The heaviest object in Arcanum

Discussion in 'Arcanum Discussion' started by Lord Deker, May 15, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Lord Deker

Lord Deker New Member

I started a half-ogre named "Mountain Giant". Guess what am I trying to play with? Hurl Boulder, of course!

The 5000 stone boulder I took from Ashbury does some real damage. With 20 str I still get medium heavy, but as long as I keep it on the ground at the end of each round I get rid of the weight problem.

With expert throwing the boulder did about 50-70 damages. So throw-walk-pick kills low level enemies quickily. It is fun to see people smashed by hugh boulder!

Is there any heavier object in Arcanum?

Also, any suggestion to enchance the "fun" of throwing heavy objects?

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

The heaviest items in Arcanum are the Caladon sewer openings, they are so heavy you can't budge them.

But as for throwing things I'd give throwing platemail a go, its pretty heavy.

I can't think of anything with a greater weight than the Ashbury boulders, perhaps the boulder you have to get for the Vooriden altar is heavier? Besides there is some amusing irony in the idea using the altar stone of the God of light as a weapon.

3. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

4. Lord Deker

Lord Deker New Member

Hm...... I think armor and weapons ca not be thrown. When you click on them from the hot key bar, you will equip them.

That stone from Torin Quarry is not as heavy as the Asbury boulder, but since it is an alter stone I have picked it up for fun. Too bad the maximum carry weight is 10000 only, even if I have over 20 str.

5. Demosthenes

Demosthenes New Member

You can throw anything, you just can't throw them all from the hot key bar. To throw any item click it and drag it to the circular window in the upper left corner of the inventory screen. You'll exit the inventory screen and your cursor will have the object on it.

BTW, cool idea for a character.

6. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Away around the weight issue, would be to install Chris's Car Arcanum mod from the front page it gives you items at the start that have a negative wieght making everything (you) lighter. And yes a very cool idea for a character.

7. Lord Deker

Lord Deker New Member

Hm, got it. Now I can try throwing Harrow and Elephant gun. Maybe the swords and the axes won't crash my followers in a single accidental hit.

8. Grossenschwamm

Grossenschwamm Well-Known Member

That has to be the greatest idea I ever saw. I never thought of using the boulders from ashbury as weapons. Finally, my Half Ogre throwing master will have a purpose!

Our Host!