New London Bombing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Jul 21, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Yes. They've got a civilian in charge who's a woman with quite a nice rack if'n I so say so myself.

Oh yeah, usual guns 'n stuff type dealio too. Some interesting twists in that one of the off-world "neighbours" they've met is developing along the usual Earth technology lines and there was a bit of a tiff and the Atlantis guys pissed 'em off and now they're spying and what-not on Atlantis.

All the aliens speak English too. Which has never been explained. :/ At least in SG-1 you had some of Teal'cs stuff in his language but here, she's all American. Definately a nice substitute for SG-1 when SG-1 isn't on (we don't get them at the same time over here).

Baal: In answer to your question, pretty sure we had what was going to be the last SG-1 episode - the time thing going back to ancient Egypt, messing up the timeline and having to go back and fix it themselves. Season 9 I think is next - which is to be the last given MacGuyver wants out I think.

Oh yeah, London Bombings. Heard they shot the wrong the guy. 5 times. In the head. At close range. Heard he was a Brazilian or something. Damn Brazilians - we'll have to carpet bomb them next. They can be part of an "Evil Quartet".

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Please correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't Buddhism teach stuff like reincarnation, the absence of a soul and no self etc etc... might just be a little bit hard to blend with these concepts with the doctrines of the Abrahamic religions.

Again, I don't know very much about Buddhism... I hear it's a wee bit complicated.

3. Baal

Baal New Member

On the topic of religions, I have always found one part of the story of Adam and Eve to be just too ironic. The fact that the forbidden fruit that brought sin to the world was said to be an apple, the fruit of knowledge.

In the terms of Arcanum we have a lot of intelligence and very little wisdom, with what I have seen nature lives in balance and humans are the only creature that upsets that balance. And as a creature that upset that balance could it not be said that the world was created by god and humans where put here by the devil to destroy all he created? Hence we are evil and created in the devil’s image. Wait the devil is god’s son so he is in god’s image, so we are of god because the devil is. Hmmm… now the thing of we where made in gods image makes sense, we aren’t his children, where his grand children.

This is why I’m not religious, I think too much. Plus I see that no good has ever come to this world from the race of humans only death and destruction, And I seen no good coming from us in the future only further destruction of the balance. But hay I’m a member of a race that just buy how we are will some time in the future destroy this planet unless something drastic happens, so who cares lets make a mess and party.

And what I mean by “will some time in the future destroy this planet unless something drastic happensâ€￾ is I see us moving to the stares (providing it doesn’t happen before then) and in a couple hundred years, one of the still separated nation will declare war over the home of man kind, and in this conflict some one will have the idea of “if I cant have it, no one willâ€￾ and BOOM!!

4. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

A lot could be said couldn't it? You assumed one thing, that we were the Devils children and used it to point out flaws. Congratulations.

The Devil was an angel and was *not* made in God's image. Humans are the only ones with that honour. Read the Bible. It kind of stops you making up bullshit along the way.
    You're not religious because you CHOOSE not to be. I know I know smarter and wiser people than you who'd call themselves religious. I could even dig up a few physics professors from Oxford university that are religious.
    You see no good? Others do. I don't see any good either. I never saw any potential but others do. I'm no more right than they are.
    The Bible also has you at the whole Armageddon thing but the Bible calls it Judgement Day, whether instigated by God through humans or otherwise.
    Read the Bible if you really want an informed opinion.

Dark Elf, I'm not sure about core Buddhism but Zen-Buddhism is really more of a philosophy than a religion. Zen-Buddhism is the one that has had Christian Zen Masters etc. It is accepting of other religions.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zen_buddhism
    Man, Wikipedia is like...one...giant...knowledge space...

5. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Yeah, that's what I meant. And what I know about drug dealers has to do with what I know about my father's brother. So I know a little bit more than nothing, stil I didn't mean to claim that I hold the Truth about this subject, I know that I'm stupidly naive, so thanks for giving your opinion.

I didn't mean it in a positive way; personally, I think that Oliver Cromwell was a dangerous fanatic who ended up screwing it just like Charles I had done before. Religion was, at the time, a much more powerful weapon than the army, believe it or not. Cromwell's persecution of other religions and his own isolation from the Parliament made him a tyrant. As regards the causes of the Civil War, well, Whigs, Marxists (yeah, Marxists), revisionists and post-revisionists state different reasons.

I guess that we can't really talk about religion and refer to all religions at the same time. That's why there's so much choice.

The Bible doesn't say that the apple is the forbidden fruit. The apple is a paganic symbol and a medieval addition to the interpretation of the Bible. Just like figs represent the testicles and peaches and pears represent the female breasts, the apple represents the female genitalia when cut longitudinally (When cut tranversally you get the Pentangle, also associated with witchcraft.)

I'm not really sure about that, Baal. I guess that's in the eye of the beholder. We've got formidable achievements, you just got to pick the connotation you want for that word.

6. Neo

Neo New Member

The forbidden fruit was acctually a "Quince" and became an apple because noone knows what a quince is.

However, the fruit in general In my opinion if just a metaphor.

