These hands' got blood on them.

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Dark Elf, Jul 6, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    It was awfully hot in that pocket, and he felt it as if he was all out of oxygen and reusing his carbon dioxide. As if that wasn't enough, Mr. Castleton greatly enjoyed dwarven snuff, and kept a pack of it in the same pocket as Trevor currently occupied. It smelled awful, and managed to upset even his powerful constitution. What's worse, he needed a smoke. Badly. Abstinence was killing him.
    He could hear voices from the outside, though he had great difficulties making out anything comprehensible. It suddenly struck him how unfair it was, that people were always yelling in high-pitch at small dogs and the like. Poor bastards wouldn't understand their ridiculous voices anyway. Not their fault.

However, it seemed to be easier to understand deeper, more powerful voices. So Trevor had no problem whatsoever understanding this:

"YOO TAKES US TO KADALON!!! WE GEEVZ YOO MUNNEE AND WIRKS ON DA BOWT SO WE PAYZ LES!!"

So, there's the ogre again. Great. Now everything felt much better.

Didn't it? He suddenly felt like something was tickling him, though he couldn't say exactly what it was. It was something with the... with the pocket. Like it got smaller or something. Yeah, that's right, smaller. Oh shit! He was growing, he was growing rapidly. It started off slowly, but the speed of it increased exponentially. Oh my God, here it comes, all at once, I...

RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITSCH!*

*The sound that happens when a very large man suddenly grows out of someone's pocket.

2. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

I was liking my new companions more and more. Mabye we would all die tomorrow, but I hadn't smiled this much in a long time. When Noggf explained our desire of passage tothe captain, it was allI could do not to burst out laughing. Shaking my head, I boarded the ship, following the man I didn't know.

Eien gave my cloak back, and I surveded the deck for a place to sit. Looking into the hold I saw cannon and barrels of powder amidships. Remembering my last voyage, I turned my attentions to the foredeck, and secured a place in the bow.

I had just tied my pack to a spar, when a loud ripping noise started me into turning around.

3. Baal

Baal New Member

After I boarded the ship Eien came up to me and asked for some bandages. I pulled the box out of my pack and handed it to her, “I hope this will help with that wound on your arm, if you need any thing ells let me know.â€￾

As Eien took the bandages I heard a man in the back yelling
    “What the hell is going on!!â€￾ there was a loud ripping sound then {the man} started screaming as the {tiny man} expanded out of his pocket and fell to the deck. {The man} tore off is jacket threw it to the ground and took off running and screaming towards the bow. As I took a good look at {the once tiny man} I noticed that he was the {little man} from the inn.

“Hay… you did make it out of the innâ€￾, thinking to myself Just don’t shoot me.

[OOC= Damn we really need to introduce our self’s. just wait till I haft to start talking about {The new man / The other man}]

“You never did tell me your name, I’m Merloc.â€￾

4. Bunny

Bunny New Member

When I asked Merloc for the bandages, he said, “I hope this will help with that wound on your arm, if you need any thing ells let me know.â€￾ I didn't know what to say; part of me wanted to yell, "I need you!" and the other part begged, "Leave me alone!"

"This has to stop," I thought, taking the bandages from him with one hand and clenching the other fist. Suddenly, a man shouted something and a long ripping sound followed. As if conjured, a little man feel to the deck. The man who had yelled threw his jacket to the ground and ran away as fast as he could. I ran after him, casting a glance at Merloc, who had approached the little man.

Of course, the man hadn't been able to get away, since the ship was already in motion. I caught up with him.

"Waaaaaaaaaaaah!" The man was obviously distressed. So distressed, in fact, that he wanted to jump to the water.
    "Wait, please, sir!" I said, as I took him by the arm. "Noggf! Help me, please!"

5. Dark Elf

Media:
    "Waaaaaaaaaaaah!"

It wasn’t fear. Trevor knew fear. Fear was that cold, dense feeling deep inside your guts, like a ghost clenching its bony fist around your intestines. This was different. This was panic, no, panic cubed, throbbing to his head and it wanted out! Out now!

This normally happens to people that suddenly grow out of other people’s pockets.

The water. That was it. He had to jump into the water.

That fucking pansy elf and that hot chick was trying to talk to him, but he wouldn’t listen. The water.

He was just going to jump when an enormous fist grabbed his shoulder.

