New London Bombing?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dark Elf, Jul 21, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
  2. Nukenin

Nukenin New Member

Looks like either an attempt to copy or continue the attacks of two weeks ago. Thankfully, those responsible failed, and at last I saw, no one even needed hospitalization.

Hopefully the police and other investigators are able to compile evidence that leads them to the instigators, or in the case of aborted suicide attacks, the people that brainwashed the instigators into believing that this sort of nonsense would be their ticket to Paradise.

The only way to really combat attacks like these is to target those people who preach this sort of fanatical martyrdom as an easy ride to Paradise.

I prefer my enemies believing they have something to lose.

3. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Today's attack was a forget-me-not. They've already anticipated that the rest of Europe will suffer more bloody attacks.
    Killing innocent people is not the right eye-opener, but still...

4. Nukenin

Nukenin New Member

Since the paradise promised to the typical (male) suicide bomber includes lots of copulation with nubile young females*, perhaps the US should temporarily lift any bans of human cloning, clone a bunch of sexpots, and offer endless sex in a Paradise on Earth as an alternative to martyrdom.

I don't know what constitutes the paradise offered to the typical female suicide bomber. Maybe being regarded and treated as an equal?

Anyway, those that do "die for their cause" and kill innocents in the process, well, if their religion is indeed the One True Religion, then it ain't gonna be Paradise they're headed to on The Other Side.

*actually this was the Paradise promised to the Assassins of the Assassin cult several centuries back, but I'm assuming that many of today's suicidal lads are being enticed with similar fantasies--after all, sex does sell, wherever you are.

5. Bunny

Bunny New Member

The problem with religions is that they're like certain constitutions, what's not explicit there is taken for granted by the states. Well, that's the "problem", if you want it that way; religious interpretation is in the eye of the beholder, so if someone wants to believe they're getting a square mile of paradise by killing innocent people, they'll keep on believing in that, because that's what they choose. I like to think that there is no such thing as One True Religion.
    And yet we all know this is not about religion...

6. Nukenin

Nukenin New Member

I was reading a recent article in Time magazine (well, on their website) talking about the Assassin cult--before they were sent out on their (equally suicidal) missions, they were drugged to sleep. When they awoke, they were in a garden filled with nubile young women tending to their every need in every imaginable way. They were then drugged to sleep again. When they woke this time, they were told that they'd just had a taste of the Paradise that awaited them. Now let's go out and kill some innocents! (Well, okay, they had more purposeful targets, but surely some were innocent as we'd perceive it today.)

I dare say the puppetmasters are not religious types--they're just cruelly exploiting Islam and some vulnerable/hysterical folk to their own sadistic ends.

7. Canis

Canis New Member

That depends entirely on your point of view.

8. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    The Whacky Adventures of GT334 & GT367 + Their affable friend, Generic Background Guy! - Coming soon to a Television near you.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking GT367? I think so GT334!

GT's in orange suits are coming down the stairs,
    GT's in orange suits are coming down in pairs,
    GT's in orange suits are chasing terrorists,
    'Cause on Tuesdays they all try to catch them unawares!

What really pisses me off though? Those son of a bitches interrupted Stargate. First, instead of starting on time, it starts 45 minutes late - so I'm hurridely re-setting the tape so I can get it all - then, I wake up in the morning and find that 20 minutes after they started, they decided that "Gee Whillickers, guess we'll stay on this news coverage of an event which wasn't an event after all" and cut right into it.

Terrorist cunts.

I personally look forward to the next round of news network ads. "Only on our channel will you see all the bombs and explosions as they happen! Our news team hunt down bombs and explosions and deliver it right to your door! STAY THE FUCK TUNED TO US OR ELSE!

9. Baal

Baal New Member

Hay DU so you’re a Stargate fan too. Was it SG-1 or Atlantis?

Now you see my point of view. Religion is just a way of controlling people to act in a certain way. Like Santa for kids “behave kids and Santa will give you presentsâ€￾ for adults “do what I say and you will get to go to some paradise when you dieâ€￾ it is all just a way of controlling people threw fear, weather it is the fear of not getting toys for Christmas or that they will go to hell when they die. It all changes depending on the person.

10. Bunny

Bunny New Member

It's just like drug dealers. They don't do the drugs they sell because they know that's shit.
    Yes, it is, in fact, that's how they've been controlling us for thousands of years. And it is a very powerful organization; think about Oliver Cromwell in England and what he achieved for being a fanatic.

11. Nukenin

Nukenin New Member

One of my favourite religions is the Church of Jesus Christ Computer Programmer.

That's from the Paranoia RPG--if someone could ever do a proper Paranoia CRPG, it'd be awesome, though honestly, it's probably the only game that'd be better as a multiplayer RPG or MMORPG, and only if every single player had a sense of humour.

The closest we've seen in spirit has been the Fallout series. Paranoia also takes place in a post-apocalyptic setting. Usually the players are cloned citizens in a vast underground vault, serving the Computer as troubleshooters trying to rout out traitors and Commies. Every player's character is also a member of a secret society (the Church of Jesus Christ Computer Programmer I believe was one such secret society--what Paranoia stuff I have is in storage at my parents', and I'm too lazy to check on the web).

