Discussion for These hands' got blood on them

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Dark Elf, Jul 6, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Congratulations, Nukenin ^_^. I'm glad to see you here... You've created a nice character. :thumbup: So welcome to the story!
    (I've got the feeling that we'll meet soon... But we may part ways...)

(And yeah, I'm posting this now, even when you've been around for a while...)

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I know I've been slow with adding new stuff to the RP thread... having an unimaginative phase I guess... I promise I'll tuck in something mind-bending before the end of the day though. :)

3. Nukenin

Nukenin New Member

Hesitant to truly touch the whole vampire/whatever angle quite yet, I have had it make a cameo appearance in my view of the tale, and then I go and drown everything in everyone's favourite Arcanum dungeon fodder. As well as revealing a humble Tarantian citizen's dark secret. Huah!

As for making my half-ogre a bit more intellectual than most, well, I felt it was necessary, as I didn't think I could write things like

4. Bunny

Bunny New Member

I had written a part, but alas! Before I could post it, I realised that you guys had gone on. Guess I'll have to rewrite it to suit what you've written. ^_^.

5. Nukenin

Nukenin New Member

That's the peril of this sort of unmoderated free-for-all. :)

6. Bunny

Bunny New Member

That's what makes it interesting! ^_^.

(i.e. when I'm not moody ¬_¬.)

7. Nukenin

Nukenin New Member

In the old bulletin board days (back before the Internet or the World Wide Web were household institutions, circa the late '80s/early '90's), I enjoyed participating/running a few message-based roleplaying sessions. Most of these were moderated, though, and took the form of the GM describing the situation, the players posting their actions, and the GM describing the results and setting the next scene up.

Free-for-all can definitely be quicker-paced, but you run the risk of losing the story to the people that post the most. And everyone runs the risk of losing their character to the evil machinations of another poster's plot twist.

8. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Well, there's my baby. ^_^. I didn't describe the scene thoroughly because you'd already done so, Nukenin. I must admit it was a bit confusing so I hope I got the rat part right.

Just how old are you, exactly?

No problem as regards having to modify the post to suit the story, after all, if we all did whatever we want, we should forget about writing a story all together. As long as God's in His Heaven, everything will be fine down here. So let's agree in that the characters will not suffer alterations without the puppeteers' consent, shall we?
    But you're doing fine, I really like your character. :)

9. Nukenin

Nukenin New Member

I'm older than the hills, if the hills are 35 years or younger. :)

Actually, Geoffrey is a wererat. The three rats that presumably burrowed up through the floor of the shop were granite rats, the remaining horde is all the other assorted rat types we Arcanum players grow to love. :)

Two of the granite rats were dead in my telling, the third was pounded away by Drub but I wrote no resolution for it.

The figure that appeared briefly attacking Drub I left deliberately vague--vampire? Something else? :-o

I'll give it a day or so for the virtual dust to settle and others to write their own continuances before I chime in again. :)

Just please don't lose or otherwise mangle Drub's pyro axe... :p

10. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Oh, really! You look younger in your avatar!

See? I knew he was a were-rat. He just had to be one, but I don't know why I changed it... You can blame it on my character being drowsy due to the drugs that Anna has been giving to her. :D

Well, we're still managing the problem with vampires. It seems that there are some half-blood vampires around Tarant, and there are some pure too... Your description could go for a vampire... And my character was drowsy, you know...

How dare you... I don't do those things, unless you try to kill my character.

By the way, I should go looking for my bladed boomerang... But if the streets of Tarant are like those of every other city, it's gone forever.

11. Nukenin

Nukenin New Member

Heh, I gave you a big pipe. And some clothes. :)

I've also found Drub's quirk--he's a half-ogre who happens to spout action movie one liner clichés. "Time to take out the trash," when confronting a sewer shambler (or is it?), for example. Corny, but sometimes corny is good.

I also have a bad knack for keeping the action coming. I figure I'll let someone else settle the dust on this one. We need to find a quiet place where your character can explain what the heck she said. :)

12. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Well, I hope I did it OK. Baal, I'm sorry for exhausting you, but you have been fighting for a while and you must run out of fatigue someday. :)

Something very strange happened when I submitted my post. At some point I wrote

“You are finished,â€￾ I sniggered* over his screams.

But the word "snigger"** didn't come out; I got "gobble" instead. So I changed it for "smirk", and it was accepted. Now, what's the problem with sniggering?*** :???:

[edit]<--- hehehe, you see? "gobble" keeps appearing... and I wrote *"s-n-i-g-g-e-r-e-d", **"s-n-i-g-g-e-r" and ***"s-n-i-g-g-e-r-i-n-g"!

13. Baal

Baal New Member

As for my last post, I had a lot to say and I was going to be late for work. There wasn’t much time to think up details.

It was ok, after Nukenin’s post I think I would have said the same thing.

As for the gobbling, yes I do believe you are a ware-turkey.

And to Nukenin… I couldn’t resist the bathroom comment. :D Those sewer rats had it coming.

14. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

whee! Italy! whee! Internet-cafe!

Ahoy, mates! I see youve been active while i was gone. Cool fast-pased action from Nukenin, good job! anyway, ill probably go to this cafe several times while im here. so... yeah. ill show up a *little* more often.

cya around.

15. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Hey there, kiddo! Glad to see you ok! ^_^.

16. Nukenin

Nukenin New Member

Hope Italy's treating you well, Vyenna!

As for the story, I was going to have Drub dumped in prison, but decided to throw in his former employer's connections a wee bit, to spare anyone the mess of a prison rescue or the like.

A little namedropping, a little backstory... a half-ogre with feelings... <sniff!>

17. Bunny

Bunny New Member

That's touching ^_^.
    Ashbury has a prison, Dernholm has a pit, but what about Tarant?

18. Baal

Baal New Member

It’s a strange underground facility like the Hive from Resident Evil.

19. Bunny

Bunny New Member

What about the Boil being a low security prison?
    And, by the way, Nukenin, is that the meeting before or after the BMM? Because if it's the first, then we might exploit the fact that later on, Bates does no longer have a faithful bodyguard... :wink:

20. Vyenna

Vyenna New Member

Here I am again. I just want to ask you to slow a *little* bit down. I have a bit much to read the few days i have internet access. But (!), the story is coming along nicely. I liked the whole "nosferatu-book" thingy. :)

Our Host!