Fucking US Postal Service Motherfuckers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rosenshyne, Jul 11, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Baal

Baal New Member

Well… That was an interesting story.

Well that’s about what I eat for dinner some times, its all you can get when you come home at 04:00. The spicy hotdogs at the gas station are actually pretty good, and if your lucky you might even be able to score a piece of cheese.

2. Nukenin

Nukenin New Member

There was a stretch in my life where 7-Eleven hot dogs (smothered in nacho cheese sauce) were a staple. To the best of my knowledge, I never ate one that had been purposefully poisoned by a cashier having a bad morning.

3. Neo

Neo New Member

LOL...

kinda funny..... i used to work at 7-11 for a lil bit.... you have no idea...

-Neo

4. Nukenin

Nukenin New Member

I had a friend/former roommate who worked at 7-Eleven back in his later high school/early college days. He had stories.

:)

5. Neo

Neo New Member

Lets just say i was the ONLY one who washed my hands or cleaned ANYTHING in that place, if they droped somthing on the floor they didnt even brush it off, much less wash it... in fact, if i wasnt there than nothing got washed or sanatized. (YUK).

the food itself was ok, they kept it frozen and stuff, threw it away every night if it didnt sell, but the over all sanatation of the place was a joke.

-Neo

6. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Well, that's... Er... Well... You know... That's not very reassuring...
    But we'll still go out and eat in those places, no matter how many stories of green, hairy sausages or chopped fingers we get to know.

7. Neo

Neo New Member

lol if u saw what i saw, it would change your mind... like it did mine. :p

-Neo

8. Baal

Baal New Member

You mean like serving food that had been on the ground, or more like selling expired food.

9. Neo

Neo New Member

well, ive seen the others do things like drop the food tongs on the nasty floor and just put it back, or not clean the grill for months, or use the same rag to wipe down the food area (if they even did that) for weeks at a time.

then there was the roaches.....

there was mad amounts of roaches.....

they did throw away the expired food, but thats ONLY because the 7-11 people came by randomly to check and make sure the owners werent giving the 7-11 company a bad name. otherwise im sure they would do that too.

there is this one guy who would always pick his nose and just flick... blech!

i would be the only one there that would clean anything too, i cleaned stuff that im sure had been there years before i even worked there.

get this, i acctually got YELLED at for using too much cleaning suplies and too many rags. they wanted me to use the same nasty dirty rag over and over and over and over on FOOD areas as well as the walls and counters and shelves... of course i didn't, which got me in lots of trouble. Same went for the cleaners, just a tiny cap full mixed with a gallon of water was supposed to be enough to clean everything for a week...(i am dead serious)

anyways, needless to say i dont trust any opened food from there anymore. if i buy food from there it is factory sealed ;)

-Neo

10. Bunny

Bunny New Member

You mean you'd rather not see what they do to the food, but it's pretty much the same.

11. Neo

Neo New Member

no i mean i dont want anything that they made or cooked or prepared.
    If i buy anything from there it is a bag of chips or candy ect.

factory sealed away from there ;)
    That way i know its clean and fresh and wont have bugs in it.

-Neo

12. Nukenin

Nukenin New Member

The 7-Elevens I frequented seemed to be more or less kept well. Though in one I observed the same jar of marshmallow cream sitting in the same place for over a year, gathering dust and looking really unappetizing as the marshmallow cream, well, devolved or something.

I did migrate from eating a lot of the store-prepared foods (like the hot dogs etc) to just getting the wrapped sandwiches and such that came in on the delivery truck.

I also annihilated the nacho Slim Jims when they had 'em in stock. Ages ago I even had an old web page for my nacho Slim Jim obsession--ah, here it is, courtesy of the New Library of Alexandria (Egypt) and their mirror of the Internet Archive's Wayback Machine. Yowza!

13. Neo

Neo New Member

ya know i used to be obsessed with SlimJims too...

OOOOOH YYEEEEEAAAA!!!!

one thing that always bothered me tho....

if you look at the ingedients, one of them listed is "mechanically seperated chicken" WTF!

W in TF is that?! couldnt they seperate it by hand? did it HAVE to be done mechanically? that just blew my mind, me and my friends had several theories, but in the end it became one of the great mysteries of my youth.... now its back to haunt me.

thanks Nukenin, thanks alot for bringing the mechanically seperated chicken back ot haunt me!

:/

-Neo

14. Nukenin

Nukenin New Member

The Web to the rescue!

From the Food Safety and Insepction Service of the U.S. Department of Agriculture page on Meat and Poultry Labeling Terms:

...and now you know. Mystery solved! (Yes, it was always an interesting ingredient puzzler for me as well.)

15. Neo

Neo New Member

:-o holy.....

You acctually solved the mystery!!!! AMAZING!
    But wait, now a new mystery arises.... why was such a law made?
    and now knowing its a paste-like substance made from high pressure removal of "ediable tissue" makes slim jims seem a lil less desirable.... wait a second.. nevermind, i'm gonna go get some lol

-Neo

16. Bunny

Bunny New Member

^_^. The information in small letters that appears at the back of the packets is printed in small fonts so that you won't want to read it.
    Nothing will shock me since I learnt that ham has, among its other secret ingredients, the gel that's used in diapers.

17. Neo

Neo New Member

ham is a dead pig, period...

you mean Spam?

-Neo

18. Nukenin

Nukenin New Member

I remember getting an energy drink that touted "taurine" as an ingredient. Curious, I did some research, and learned that taurine is found in ox bile. (Bile in generally, really, and nerve tissue, etc.)

Didn't stop me from getting more taurine-enriched energy drinks.

19. Bunny

Bunny New Member

No, I mean "ham"; no longer a dead pig. Never was, actually. Many years ago, they used 1k of pork to make 300g of ham... Nowadays they use 1k of pork to make 3k of ham.

20. Neo

Neo New Member

ummmmmmm.....

I dont understand. o.0

ANY real ham i have EVER seen is one solid peice of meat... it isnt processed, its like a roast, but from a pig.

-Neo

Our Host!