In the bible the serpent told eve that god didnt want her to eat the fruit, because it would make her like god, give her the "wisdom" he had, and there for it was forbidden because god didnt want her to know this knowlage.

Lucifer never lies, it isnt within his grasp, however he can construe the truth in ways that work in a decieving manner.

In my opinion, the fruit was the act of sex, not a fruit.

think of everything that happened and what was said.

"if you eat the fruit, you will be like god"

To eat the fruit (have sex) was the act of creating life. just like the almighty, no lie there, but not what she expected.

Since she "ate" the fruit, and talked adam into "eating" as well, god was angry. what did god do?

He took away the paradise made just for them.
    He took away ever lasting life, because if they created life, there must be DEATH!

they also had children, right after this happened....
    Eve had to bare these children, one of her "punishments".

the bible is full of metephors, probably there for the simple, undeveloped brain of man to understand these lesson and grasp them in some way.

I'm sure if the bible was full of physics, laws of gravatation, anatomy, and so forth, noone would have understood a word, or even cared to spread this knowlage to their fellow man.

just food for thought, and one persons opinion, but the bible is ment to be interpreted by the reader.

in my opinion science and relegion are alot closer related than most "hardcore" believers in either subject care to admit, or even look for.

-Neo

P.S. sorry for any typos i might have made, im in a real rush to post and be off. :)

7. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

The above extract is from: The Bible and other Fairy Tales.

8. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Does The Holy Book say that? Where?

Wait... Is this something like: I'm not lying, I'm just... not telling the truth / not telling you everything / modifying the real thing?

Are you trying to say that Adam and Eve had oral sex and God said, "oh, man, look at them, I made them and there they are, eating each other! And I'm up here all alone! Fuck the bastards!" and that's why we're here?

:thumbup:

9. Neo

Neo New Member

look in the old testiments if you can read hebrew, anyways, gotta love the discovery channel for fun fact, like the one about the quince (which they said was similar to a fig) ;)

and i guess nobody even bothered to read what i was saying, even if it was writen in a rush.
    it had nothing to do with oral sex, the whole thing in my eyes was a metaphor for SEX.

yea, lucifer never lies, he tells the truth "you will be like God" but in a way she wasnt expecting "creating a life(LIKE God) through sex(The forbiden fruit)"
    read the story fully and see if you understand what im saying....

anyways, rather than getting in some pointless debate about this, when it was just supposed to be a simply stated opinion...

I'll shut up right....about....now.

-Neo

10. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

Interesting ideas but it can work another way. One could say humans were never meant for knowledge and look what happens when we use our knowledge, we get destruction of natural order.
    If humans were made with the know how to have sex God would be over flowing with children after the eighth night of the world. We're just that horny and lets face it, it's called paradise for a reason.

Also, I don't think it's reasonable to assume that the Bible contained physics or anatomy or anything scientific. Those things are not required for faith and the writers of the Bible are not really different from it's older editors, who would have, as you suggested, not bothered to pass it on. It's a bit of wishful imagination I think

11. Baal

Baal New Member

Yes… think of what you just said, god told Adam and Eve not to procreate the species. That mean this world was meant for only two humans witch would have not upset the balance.

And there is even the chance that they would have died of old age and man kind would have been removed from the plan entirely if not for the devil.

12. Dark Elf

Media:
    I thought aging and thus death entered the world with sin. Don't think Big G would had completely wiped out something he created in his own image.

13. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Neo, darling, I was just kidding :p I read what you wrote, but I just wanted to mess with it.

"One can say humans were never meant for knowledge." That's interesting, SD. I believe there are some concepts that refer to that, those of right reasoning / knowledge and wrong reasoning / knowledge. Right knowledge refers to the knowledge of God, whereas Wrong knowledge refers to the knowledge of the Self. It also represents the conflict between Religion (God) and Science (Self). Satan leads people into the path of wrong knowledge or discovery of the self. Are shrinks hell creatures? Most of them :p

The thing's that Adam and Eve were not supposed to get horny, because lust is a sin, but procreation is not, so how on earth were they to multiply themselves without having sex? Sex without lust is the key to paradise...
    (That's what they say...)

Yes, DE, you're kinda right, actually the result of Eve's and Adam's disobedience is decay, not death. But anyway, both of them died of old age, according to the Bible.

14. Baal

Baal New Member

Well they obviously had a butt lode of kids before they died.

15. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Well... Their sons had to procreate too... That's why they also had daughters...
    (yeah, it's sick, ain't it?)

16. Dark Elf

Media:
    And then there was the flood and there was only eight people left so there could be family fun yet again!

17. Bunny

Bunny New Member

*shudders*
    And then we wonder why our minds are so wicked...

18. Baal

Baal New Member

At the beginning of time there was only inbreeding. After many years they became apes, evolving to become faster and stronger. Then Google was created and they for once sat back and stared in wonder till there bodies withered there hair fell off and there brains became more powerful from absorbing the source of all knowledge. And they became modern man.

Behold the truth behind it all.

19. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Can we call God Google, now? "For the love of Google!" or "For Google's sake!"... Or even better, "Oh my Google!"

20. Dark Elf

Media:
Our Host!