OOC: Don't you worry Baal, we'll introduce ourselves later on.

6. rEt.aR.d

rEt.aR.d New Member

"Noggf! Help me, please!"

Me herd Eien showt. She was der. Den me looked der. Den me seed a man near da edge ov the bowt. He lewked ekstatick. Me rund over der veri kwiki.

"Hello, me be Noggf, why you jump in the water want to jump in da water?" Me sed as me grabbed da man by his arm. Me felt he strugild but me held on too titelee.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was a sittin' in me cabin tryin' ter catch up on some paperwork (arg, i hate paperwork) when i heard a series of the strangest sounds, first a shout, then a rip, then another shout and by gads a faint bash. Me investigative nature wouldn'ta allowed me otherwise then ter go out on the deck and hear what's the ruckus. Me grabbed me scimitar an ran out the door to come face to face with one of the strangest spectacles this old pirate has ever seen. Them rascals said they'd workin' on me ship were all standin' near the edge of me ship. Me ran over ter find out what the commotion was about when me noticed one o' them wasn't one o' them rascals that would be workin' on me ship. In fact, bless me barnacles me coulda sworn me'd never laid eyes on the soul. He was bein' held tight by the very same ogre who convinced me ter cut the price for them. Me moved over ter the human scum an' grabbed him by the collor with me left hand, never lettin' go of me sword with me right. Never get caught unprepared for a battle I always say.

"Well what have we here? Some scurvy landlubber tryin' ter slip payin' ol' Aldrin Half-Leg, hmmm? Ye be tryin' ter get a free trip ter Caladon laddy?

7. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

As I watched the unfolding drama before me, I reflected again on how odd life could get. A small man had just grown out of another man's pocket and what with the appearence of the captain, things were getting somewhat confused on deck. I briefly considered going to try to sort things out, but no one seemed to be in any danger and the sun was so soothing as it soaked into me...

There would be time on the voyage to get aquainted with everyone and I was tired and sleepy after my near-death expeience. I dropped back down in the bow, curled up against a gunnel, and was soon dozing peacefully.

8. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

I had no idea how long I'd been walking. I didn't tire, I didn't get thirsty nor hungry. I felt better than ever.

Suddenly I noticed a dark spot in the horizon. After a while, I found myself in front of some sort of pit. There was a ladder leading down.

9. Baal

Baal New Member

"Noggf! Help me, please!" I ran to the bow of the boat and peeked my head around the corner to see what was happening. Eien was trying to restrain the man that had just run up there.

I started to think, I’m not very good at calming people down. What am I suppose to do about this guy. I walked over, he was still struggling against Eien. Grabbing his shoulder “It’s ok sir, just calm downâ€￾.

10. Dark Elf

Media:
    He felt something gripping his arm extremely hard, as if though someone wanted to see if they could, through sheer physical power, transform a man's extremities into minced meat, and nearing success to boot. The resoluteness of this act made him calm down and see things clearly. Right. So he was on the boat to Caladon. The ogre was there, so was the pansy-pants elf and that hot chick. So it was vampire stomping eh? Well, if that was the case he wasn't the one to back off.

With his free arm, he reached for his pocket and tucked a wrinkled old cigar butt between his teeth. He then proceeded to produce a match, lit it to the coarse arm of the ogre, set the cigar alight and said while his face disappeared in a white cloud of smoke:

"How are we all?"

11. Bunny

Bunny New Member

"How are we all?" the man said relaxedly.

He's freaked the hell out of us and he just said, "How are we all?"

I extended my right arm and slapped him sonorously, to the amusement of many. I turned around, furious, only to find Den sleeping comfortably.

I walked back to the deck, breathing in and out deeply. I sat on a barrel and looked out to the sea. The deep blue sea. Where was the devil, then? I cast a glance over my shoulder, but I was alone, alone... Alone, but there was someone behind me, someone or something, I had the feeling that there were eyes on my back, because something was watching me or watching over me, but I didn't like the feeling, no, because my master had told me he would leave me alone so that I could fulfil my final mission, and that way I would learn to live as a... As a...

I frowned. "As a what?" I wondered, as a drop of blood fell from my left nostril.

