Dodge master quest?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Bendak Starkiller, Dec 15, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Wolfsbane

Wolfsbane Well-Known Member

Like monsters with 20 PE? Yeah, that'll kill most über-gnomes.

2. Box of Fox

Box of Fox New Member

I'm just a hoe and use invisibility w/ backstab.

And a pure throwing character would kick ass. I've always wanted to invest in throwing but I've always been to busy maxxing out Phantasm and Conveyance (and most likely eventually Force). Although to remain neutral that's quite a bit of points you aren't spending on magic or tech. What do you do? Increase stats?

3. Wolfsbane

Throwing's worthless. Don't you know anything? The perfect weapon is the Iron Clan hammer with 24 STR, or the Bangellian Scourge with 24 STR and 100% magic. Can't beat it.

4. Box of Fox

Box of Fox New Member

Isn't it interesting that Throwing suddenly becomes 800 times more valuable when those kite shamans cast entangle on you? =X...

Oh and also, earlier today I was at Liam's using that nearly infinite monster exploit where those portal mobs just keep coming (best in turn based combat). I was wondering if the number of mobs that come out eventually ends? I kept it up for like 20 minutes before I got sick of it and blasted the portal to bits.

5. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

I have never seen an end to them. Once I camped it for over and hour and the buggers kept coming out. Sometimes there will be a pause between you killing the last one and a new batch coming though.

6. Goldor

Goldor New Member

You can get to about level 46 there but around that time they stop, I think it was about 2 1/2 hours before they stopped coming. Theres an end to them though ;).

Edit: What about the halfing dagger/rapier fighter eh? I always seem to do pretty fine with one of them, maxed dex and what not ;).

7. Bendak Starkiller

Bendak Starkiller New Member

I've had this game since late 2001 and played probably 6-7 different kinds of characters ranging from neutral gunslingers, neutral swordsmen, magic swordsmen, mage, technological gunslinger, magic theif, neutral theif, etc, so cut me a break on the neutral throwing guy huh? Just wanted to play through again and get some quests I've never got before. :)

8. KNJoe

KNJoe New Member

You got a fucking problem with me, asshole?!

9. Wolfsbane

Hey, let's not go all grumpy-stile here, eh? Calm down, it's just my opinion, ignore it if you like. After all, what am I to you? A guy at the other end of the world saying that I disagree with you about a game? Grow up.

10. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

:lol: Wolfsbane, you are so silly.

11. Sofokl

Sofokl New Member

They simply do not accept one another as well-thinking creatures. I also didn't accepted Wolfsbane 2-2,5 months ago and he replied the same.

12. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I think it's more about Wolfsbane not understanding KNJoe's joke.

13. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

14. KNJoe

KNJoe New Member

Sofokl, just because I dislike Wolfsbane does not mean I must refrain from making a joke at his expense... Especially if i can make an educated guess that his intellectual capacity precludes catching on.

15. Wolfsbane

I can't help it if it was a bad joke. As far as I'm concerned, you could've meant it. I'm used to things like that. Not to bad jokes.

16. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

I've traditionally gone with a standard boring ol' gunslinger, but I might've to go back, and play with a half-ogre who's incredibly dumb, obscenely strong, and fights with his fists.

17. Mag the Bloody-handed

Mag the Bloody-handed New Member

If you're having trouble with Garrick and his guards, the pick pocketing skill is useful for planting cursed items on them or junk to weigh them down.

One thing I havent tried yet is attaching a timebomb to an npc to see the effect, or if it's possible.

Weight em down, steal their ranged ammo, give them cursed weapons and armor and then toss in a paralysis grenade followed by mustard gas.

If you wanted to go overboard you could put plastique all over the area, and then just press a button.

18. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

Where do you get Plastique from? I haven't found it before.

19. Solaris

Solaris New Member

It's a found schematic that appears at the tech shops from time to time.

I normally play a halfling gunslinger or archer if tech, and an Elf swordsman or a gnome spellcaster if magick. Might play a half-ogre blasksmith next.

20. Mag the Bloody-handed

Mag the Bloody-handed New Member

You get both the Plastique and Detonator schematics only from Gunsmiths.

Plastique: Dynamite + Electrolyte Solution

Detonator: Small Electrical Parts + Clock Parts

Our Host!