Slow Virgil

Discussion in 'Module Discussion' started by Krull, Feb 10, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Krull

Krull New Member

Hello, started playing Arcanum again and have downloaded Chris Beddoes' Car Arcanum mod.

The problem is that Virgil moves painfully slowly at the crash site and don't know what causes it. Tried the Search facility and got loads of topics but all seem to be about how slow the computers are rather than just Virgil. I've recruited Althea (part of the mod I think) at the crash site and she's fine.

Is it the mod or something else that's causing it?

Thanks in advance.

2. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Have you checked that Virgil is not weighed down? He may have picked up lots of junk from the ground.

Do you have any other hacks or modules installed? They have a tendency to screw each other up.

This question should probably have been posted in module discussion.

EDIT: I see the powers that be have moved the post thus making my comment look like the deranged ravings of a madman. (Somewhat like when the FBI reprogram your family and destroy all records of your existence).

3. Krull

Krull New Member

Tongs

I'm so embarrassed, that's what it was, too much encumbrance (blush). My apologies.

Got another general question for anyone, I've collected some keys and there's a section in the journal for keys. I last played this game about 2-3 years ago and dimly remember I got a keyring from somewhere. None of the merchants in Shrouded Hills sell one, is it just a case of getting one from another town or just keep refreshing their stock until it appears?

Thanks.

4. Stringy Pete

Stringy Pete New Member

I don't remember that there are any in Shrouded Hills, but you can buy it off a general trade merchant in Tarant (I'm sure that he has it - his store is just pass the bridge leading into town ... and first or second building on your left)

5. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

General Store merchants sell it - you just have to advance days until they have it.

6. Krull

Krull New Member

OK, thanks for all the replies.

Our Host!