Embassy Burning

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Xz, Feb 4, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Way do you jinxed of Embassy-Burning/Bombing etc?

1. It's fucked.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Only Savage do it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I support it. (I am a moron, who has absolutely no respect for "Freedom of Speech")

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't care, (I'm going yo go jump off a bridge now.)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

Agreeing. What I wrote was a talk between me and guy, who said I would become so foolish that I will not be able to attend russian universities if I will win in the exchange-of-students program and educate for 1 year there.

2. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

What is the education system like in Russia?
    I hear a great deal about how inadequate and corrupt the police are and I'd assumed the education system was similar.

That's an understatement and a half. Home schoolers are like the Midwich Cuckoos. They can't maintain a conversation unless it is about them as they have no experience of people outside their family. I've never met a homeschooler in Britain but I met a few in America. When I say met it was really just standing in the same room as them as they awkwardly looked at the floor and studied the light fittings.

3. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

A friend of mine in the U.S. has six kids, and she is homeschooling or have homeschooled them all. Last year she sent two of them to public school, after *careful* consideration. I've spoken with three of her kids, and they all seem perfectly capable of mantaining a conversation about anything and anyone.

4. Langolier

Langolier Member

I can't speak for the rest of America, but the educational system in California really is a piece of shit. I think everyone knows that though. We're close to being if not last in the country, despite being one of the 'richest' states (err... we used to be). When not being raped by her corrupt leaders California has more wealth than most countries.

The problem I see here is a lack of funding; you should see most of the textbooks I used all throughout school. They were more than a few decades old most of the time and in poor condition. The school I attended from 1st to 5th grade couldn't afford jerseys for the kids to wear at PE when we played team sports. Though when I left the school was finally getting some decent money and we'd actually installed a very small computer lab.

Perhaps the biggest problem though is that teachers have no power over the kids. They can't do anything to discipline them really, and the kids know this. In highschool alot of my class time was completely wasted by rowdy kids who wouldn't shut-up. The teacher would just stand there arguing with them all period. I wound up going to home-school in 11th grade, and I don't regret.

I'm a bit socially inept too, but I've always been that way. :p

5. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

i'm sure there's home-schooled kids with good social skills, say the ones from large families, or the ones who go to lots of out-of-the-house activities, like organized sports, or church groups, or local theaters or whatever. but there's this whole group of home-schooled kids who aparantly never leave their houses from the time they are small children... i knew alot of them growing up, i would see them every few months at neighborhood potlucks, and they were all hyper-intelligent, with the conversational skills of a spastic pedophile. it was totally bizarre.

6. Stringy Pete

Stringy Pete New Member

You know what this means? It means that IT is beginning. The government is starting to breed super intelligent people, and before you know it cloning people will be possible and woila, you have cloned a thousand of super intelligent people with no mind of their own.

Gee, I really don't know why?

Rosie, so glad you accepted me in that shelter of yours, even as a janitor.
    I think we are going to need it soon enough.

7. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

we may have to resolve the problem of you not liking Japes... soldiers have higher priority than janitors, you know.

8. Stringy Pete

Stringy Pete New Member

I just nag because of my job. :peace:

9. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Hmmm. Public school here is not exactly great either from what I know (I always attended private schools) but it is quite good (even better than the available private education in cases) at the university level. Our government does have less resources, though...

10. MADLAX

MADLAX New Member

I only know, Chinese students go to American school after High school often takes the first place in his class, because our basic education is very strict.

But in fact, there are also many Chinese crap who can't graduate in China go to try their luck in America, and they are just ruining China's reputation.

11. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

12. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

See, TONGS, that's right about russian educational system. And about police you're absolutely right. "Milizia" (russian word for police) are those who had 3 and 2 in school, therefore, they're cruel to those, who have better livelihood. Milizioners are not enough paid, but they dunno deserve more. People just try not to have deals with them.

13. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

you're quoting MADLax talking about China to make a reply about tongs and Russia?

14. MADLAX

MADLAX New Member

Are you sure? In fact one of my Senior school mates went to the USA one year ago. It was the Univercity of Minnesota. And last month she said the local students are just craps. She had beaten everyone in her class without efferts.

15. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

No, I only replied tongs about russian educational system, because he wanted to get some information about it.

16. mathboy

mathboy New Member

While quoting MADLAX talking about China.

17. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

18. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

The part I'm having trouble with is all the piss-poor English.

19. Qilikatal

Qilikatal New Member

Well japes have fun in iraq, i have heard they speak great english there. Also the piss poorenglish is something you just have to understand to be a working member of this forum. I don't have any problems understanding any english from and of the participants of this forum exept charles and he is an american.

20. Jungle Japes

Jungle Japes Well-Known Member

The trouble isn't that I don't understand it. It's that it makes my brain hurt.

Our Host!