Fucking social welfare system!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RPjunkie, Apr 28, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

As per the title I hate the system. My 4 yr old broke her arm riding her bike last week. My wifey was at work, and apparently with me watching the younger two playing I was neglecting watching my daughter ride her bike. She rode her bike off the curb(has done so before with a couple scrapes and bruises) but this time however she managed to break her arm. Now My wifey and I have to go through bullshit with a social worker. Some fucking bitch at the hostpital called child services and now...because my kid was being a kid and got a lesson from the school of hard knocks I am subjected to bureaucratic bullshit!! Damn we live in a great country!! :x :cry: :D

2. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

Sorry to hear about that.
    I took my gran to hospital with a broken wrist last month. She fell off a plank of wood trying to shut a window, after I'd already told her to leave that kind of thing to me. Anyway, the nurse who examined her arm made me wait outside. The reason being in case I had shoved granny down the stairs and she was too afraid to speak out with me present.
    While it is annoying being viewed as a possible criminal, wouldn't you rather 100 innocent fathers were questioned rather than allowing 1 potential child beater to slip through?

3. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

not neccessarily so. There is way too much focus on those that are not problems and too much "not bad enough" with those that are the problem. Too much time is spent on those "potential problems" and very little at all spent on those that are the problems. The innocent ppl are the ones that get fucked, and the bastards that should be locked away are the ones that get away because it would be too much time, effort and money to 'get' them, but the ones that are easy targets get a royal as raping!!

My child was just being a child. Plain and simple! Nothing more, nothing less. She didnt listen and paid the price...hence the term 'school of hard knocks'. You learn a tough lesson from not heeding those wiser than you. And because there are all kinds of fucking nutcases out there I have to worry about what my children do as they grow for fear that some demented fuck is gonna trun me in for shit that never happened because they are some paranoid fuck that should remove their head from their ass.

Dont even try to tell me I got it wrong. We all know that ppl turn their heads the other way with the really bad shit, but they pounce all over the little shit, and then you got honest, innocent ppl paying the price for ignorance. That is what it all boils down to: ignorance!

But it was funny when she said that she couldnt ride her bike no more :lol:

4. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

I'm not sure what you mean there.

I agree this is the case when it comes to punishment e.g. a father who smacks a naughty child in public goes to jail while a man who beats his child in his own home gets a warning that they'll be keeping an eye on him but they can't prove anything.
    But I disagree that this is the case when it comes to social workers identifying the criminals. I know a social worker and she tries really hard to get the bad guys but it's the courts that get in the way and silly girlfriends/wives/husbands lying to protect their evil spouse. The people who ''turn their heads'' aren't the social workers, it's the spouse who stands by and lets their child be harmed because they are afraid of their partner or afraid of losing their partner.
    IMO, you cannot catch all the bad guys without ruffling a few innocent guys. If every guy who went into casualty saying ''oh my kid fell off a swing...'' was believed without question then the next time that kid arrives at hospital it might be in a body bag (1 time in a million perhaps, but it is still an innocent life gone no matter how uncommon it is).
    You are perfectly right to be angry and bitter that you are being persecuted by people (whose job it is to judge you) but personally I'd rather have lots of annoyed innocent people complaining about the nanny state than have 1 innocent child continue to be hurt.
    My girlfriend's family used to foster kids (her mom's the social worker) and a couple of them were identified as being abused when they went into hospital. That ''bitch at the hospital'' might have saved lives by doing exactly what she did to you.

5. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

You're not putting yourself in the nurse's very, very arousing uniform. I agree that social welfare shouldn't have been called. At all. Even if you had been watching, who's to say your child wouldn't have rode off the curb anyway? But a child should be questioned alone (generally) when they sustain a significant injury for reasons that Tongs stated.

Your generalisations about people turning the other way and pouncing on little shit are stupid.

6. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

I am/was simply ranting and venting. I know we live in 'great' country, but we have those little things that annoy us. Every one of us has something about some way our society/social system/government/bureacracy is run or carries out its duties. And in this great country the general attitude is to trun your head and look the other way. Granted not everybody does that, but the prevailing thought is the reason why all those factions were created. We live in a great country, but we aint perfect. But then again...democracy aint perfect!

7. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

Personally I don't think democracy is at fault, humans are. There's no perfect government in existence and there never has been one. You got the short end of the stick in a relatively well put together scoiety. Sorry I was over harsh.

8. TONGSyaBASS

TONGSyaBASS Member

The reason why there is no perfect government?
    Humans.

Democracy is basically a popularity contest. To win it you have to do the popular thing, not the right thing. Most voters don't seem to know what's good for them and refuse to take their medicine which screws us all in the long run. However some of the other options are worse. Communism just gives the idiot voters even more power since everyone is equal (which is pretty obviously not true). A benign dictatorship is the way to go. Someone who has absolute power and can do the right thing even if it makes the people unhappy in the short term. But of course humans are selfish, so a dictatorship usually involves the dictator doing what is best for him personally rather than what is best for the people.
    This is why there will never be a 'perfect' government until we have AIs with IQs approaching infinity, better morals than any human and lacking the concept of self-interest.
    Hail the machine overlords!
    Of course the only way the system would be truly perfect would be to remove the human rabble from the equation...

Ok, a bit off topic but I just had a long conversation with my girlfriend about future politics so just humour me!

9. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Fess up RPjunkie. We know you're a child beaterer. It's time to tell the truth. You broke your daughters arm because you're a sick psycho child molester. I had you picked right from the start. When I saw your first post here I thought "This guy, see this guy, he's a child beatererer. That's what he does. He beats children". Right from the start. Pegged. You. Did I ever.

10. Sea Dog

Sea Dog New Member

The difference between what is right and what is popular is non-existant. I was trying to imply with last post that humans would never form a 'perfect' government.

11. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Welcome to T-A, home of freaks, perverts, degenerates and now child beaters... life is good.

12. Master Guru Vlugh

Master Guru Vlugh New Member

13. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Wouldn't that just be another synonym for "T-A Regular" though?

14. Master Guru Vlugh

Yea, but you can always use mor synonym. You know it tastes great if you mix is with sugar and sprinkle it on some buttered toast.

15. RPjunkie

RPjunkie New Member

Damn you DU.....you figured out my lil secret. Actually my children are lucky they are still alive. Perhaps that can be changed....I was thinking somehting along the lines of a joint venture with all of us! A nice little family suicide. Make a big ol' fancy dinner(with poison) and then just to be sure we poison our drinks. That way nobody has to go on living without anybody else!!

disclaimer: above post is a work of pure fiction. nobody was hurt during the typing of this post. no harm is intended towards my family or children.

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

17. Master Guru Vlugh

correction... no harm is intended towards your children or family... by you... various clandestine organizations could be plotting the demise of your family unit even as we post...

18. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

OMFG RPJUNKIE POSTED A CONFESSION I'M CALLING TEH POLICE.

19. Master Guru Vlugh

20. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    :cry:

Our Host!