Morrowind Popped My Eyes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkFool, May 31, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. DarkFool

DarkFool Nemesis of the Ancients

{This isn't a joke} Does anyone else've a problem with the blood vessels in thier eyes bursting after playing Morrowind for a couple hours? :/

2. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Just unglue your nose from your computer screen and stop taping our eye lids to your forehead and you'll be fine.

3. Canis

Canis New Member

No, but Jedi Knight II makes me headachy and nauseated after twenty minutes.

I'm never going to finish that damn thing.

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    This might actually be the first time you wrote something I found funny, Sleek_Jeek, and void of all those annoying typos as well, so bravo!

With Morrowind, I'm more concerned with aneurysms bursting the hell out of my brain just as the aggravating squeak of Cliff Racers starts rearing its ugly head. Luckily, I've finished the damn thing and do not have to play it anymore.

5. DarkFool

You actually finished Morrowind? :| I didn't know it had an end. I love adding mods in... I don't think my presently has an end. I've four houses, and about tweleve guilds to master, plus the main quest itself.

6. Maladict_Vermere

Maladict_Vermere New Member

God i HATE those. I actually stop playing for a day after killing one of those forsaken sh*ts.

Just as i kill some lich in some forgotten tomb, i walk out for a reviving breath of fresh mountain air...to be attacked, diseased and gang raped but a flock of mutated chickens from hell.

i was so peeved by those things that a decided to rope them all together and perform mass genocide on the fowls, i ran around on the mountains of that area, gathering as many of the winged heamoroids as i could...and killed then all...it looked like something from Alfred Hitchcock's "Birds"

Picture this...In the distance u see the small silluete of a man, a man running along the ridge of a mountain braced behind is the orange glow of a setting sun...out of nowhere u hear a steady hum, growing louder and louder as u see the first, the cause of this mans frantic sprint...then as a rising cloud from the deapths of hell, a black mass of squeaking malice, rears its ugly head from behing the ridge...startled you look for the man...only to find he has already covered half the bistance between the two of you...
    by the time u've gathered ur vestments around ur knees its too late...the last thing u feel is the piercing of ur skin, the braking of ur bones...and the strange sensation of being eaten in mid air....

thanx for listening to that...got carried away there... :p

aniez, id like to thank Vin Diesel in " Pitch Black " for that little out-burst...

7. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    The main quest itself is surprisingly short. It's only a matter of actually doing it rather than hunting guild promotions, which I know can be terribly difficult refraining from.

8. DarkFool

Good point, hunting is very distracting. Bowstaff. ^_^

9. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

You thought combat in Morrowind is sort of bareable, until you loose count of how many of those damn bird beast you kill. It becomes meaningless and a nauseant. When that happens, only creative and well written dialogue can save the game. Unfortunately, it's as creative and inspiring as an encyclopedia.

10. DarkFool

Actually, if you pick up Morrowind Combat Enhanced (or something like that) it makes combat much more fun. It varies the attacks, and adds more injuries and things... plus, if you get good with a bow, you can punch an arrow through the skull of the Cliffracers and kill'em in one shot.

11. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

I am a regular sufferer of red eyes and visible blood vessels after a few hours on the PC. Usually only after spending all day on it without a break when I get addicted to one game or another.

12. DarkFool

Do you get headaches also? I get this dull-throbbing in the back of my skull.

13. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I used to get red eyes sometimes before, but now I've got my own computer with a screen that has a high refresh rate, maybe a low refresh rate is your problem too.

14. DarkFool

Mine is at 85 Hertz, the hightest it'll go.

15. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I belive 100Hz is the least that's "good" for your eyes, have you tried turning the resolution down? It might be possible to higher the refreshing rate then.

16. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Ah... the love that comes from posting stoned.

17. DarkFool

Nope, it won't go any higher... I think I'm going to get a new monitor sooner or later...

18. Phadech

Phadech New Member

Good to know that I'm not the only one who hates Cliff Racers.

Here is a freak who has beaten Morrowind in 14 minutes.

19. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

what would be the point in that? to brag that you completed a roleplaying game in 14 min?? why, why, why?

20. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

It seems that everyone wants to be the BEST at something. Often this manifests itself as being the speediest, though to me that dosent hold up well in a roleplaying game. I would think that doing something like uniniting all the races or triggering the apocolypse would be a better claim to fame.

Our Host!