidden like any sensible person will do when confronted by a mobile artillery piece.

11. Grossenschwamm

Yeah, the instinct of self-preservation. Noone in their right mind would ever stand out in the open when a tank was coming up on them. Of course, with modern tanks, staying hidden is a bit tougher. Last I heard, M1A1's had thermal imaging monitors in the cab.

12. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Why bother running around on the ground?

Call in some B-52's to drop bombs on anything that even slightly resembles the enemy, then cook em down with some napalm!
    With todays Smart-Bombs, you could 'snipe' your enemys from 30000 feet! Now that's a sniper rifle! ...or a bazooka?...
    Who cares, deaders everywhere!

And if you have any pesky tanks still hanging out, we can finish them off with some A-10's!

[​IMG]

13. Grossenschwamm

Mmmm...air superiority, delicious. Nothing quite like the flying tank. But, there's a little more fun to be had if you're still on the ground, if you enjoy close personal combat. Tanks can be easily taken out with bazookas. With a sniper rifle, you'd have to hit a particularly weak spot, or hit right into the turret, detonating a shell inside.
    *Note-only armor piercing ammo pertains to my previous comment.

14. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

Combat is only enjoyable in stories.

15. Maximus

Maximus New Member

I agree. When the bastards start shooting back, the thrill of the kill turns into real-life fight-or-flight. Air power on the other hand is much more effective. Most of your opponents wont be able to counter the majority of your attacks, and ground combat can still be conducted afterwords to crush any remaining resistance and reinstall peace.

16. Grossenschwamm

I'm sorry I didn't specify that before, but it's what I meant. I forgot that there are some people in this forum who may have served in live combat, and my opinions are representative only of those people who are fortunate enough to never experience real war (i.e. only hear stories and think they're cool). Again, I'm sorry, and I hope I don't seem like too much of an ass.

17. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Naw, your cool. Air combat still rocks, except in video games.
    Then you gotta go for all-out maximum carnage snipper-style.

18. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I've been in combat, but in a different way. I've battled 50 people with swords and shields with my little party of 15 guys. That sucked horses ass. Ok, so the weapons weren't real, but it FELT real to us. If you got hit then you REALLY DIED, and that was the cool part. To know that you would've kicked those 50 asses alone if it had been real is a great knowledge to anyone. Lajv rocks.

19. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Paintball is an excellent way to kinda understand the feeling of combat, especially if people are using frozen paint!
    Of course, you only walk away with a few bruises at worst, but who wants to do the real thing anyway.

20. Grossenschwamm

I do paintball, but...you can kill someone with frozen paint. Just getting that out there. I keep on saying, "Let's play til it hurts!" And everyone else says "Only if it's all of us against you."

Our Host!