newbie comes,trouble comes

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Kya, Jan 19, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Kya

Kya New Member

hey every1.this is kya speaking.
    im from china,and i know no many ppl in china would like to play arcanum,just as fallout.
    where r u all from?is arcanum hot in ur country?
    id rather only core players play arcanum.after all,arcanum is a masterpiece.

p.s:im not good at english.lol wheres the forum located?im a newbie here but im kore player in rpg games. :D

2. Kya

Kya New Member

3. midnite_matinee

midnite_matinee New Member

hey

:-o ok first of all quit talking in online lingo, if you think its quicker it's not and it pisses some people off. second of all how could you not know where the forum is? its at the top of the screen.. you click on it. Arcanum is not that big in Oregon (where i'm from) but it's still an awsome game!

sorry if i came across a little stand offish. but... whatever

4. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Ah, he's here like... a day and he's already criticizing people. Both of you need to learn a few quick things. First of all, this is as nice as I usually am. I'm not attacking you. If you cry, you're just being a loser.

Don't double post. Use the edit button. It's there for a reason. Become friends with it. It's all shiny and stuff. It's a good button.

Secondly, there are many people here who don't speak English as a primary language. If you're one of them, we try to give you the benefit of the doubt. However, capitalization is something everyone can do, as is using full words. This isn't aim, it's not a chat room. It's a BBS. Even if your grammar is god awful, and we've seen some very bad grammar, we'll let it mostly slide as long as you show that you're willing to at least put in the effort to use the shift key on occasion.

Arcanum isn't "hot" anyway. It was mostly ruined by piracy, the company that made it has folded, and we are pretty much its last bastion of goodliness.

This is a sub-forum made to talk about various Arcanum stuff. Not to introduce yourself. Stuff like this should go in general discussion from now on. Please try to remember that.

And after all that, welcome. Enjoy your stay.

5. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

You recognise, guys, overlord Blinky said you something. Thank the Lord for this.

6. Stringy Pete

Stringy Pete New Member

Welcome to the forum.

Only one here who has the right not to capitalize is rosie.

Try your best. English isn't my primary language but I do my best.

In my country Arcanum is a forgotten game, I have met only one person in my life who played the game beside me.

Hope blinky will enlighten you further about forum ( You know blinky, about moderators and who is who here)

7. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I'm new too. I'm still learning what to say and what not to say, but I do know Arcanum is very popular among people of THIS forum. As for the general populace, I don't know how many fans of the game there would happen to be. I DO know that my friend loves this game, in fact, I bought it from him two years ago. He's still bitter.

8. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Well if you have the capacity to make bitterness last in someone for two years, perhaps you aren't as much of a newb as you thought.

9. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

I'm quite new, too. But I have a hell a lot of posts :)

10. Bunny

Bunny New Member

And you got to the magic number, 777, so you should stop posting for a week until a mod notices that you're the key to open a whole new forum where we can get weapons to use against each other. :heart:

Arcanum is definitely not popular over here; as a matter of fact, it came and went unnoticed. I had my first copy from my ex-boyfriend (he was very much into it) and I figured out what the hell, I'm gonna try it too. When we broke up I kept the copy. I met my present boyfriend because of it, but although he's not that into Arcanum (something I can't forgive him for, especially when he's such a gamer), he knows what I'm talking about when I mention it.

Thanks Arcanum for getting us together! :p

11. Wolfsbane

I'm, like, the only one in the whole Stockholm area who's even HEARD of Arcanum. I meet persons who've played it on some rare occasions. In fact, I've only met with three other swedes who've played it.
    But hey, I found you guys here, and you're a funny lot, so I guess I owe Arcanum (god bless Troika) something too.

Yay!

12. mathboy

mathboy New Member

Probably not...

13. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I've only ever met one other person who'd played Arcanum before I told them too.

14. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

I hadn't really heard of Arcanum until I bought it from my friend. To be honest, as soon as I played it, I couldn't have been more surprised at the quality of the game, and how deep I got into it after playing for the first time. Right after I installed it, I ended up playing it for nine hours straight. The only reason I stopped is because I noticed the odd amount of light coming through my windows, and decided I should probably get some sleep.

15. Wolfsbane

Sorry mathboy, but I didn't know you lived in Stockholm. Anyway, there are still only a select few who've played the game.

Or am I still incorrect?

16. Archea47

Archea47 New Member

I'd never heard of Arcanum before visiting terra-arcanum on the account of bloodlines. I own Wasteland, Fallout I II and FT:BOS, Baldus Gate I+ II+, Icewind Dale, etc never heard of it till but a month ago - and had to purchase it right away! :)

17. Wolfsbane

Good sport. Can't survive here without having played Arcanum, you can't!

18. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Is it just in my imagination, or mathboy tried to play Arcanum twice but he never finished it?

19. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I've finished Arcanum twice and started a couple of more characters, but have usually given up at the BMC, the Were-Rats are too scary.

20. Wolfsbane

That wasn't much, really. I'm sorry to say that I'm not impressed, mathboy.

Our Host!