12. Baal

Baal New Member

Now that the man was calmed down I could sit by the rail in peace. I found a place to stand, looking down I saw the man from the ally resting on the deck. As I looked back out to sea I started thinking, I head out on a simple assassination mission and now I’ve been attacked by vampires, a strange shadow, a shit load of rats, not to mention I’m wanted for burning down an inn, and how am I going to get paid now I’m on a ship heading to the wrong side of the continent. But this adventure seems to intrigue me, what strange thing or place am I going to encounter next.

I watched Eien from the corner of my eye, she seemed to be lost in thought about something. What could she be thinking about? I walked over to where she was sitting and sat back against the railing “This is turning out to be quite the adventure isn’t it, what do you think we’ll find in Caladon?â€￾

[OOC=] Well… this is a sudden change in pace. From every one trying to jump ship to every one relaxing at the rail enjoying the view.

Where probably going be on this boat for about a Week in story time, so I guess we should all settle in.

I think my fingers started to wander on this post, again. [/OOC]

13. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

[OOC]To remind you all where i was:[/OOC]
    I could see a bolt of cloth in the pit. It seemed as though there were some stash lying under it. The only inhabitants of the pit was a few spiders. Most likely venomous. I climbed down.

I easily took care of the spiders, but as I inspected the cloth and the rubble beneath it, i heard a sound behind me. I turned around to find the creature I had fought with earlier calmly climbing down the ladder, and when it reached the bottom, it broke the ladder up into pieces. We stood still for a few moments before we started circling around eachother, they way I’d seen some of the boys back home do when they trained. The creature leapt at me from the other side of the pit. It took only a fraction of a second to reach me, but it took me less to jump out of harms way. We circled again. The next time it attacked, I was prepared. I blocked his first punch and we stood there sparring for a few seconds. Then I leapt and rolled, and as i stood up, I found myself behind it. I bit his neck as hard as I could. But what poured into my mouth was not blood. It was ash.

I quickly withdrew, and coffed and spat all the ash out. The creature took advantage of my momentary weakness. It slammed into me, knocking me into the wall behind me. However, I quickly regained control and as he sent a kick towards my chest, I grabbed it and sent him face first into the wall. I followed with a kick to his back, and I heard his spine fracture. He lay still for a few moments before he slowly stood up and vanished in smoke. I sat down for a while, confused. I remembered the broken ladder and got a little scared for a second, before I simply jumped out and continued my journey.

14. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Protected by the Shadows, he watched her, walking hour after hour, tirelessly, fighting an occasional ailing wolf, treading on the poppy flowers on her way. She didn't do it on purpose, she just didn't notice they were there.

He knew what was on her mind: she was missing her master. Evidently, she was just an initiate. He wondered whether she was worth his being there. He had other plans to attend to. But still...

Deep down inside, he knew that there was some truth in what the Mother had told him. He was there because this girl was connected to Eien in some way, although he couldn't put his finger on how they were connected. One thing was sure: if Eien's mind was set on this girl, he'd better make sure that he drew her to his side first.

It was already nighttime when she found herself in front of a pit. A ladder led the way down. A few raindrops started falling. She seemed to toy with the idea of climbing down, and she eventually did.

He snapped his fingers and conjured up a cindromunculus, one very similar to that one he'd sent after her before.
    "What will you do now?" he muttered to himself, moving closer to have a better view of the spectacle.

And suddenly he felt that tingling sensation on his back. Just as if someone was watching
    him. It made him uneasy. It was impossible, for he was invisible. But why, then, why did he feel this way?

Raindrops kept falling on him, touching him gently, not soaking him completely... But these drops weren't normal ones. There was something in the way they traced lines on his body, as if each of them had a will of their own. He frowned,
    "Thinking water?"

He heard a noise behind him. He turned around only to see that the girl had come out of the pit. That meant his cindromunculus had been defeated. That made the girl even more interesting.

[OOC=I've just remembered why I didn't post for many days. I'd written this part, but IE froze and I lost it. I got pissed off after that.]

15. Baal

Baal New Member

I start talking to Eien and I noticed she seemed to be in some kind of trance,

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

{Post two}

[OCC= just for reference, I think it’s the middle of the night right now. Since it was getting dark a while before we left.]

As I stood next to Eien waiting for her to answer I turned my eyes out to sea. I could see the moon almost full in the sky covered by a thin layer of clouds. It was a calm night, the moon shining off the water as if it was an endless plane of rippling black glass. The air was cold but I liked it that way, for the moment it seemed to be the perfect night.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

{Post one}

[OCC= here we go, this boat ride has been boring so far lets spice thing up a bit. I thought someone would do this sooner or later, so I decided it might as well be me and now.]