The gimmick is of course that belonging to a secret society is treason, and thus all the player characters are traitors. Some of them might even be Commies.

When a player's character died (note "when", not "if"), he generally had about five more clones to go through of that same character. Actually running a Paranoia campaign was an oddity, since characters rarely survived past one adventure. In fact, characters often didn't survive past an attempt to visit R&D for equipment requisitions. (More oft than not, the R&D sector didn't survive such a visit.)

Ah well, as usual, I digress...

My favourite real religion is Buddhism--upon reflection, perhaps Zen Buddhism. Perhaps an anti-religion.

12. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Zen Buddhism is an anti-religion in the sense that it's not exclusive. You can be a Catholic and be a Buddhist, you can be a Jew and be a Buddhist. It's also a very healthy lifestyle.

13. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Atlantis. SG-1 hasn't started it's ninth season over here yet.

I'll blame that on the terrorists too. Those fucking cunts. You'd think carpet-bombing their country would be enough but nooooo...

14. Baal

Baal New Member

Who where they fighting in the eight season, they have they met the Replicateors right?

Just wait till they start showing Atlantis over there, it’s almost better than the first one.

I think it’s on the second or third season of Atlantis here in California. Its kina weird having two series following side by side now.

15. Nukenin

Nukenin New Member

I tried to follow SG-1 religiously when it first premiered on Showtime, but my viewing faltered and I've not really watched it at all since it moved to Sci Fi. Which is a shame, I remember enjoying it.

So Atlantis is pretty good as well?

16. Neo

Neo New Member

Totally off subject, but where about in cali do you live Baal?
    I'm in southern Cali, San Bernardino to be exact. :)

-Neo

17. Bunny

Bunny New Member

You just gotta love California names...
    What about the girls? Is the song right about how good they are?

18. Baal

Baal New Member

Truth is I’m not totally shore what song you’re referring too. Plus I’ve lived here all my life, and haven’t visited many other places. So I wouldn’t know if the girls are “nicerâ€￾ here.

I live in nice sunny San Diego… I hate the sun, it’s hot all year round. And rain we have almost as many fires as we have rain clouds. It was even worth a small front page article saying “what’s that falling from the sky, don’t worry everybody it just rain.â€￾

I want to move to northern California I hear it is nice there. Some cold, some heat, not just one endless heat wave.

San Diego it’s da flames.

19. Neo

Neo New Member

True True, i live in SoCal too, hot as HELL right now, im MELTING!

I think she was reffering to the song "California Girls" by the BeachBoys:

"Well East coast girls are hip
    I really dig those styles they wear
    And the Southern girls with the way they talk
    They knock me out when I'm down there

The Mid-West farmer's daughters really make you feel alright
    And the Northern girls with the way they kiss
    They keep their boyfriends warm at night

The West coast has the sunshine
    And the girls all get so tanned
    I dig a french bikini on Hawaii island
    Dolls by a palm tree in the sand

I been all around this great big world
    And I seen all kinds of girls
    Yeah, but I couldn't wait to get back in the states
    Back to the cutest girls in the world

I wish they all could be California
    I wish they all could be California
    I wish they all could be California girls"

anyways, that song was writen in the 50's, nowadays its mostly crack-heads and wannabe thug hoes and such.

i think thats about everywhere tho =/

-Neo

20. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

I dare say you're wrong. Puppet masters my arse. There isn't some conspiracy. Just because someone doesn't hold the same ideals as you doesn't mean they are trying to convince others help them achieve their 'sadistic' ends. They could honestly believe this stuff. It's easier to believe that they believe what they are saying than they are smart enough to actually have sadistic ends.

You don't seem like the drug dealing type to me but of course some drug dealers will take their own drugs. They might make sure it's higher quality and not mixed with other shit first. There are people who believe differently to you, that drugs are not bad or at least not that bad or even good. Like me, some illicit drugs in moderation I have no problem with, though personally I limit myself.

Buddhism never really controlled anyone. Of course the Catholic Church did but then we had the Reformation and Luther etc. Religion can only restrict us if we want it to or let it do it. People do have control over their own bodies. Religion is not about brainwashing or controlling people at all. Religion for adults is a little more complicated than simple Santa for kids who have not mentally matured. Religion is about faith. Lots of things are when it comes down to it. Religion makes some peoples' lives worth living however worthless they themselves are.

Good ol' Ollie Cromwell achieved because he won a battle. Civil war in England started because the King, Charles I think dissolved the Parliaments. You could say he was fighting for what he though were his democratic rights or just his rights religious or otherwise. He achieved nothing for being a fanatic. He achieved because he could.
    "...the establishment of Cromwell's Protectorate (1653-58), which was characterized by religious toleration, profitable commercial treaties ..."
    Apart from him killing a few too many Irish when they violently revolted, he really didn't do much that could be considered bad.

Zen Buddhism is not an anti-religion. Being accepting of something e.g. Catholicism does not make you its antithesis at all. It only means you are accepting of it.

I am not religious[/i]

Our Host!