The tomb of Tol Guldur

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by lord of halifax, Dec 27, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. lord of halifax

lord of halifax New Member

2. ville-v

ville-v New Member

I haven't played it, and I'm never going to play, if you don't give download-link :)

3. mathboy

mathboy New Member

4. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

I've recently played it and I have a few suggestions.

The baleful hound is too hard compared to the other critters. Perhaps tone it down a bit.

The ceremonial dagger should have the script attached to the attack and throw attachment points as well as the use point (It took me ages to figure out that it had to go in the quick slot before it would work).

Some of the dialogue is a bit hard to understand. They refer to "ashes" all the time but I think what you mean is soul or spirit.
    I would be willing to correct the dialogue if you want.

5. lord of halifax

6. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Done and done.
    Please give me your e-mail and I'll send the new dialogue files to you.

7. lord of halifax

8. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

I have sent you the files.

Hopefully it will find a place at TA once you pack them back into a .dat file. The more mods the merrier.

9. lord of halifax

Great work!!!
    I'll make the modification as soon as possible.
    I will be very proud to get more comments about it from other english players, when the mod is on downloadable on TA!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

10. lord of halifax

On last February, TONGSyaBASS sent me a translation into good english of the mod I've already tried to translate correctly. You can download it at :

http://champsdepelennor.free.fr/TolGuldur.dat

Thanks, Tongs (sorry, I'm very late!!! :cry: )

11. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

You are just in time for the downloads section being broken. Doh!

I was wondering, o bilingual one, are there any interesting modding resources at Arcanum Labs that we don't have here?

12. lord of halifax

Well... Except my modules, there's my own made FAQ : some advices about WorldEd traps. But, except for one or two advices, all is explained in AMTUT :

Ex : play ctrl to copy-paste something/someone

:wink:

13. Anym

Anym New Member

First of all, thanks for making and translating this module. However, I'm having a problem with it and I don't know what's the cause. After spending some time in the dungeon, the game slows down horribly, basically reloading for some seconds every time I make a step or scroll the map by one tile or even when I'm opening the inventory or the character sheet, basically rendering the module unplayable. Returning to a previous savegame doesn't help. And the game actually crashes upon exiting. I haven't experienced this with any other module I played so far, so I assume it's module-specific, but I also have no idea what exactly causes it in this module. So far, it has happened to me twice and I couldn't find a connection between the two situations. Did anyone else experience anything similar?

Because of that, I wasn't able to finish the module yet, but I'll probably try again after finishing this post. However, I noticed, that some of the things (mainly desprictions) that were translated in the previous version aren't translated anymore, like "Guérisseur" or "Pierre Sacrée" or the letter found on the body in the dungeon. Also, I noticed Mr. Fixit's shoes are actually lying on the ground at the beginning of the module and a quick player can literally pull them out under his feet. I'll probably post some more when (and if) I finish the module.

EDIT: Well, they say that the third time's the charm, but it actually took me four attempts to play the module till the end. I enjoyed it greatly. Only the French ending screen bothered me a little. ;) I even have a suspicion about the bug described above. As it only occured after I got the cremonial dagger, I assume it had something to do with the that or possibly with the moving of the tapestry or the pulling of the chain to get into the room with the dagger.

14. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Ok, thanks.
    I just wanted to check as some git was claiming Arcanum Labs had all kinds of fantastic files. I checked with Babel and couldn't see anything but it never hurts to ask.

15. lord of halifax

Yes, indeed. I didn't know how to fix the bug and I just gave up...
    I played the module once more and I didn't get the bug...
    I'm glad you enjoyed the module even if it's not completely translated!!! :-( You know, french communauty thinks it is my worst module. So you should enjoy the other ones very much more!!!!

The only fantastic files you can find into my site are my 7 original modules + 1 by an another guy!!!...

8)

Our Host!