I got a chilling feeling as if an ice cold wind was blowing from the stern of the ship, but the masts where still there didn’t seem to be a breeze. I nudged Eien trying to get her attention but she came closer to falling over than waking up. This feeling couldn’t be good. As I walked down the port side of the ship I saw one of the ship hands looking staring at a ship in the distance [OCC= Got distracted by TV, lost train of thought. Haft to make new post]

“Egad mates, there’s pirates comin up from the stern!â€￾

My eyes got wide as I tried to decide which one freaked me out more, the pirates or the way that man talks. After spotting the ship my self “In the Distance my ass, there almost in cannon rangeâ€￾

[OCC= I have now idea what to use, pick one or use both in sequence, it up to whoever post’s next.]

16. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

I couldn't feel my body, couldn't see, couldn't hear anything. I just felt pressure, as if I was in a room that was getting smaller. Abruptly I was standing in a circular room with one door. The door was pitch black except for a large red "10" glowing in the middle. A sudden wind rose behind me and started pushing me towards the door. I desperatly tried to resist but was inexorably pushed closer. A great gust picked me up and slammed me into the door. I went numb as I felt myself falling into cold water. I thrashed around, trying to claw my way to the surface...

I sat up and hit my head on the gunnel, sending pain lancing through my head. I muffled a curse and rubbed the tender spot while rubbing sleep out of my eyes. I became aware of shouting and commotion about me and rose to asess the situation. By the moonlight I saw sailors running around the deack, wheeling out cannon, and another ship bearing down behing us, flying a black flag.

Pirates! I thought with a grin. Pushing my dreams from me, I untied my rifle from my pack and screwed on the scope.

I looped a bandolier of ammunition across my cheast and started climbing the rigging, headed for the crow's nest.

17. Bunny

Bunny New Member

[OOC=Baal, dear, could you please reduce those lines? They're killing me in my 800x600 screen. Thank you.]

I was aware that my eyes were open, but instead of seeing the sea, a completely different landscape appeared in front of me.

A plain. An isolated plain. A wandering figure. Darkness.

I narrowed my eyes, trying hard to see the figure. A woman, for the way she walked. My heart skipped a beat. Was that...?

I knew it was her, the girl who had been at the Panarii temple, but somehow she felt... changed. I had been feeling this loneliness for the last few minutes because she was feeling somewhat lost. But why was I thinking of her?

I had to get close to her. How was the question. If only I could use some water... The dark sky, iron-gray, hovered over them. Them? Oh yes, there was another figure, I was sure of that. Invisible and yet, perceivable. Baihl Gwrha’l. My heart pounded hard inside my chest. If only I had a way to get to them, to warn her against him.

Somewhere in the distance, I heard Merloc's voice, saying something that sounded like,
    “This is turning out to be quite the adventure isn’t it, what do you think we’ll find in Caladon?â€￾ but I couldn't answer, my mind set on the others and into that sky. The iron-gray sky...

And then I knew how to get to them. It would be pushing too far once more, pushing too far for the second time in two days. Would I be able to handle it? I had never thought it was going to end so soon.

I had to do it now. I focused on the figure of Baihl Gwrha’l and chanted in my mind the prayer I had read a long time ago in the ancient scriptures, "Retoh hetna kyshet stehr cesrey lahevar, hayn sih retoh sahuy hatnim tehl... Retoh---" A sharp pain passed through me, it felt as if my body was being ripped apart into a thousand pieces. I could barely hear Merloc, who had started talking to me; he nudged me, but my body wouldn't respond.

I was far, far away from the ship, a part of me had merged with the rain and I was falling, falling on top of this man I'd known so long ago. He looked up, aware that there was something beyond the rain. I traced paths on his body, soaking him, trying to get into his mind, and I caught a glimpse of a figure... A veiled figure...

The Mother.

