Pan-magick Mastery

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by lvlarx, Mar 24, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. lvlarx

lvlarx New Member

I read about mastering all the magick colleges, but it seems that only a few of the masters have/are wearing magick mastery amulets. Am I doing something wrong? How/where do I find these missing amulets?

2. toller

toller New Member

When you accept the task of becoming a master of a magic field then you get an amulet that gives you access to the gaunlet.

3. floyd

floyd New Member

I think only the masters of the colleges of which you know all the spells are carrying amulets.

4. Canis

Canis New Member

I don't think that's so. They still have amulets even if you're a strong tech character with no spell knowledge at all.

5. lvlarx

lvlarx New Member

I have five medallions after checking all sixteen masters. The following are:

Meta
    Mental
    Phantasm
    Summoning
    Water

I have all five meta and summoning spells, and the first spell for the other three colleges. Of the colleges I don't have medallions for, the colleges I have all five spells are Conveyance, Divination, Fire, Force, Morph, Necromantic White, and Temporal. I have two in Necromantic Black, and one spell in all the other colleges. Is there a way to get the other medallions without item hacks? For that matter, are there item hacks (and if so, where can I get them)?

6. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

From what I have seen those are the only medallions...

7. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

8. Technomage Morhion

Technomage Morhion New Member

odd....I've always been able to get all of them, save for one time, the Water master didn't have it.
    I've also been able to "Master" all the schools, as in I have the title of Master under reputations, but only gain the 1/2 mana cost in whichever school I last got the medalion. It'd be cool if anyone knew how to gain the benefits of Mastery in multiple schools.

9. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

would require editing the script to not check for a previously held condition.

10. Technomage Morhion

how would one go about it?

11. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

...how should i know?

I could help you more but I don't quite recall, is Master a reputation, based in an item, or just a triggered effect.

12. Technomage Morhion

13. Technomage Morhion

the Mastery part is reputation, and can be achieved, but 1/2 fatigue cost only works for whichever college you last accepted the test for (or are wearing the amulet for)..but I found something that might help. Making a permanent version of the Fatigue Slower effectively does that for all magic you cast. And looking through the SpellList.mes, I found this
    And a long while back, before I got rid of arcanum (Apr2004, last time posting here), I succeeded in making the effect permanent. But I just made a new item and had it on the ground at the start of the game. I'm guessing there's a way to include the OCF_FATIGUE_LIMITING, FLAG_ON in the script, tho' I'm not much of a scripting type....will look into it.

14. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Well, that would and does work. If you wanted to simply allow the 1/2 fatigue effect to stack for all the colleges you master you must look at OCF_FATIGUE_LIMITING and see if it runs a search for similar effect before triggering. If it does, it then overwrites that effect and supplants it. You have to remove that trigger, the search for a similar OCF_FATIGUE_LIMITING effect, and the overwriting command. In this case I'm assuming there are several ofthose scripts, one for each magic college.

Our Host!