Arcanum Editor 1.8 Opinions needed on possible addition.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DKoepp, Sep 25, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

Rojo I have actually been trying to learn it by doing things like you suggested. Though I noticed almost different values in the games for money which is slowing it down as I am trying to pick the two saves aparting looking for some common value that is the same for both saves.

2. Rojo

Rojo New Member

Hmm..

Money shouldn't really be a big deal, since you can actually edit the money you recieve at the beginning...just have to use the undat. The lazy ones may not like that. :razz:
    (This coming from a guy that made a buildable Einstein character that threw atomic grenades in C&C Red Alert)

The more I think about it, the more impossible it seems to be able to reliably edit inventory...considering that the save game would save inventory for each character in your group (and anywhere around you). Hmm...where's my hex editor...I'm going to start screwing around with the saves, hopefully see something that may help you out a bit.

3. Etalis Craftlord

Etalis Craftlord New Member

does the same old Fallout secret of copying an area from one saved game into another and doubling the items in that area still work (by putting it down in one, then copying the area file into a save where you didn't put it down)?

I, personally, would just like a cheat that allows progression over level 50, even if it takes 99999 points to get to.

The other editing stuff I can do without.

How about Blessings? Could you make a cheat to edit your own blessings and curses?

4. devilboy_22

devilboy_22 New Member

k Doekepp... i will send ya a copy as soon as i can, but i got my friend to send me my old save file of My Halfling Mage/Theif and my dorf Techno so im set for the moment.. havent tried them out on the editor.. im at school now anyways.

J.D.

5. Rojo

Rojo New Member

Level hack

Etalis (unless you have already seen this by now) check the news on Terra-arcanum...there already is a level hack that goes to 100. Its a modified .exe

6. Ariakas

Ariakas New Member

RE : Arcanum Editor 1.8 Opinions needed on possible addition

Hi, I think your editor is great. But, is there a way for you to change your editor to look in the datarules directory for changed mes files, like background.mes and effect.mes that have changed the characters starting attributes?

7. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

Ariakas you are asking for custom background support eh. Well I could look into it but first I will need some saves with custom backgrounds to see if I can figure out what value custom backgrounds are given when they are saved.

8. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I would opt mostly for item and background editor but as it is hell of a job I can live w/o it. However I'd like to see all of the followers.

DKoepp I can send you savedgame with Franklin Pane at lvl37 (that's two levels advancement after I met him). Just give me your email.

9. Rojo

Rojo New Member

would it not be possible for the editor to look in the data/rules directory for custom background.mes and effect.mes files?

10. Xtzchild

Xtzchild New Member

MOds I Say MODS!

i am intresting in developing a big mod?
    can you reffer me to some source?
    or some one i can join?

11. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

12. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

Dragoon you can send that file to this email account. It is the one DKoepp913@aol.com I use this one for all my Arcanum editor related mail.

13. Leto Atreides II

Leto Atreides II New Member

Great editor, DKoepp. Used it a whole lot in my game, mostly to correct/compensate for a lot of what I found wrong or annoying with the game.

Now, I'd be satisfied just seeing Sebastian and Franklin Payne in the next version. I read in the readme file that you needed saves with these two NPC's. Do you still need them?

Also, you might want to add the ability to edit XP (for those who want to decrease their level to allow followers to level up after they hit the level cap of 50 or 100). I've done it many times already with a hex editor. To calculate XP, you need to take the "XP to level up" value that you can find in your game, and subtract this from the XP needed to be the next level in xplevel.mes (I think that's what it was called).

14. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Just sent that email. Or just sending should I say. In some 10min it'll be over :smile:

Happy mail downloading Dkoepp :smile:

Oh and I forgot to write it last time. Thanks for the great editor. It was really helpful in getting followers to the same level I was.

15. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

Bloody email server.

It suddenly disconnected when upload was almost complete. Damn, the whole connection speed is going down so I'll try tomorrow morning.

16. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

Ok I will look for the file tomorrow then. Thanks for the notice.

17. friend_al_23

friend_al_23 New Member

18. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I decided to send 2 emails cause the files are nearly 4MB together and it might be the reason why my email server couldn't process this.

19. Dragoon

Dragoon New Member

I'm sorry DKoepp but when I tried today it crashed again. I'll try again tomorrow or on Monday. I'm afraid these files (esp the 3,3MB one) are just too big for my mail server to process.

20. DKoepp

DKoepp New Member

Dragoon I understand. If I don't get the files thanks anyway for trying.

Our Host!