What do you think?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by midnite_matinee, Apr 1, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. midnite_matinee

midnite_matinee New Member

yah when i first played the game and i left Tsen Ang i was pissed because virgil left with most of my stuff. I make him carry alot of stuff that i'll probably never use but have it just in case :)

2. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

Yeah I was pretty ticked at him when he left the first time. I was not prepared for it at all. He had six bundles of dynamite, my keys, several lumps of dwarven ore, and my keys. Since this was before I patched, I lost all of it. Note how I typed my keys twice. I had over 20.

3. tamaneko

tamaneko New Member

Now I'm VERY interested. How do I trigger this Virgil becoming evil? Start the whole game from the start and take an evil path? Or does it start when I accept M'in Gorad's quest to slaughter Stillwater?

4. midnite_matinee

midnite_matinee New Member

Around my third time playing it i finally came to my senses and took all of my stuff from him right before we left Tsen Ang. I'd had enough of that.

5. Grossenschwamm

That's exactly how its done. Make sure you're thoroughly evil before he leaves your party, and when you get him back...wow, the things he'll tell you. His voice sounds different as well, but it's the same guy playing him.

6. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

He's so awfully cool, and he's my evil idol. He's more evil than any other character in the game, really. He even steps up against Elder Joachim and challanges him to the death. I LOVE the evil Virgil. It's the only Virgil worth keeping. The good one's just... cheesy.

7. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

The evil ones worse, with his snide attitude and completely unwitty comebacks, if you resurect him he comes out with "I suppose you want me to thank you for resurecting me". Yeah, real evil, the only way to make him a bigger stereotype would be to give him a top hat and have him laugh evilly twitching his mustache by a railway track with someone tied to it.

8. Grossenschwamm

But you CAN give him a top hat. It just doesn't show up on his character graphic. As far as I'm concerned, though, that's half of a stereotypical bad guy.

Our Host!