Magnus vanished into thin air?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Quaid, May 26, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Quaid

Quaid Member

Okay. I did a search on 'magnus disappear', a search on 'magnus bug', a search on 'where did magnus go', and I haven't found an answer....

I have the latest patch (1.0.7.4). I was in a dungeon with Virgil and Magnus, and I told them both to wait (like I have many times). I went to take care of some business, but when I returned only Virgil was there. My 'Good' meter is around 45. One thing is Magnus was in the shadow of a wall when I told him to stay (sometimes you can't see in that area unless you move around and it becomes transparent). Either way, I have moved around the whole area, and moved my cursor over it numerous times also. It is an area with a few traps on the floor. Could he have moved to pick up random items on the ground and been blown to smitherines? If so, wouldn't his loot be visible?

I don't care that he is gone too much - I can explain it away as the NPC left us high and dry - no good stinkin dwarf. But he had some dwarven ore, a lava rock and geode that I may need later.

Two things: Is this a potential bug? And, is there a limited amount of dwarven ore and lava rock (and dwarven steel while we're on the subject) in the game? [I know I can work around any item issue with the editor, but I'd rather not at this point]

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Lava Rock is definitely limited, once you've picked it all up then thats it, as for the steel, I think you can get it at dwarven smiths. As to the ore I am not to sure.

Don't bother carrying a Geode around, there is one on the ground at the altar.

3. Quaid

Quaid Member

4. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

The thing with magnus dissappearing isn't a bug, any other follower than Virgil will only wait for so and so long. and then They'll leave, usually to the place you found them.

5. Quaid

Quaid Member

cool. I'll check back in Tarant. I just didn't think I left either of them any longer than I have in the past...

6. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

maybe he ddn't like you. :p

7. Quaid

Quaid Member

if that's the case then he has a date with my hand cannon. i'll be his huckleberry.

8. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Shoot him for me. He's just turned me down claiming I'm still too green for him.

9. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

Get within a level of him and he'll consider you experienced enough.

10. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Bah, who needs him?

First thing I do when I get to Tarant is blow a hole is his chest.

11. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

12. Quaid

Quaid Member

I pumped him full of lead and took back all the loot I gave him. Now he knows better than to mess with Doc Holliday. Permanently.

13. Brand

Brand New Member

I found him to be one of the most annoying followers myself. Oh no I don't like you doing that. Grrr.

14. Bunny

Bunny New Member

Yeah! And he's not even THAT good! I mean, you can't talk, Magnus, look at your alignment!
    *but anyway, this is the hints and tips part, I mustn't forget...*

Our Host!