I moved over to the other figure, a beautiful girl, a half-elf, but there was something about her, something odd... I moved around and about her and I saw them. The marks in her neck. She had been bitten. And there was no way she could have escaped unspoilt from that. I called what I believed was her name, "Azri..." but I couldn't keep up the connection. The sharp pain returned, sharper than ever, and a voice cried out,
    “Egad mates, there’s pirates comin up from the stern!â€￾

I screamed and grabbed my head. I lost balance and I fell to the floor. A part of me wondered, "Pirates?" but I was quickly overwhelmed by the pain on my scalp, just as if an invisible hand was pulling my hair with all their might. The sound of a cannon was heard, and it shook the ship, throwing me against some crates. The one on the top fell on me, knocking me unconscious.

[OOC=There. I didn't have a real effect on the story, but if I didn't do this, I wasn't going to be able to move on.]

18. rEt.aR.d

rEt.aR.d New Member

“Egad mates, there’s pirates comin up from the stern!â€￾ me heard a man on da sheep showt.

"Pierat? Wat be dat?" me mumbild too meselfs.

Me suddinly notissed dat everywun was runneeng arownd. Da kaptin wooshed past me. Aftir just passing me he stopd just passing me and he stopt. He tirnsd arownd kwikly and sed too me:

"C'mon ye landlubber. Don't ye be sittin' ther like a good fer nuthin. Grab yer sword laddy, a battle lies ahead.

Me den grabed me sored, but me notissed me no got no sord so me grabd my klub too bash fings wif. If der wuz wun fing me new how too doo it was how too bash tings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All the paperwork was making me crazy.

"Arr, the penalties of bein a law abidin citizen" I said to meself.

“Egad mates, there’s pirates comin up from the stern!â€￾ I heard one of the crew call. Pirates! I immediately dropped me quill leaving a blotch of ink on the table. I didn't care for It much as I jumped bolt-upright and in a swift action drew my scimitar. I rammed the door open and ran outside.

"What's this all about?" me asked me first mate Charley.

"Pirates captain, over there!" he pointed into the fog. I could see the ghostly image of a pirate ship. Me quickly rushed to prepare fer the battle. In me rush me ran right past the ogre again. It took me a moment to notice that the poor oaf was sittin there and clearly didn't have a clue what was going on. Me decided to inform him, after all, he would surely come in handy be there need to resort to melee combat.

Me ran to the a place where everyone on the ship could hear me and began barking out orders.

"Ready the cannons!"

Me heard the sounds of commotion as the gunpowder was bein loaded into the cannons. Next came the sound of the heavy cannon balls being loaded, and then... *BANG!!!!*.

Damn those pirates to hell! They fired the first blast. Me dead heart froze cold as me heard the whistling of the approaching doom...

[OOC = New color, the old one didn't display so well on the red]

19. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

I heard the report an approaching whistle all in an instant, and then a cannon ball tore through the rigging just below me, missing the main mast by a hair. I was battered around by the wind as it decided to play with the now-unattached ropes. Slowly I hauled myself upwards, ignoring the yells and shriek of the wind. I heard our cannons respond as I reached the crow's nest, and answering shots from the other ship. I braced myself against the mast and sighted on the prow of the ship bearing down on us. It was a guilded figure of a woman, clutching two daggers with a cloth across her eyes. I took the time to focus my scope, and, drawing a bead on her throat and waiting until the ship paused at the top of a wave, fired.

The figuerhead caught it in the arm.

Two feet down and to the left, I thought, and ajusted my sight.

20. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

At last I reached Tarant. I was delighted to see the city again after an awfully boring walk through what must have been some part of the Morbihan plains. Ah, civilisation. As i walked towards the first humans I’d seen in what seemed like ages, I pulled the hood of my cloak further down in front of my face. To hide it both from people and the intense sunlight. I always found it funny how black is the colour most often associated with vampires. I wouldn’t even imagine what that’d been like in this heat. No, I had covered myself in white, which probably made me look like some sort of priest.

Drayne had told me to seek out madam Tussaude* if I wanted to know where my friends were, so that’s where I headed. It was a small dark room, and that was it. I’d call it a shack if it hadn’t been made of bricks. It took only a few moments before she spoke:

”My, my. Aren’t you an interesting one?”

I didn’t have time to say anything before she started again.

”I know why you’re here, child. And since you are the Childe of your master, I’ll provide my services for free. Just take a seat, I’ll be finished in a moment.”

She told me that they had left for Caladon, but that telling me more would be dangerous to the health of both of us.

I didn’t bother going anywhere else. I used all of my money buying a more luxurious lugar at the next ship headed for Caladon.

[OOC]*Or however you spell it.[/OOC]

Our Host!