Help with damage bug..

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by toshin, Jan 12, 2006.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. toshin

toshin New Member

I am using an elf who has 16 strength when I use strength of earth it goes to 20 but the damage is buggy.

It's listed damage caps out at 24 - 24 and I cant do more then 24 damage despite using a weapon that should is dealing 15 max damage. Shouldnt I be dealing 24 - 39??

I also occurs with my half ogre. He had 21 strength which nets 22 extrad damage. Using a 2 - 9 damage sword his listed damage was 24 - 27.. shouldnt it be 24 - 31???

Is this a bug or is it suppose to be this way to nerf the melee combat? When I played versions 1.0.7.0 or previous I never had this happen. It only happened with the latest patch.

2. ville-v

ville-v New Member

3. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Perhaps it depends on who you are dealing damage to. Different monsters have different damage resistances, and what would have dealt 30 damage points to a wolf might not deal a half of that to an Ore Golem...

4. toshin

toshin New Member

I tried raising my melee skill to 5 and expert still no change. In previous versions my damage listing was correct and doesnt change despite who I fight.

Also does anyone know how much AP does it cost to fire 25 speed mechanized gun in turn based combat? I saw the main site that 18+ weapon spd is 2 ap but I remembered some really fast weapon only costing 1 ap to use.

5. Solaris

Solaris New Member

Strange.

Anything with the speed of more than 18 costs 1AP per strike/shot, I think. That includes the Mech gun, Ellumun's bow, the blade from the Isle of Despair pit and some other stuff.

Need to check it out though, it's been a while.

6. toshin

toshin New Member

Man this is so messed up.. No one else has this bug? I used several files I made before I patched the game and they worked fine.

7. KNJoe

KNJoe New Member

solaris, what blade from the isle of despair????

8. toshin

toshin New Member

9. Solaris

Solaris New Member

When you fight in the pit, loot your opponents after you kill them. One of the things you will find is an interesting sword. It has the graphics of the Balanced sword yet is technologically neutral, deals 10-15 damage and has the default speed of 15, which means de-facto speed of 20 if you're melee apprentice.

Our Host!