lock picking skill question

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by elrat, Sep 27, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. elrat

elrat New Member

i am currently playing a level 13 mage (relatively low) and have allocated 4 points to lock pick skill, at master with 14 dexterity and 10 perception.

I was more successful lock picking when I was an apprentice than a master.

My question is, is it because I am a mage or are my skill points still low? :smile:

2. Soldador

Soldador New Member

I think you mean expert, to be a master you must have 5 points allocated in picklock... One of my character is a mage with 5 points in picklock, and as far as i noticed my magical appitude isn't an obstacle in pickin' locks... Maybe you just try to open chests that are harder to open?

3. Eldritch

Eldritch New Member

The mage can pick most locks with magic at least 60-70 and the Unlocking Cantrip. Don't waste points on the lockpicking skill.

4. Rojo

Rojo New Member

but wait..

Don't forget that the unlocking cantrip makes noise. If you are thieving, noise gets you caught, then you have to fight the shopkeeper, and the guards get involved, and before you know it, you are at level 50, -100 alignment, Magnus hates your guts, Torian Kel wants to make mad evil love to you (male or female character), and you've turned Tarant into an instant replay of Vendigroth.

Our Host!