Troika's End. I had an idea to help Troika.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Joe, Mar 10, 2005.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Joe

Joe New Member

First of course we could make mods and web pages and reviews and fiddle a diddle.

But what if we all e-mailed the people who got fired and offered to send their resumes off to other computer companies to help get their jobs back?

If they don't want us doing it... well no biggy on our backs. Heh, we just don't do it then.

Or we could give detailed critiques of what they did best with their games. After all those computer company's don't take as long a look at the stuff of games as the gamers do.

And if any one is intrested in any of this but is worried about how well they write, well we could and I do advice that they post the critique on our forum first, that way we can all steer the wording just right.

Oh and if your even more worried that posting your pitch for our critique referal would reveal how well you word that then.. uh.. hmm.. well then just take a look at how I wrote this and know that I'm certain I've been miss wording and spelling quite a few things my self...

2. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

You're ignoring the fact that most of Troika's employees have already gotten new jobs. It's only the three founders who I think are still working out what they want to do.

3. Joe

Joe New Member

Good point.

I sure hope those guys all found new jobs.

---

What about this idea:

Have you guys ever heard of TTLG?

If the three main guys from torika joined the pepole who made System Shock 2 and Deus Ex... Or Vavle or the guys making Arx Fatalis 2. Or what about the pepole who made Torment... Thats it we need to get these guys to get with the makers of Fallout 1 & 2 and... uh.. ok lame joke.. Man its not so much a joke as its more of a :cry:

Geeze I just wish we could help those guys out. I'm tring to think of a better computer game company then them... Nope still can't.

--

I'm going to have to buy mediocre games why? Becuase serria, atri, and activision screwed these guys up! What will we all do wait 20 years for some one to pick up the perfect game maker mantle?

--

Dudes this sucks... and I'm not talking about thier vampire game. After all vampires don't suck! :lol:

--

Any one else got any ideas to steer these Artists in the right direction?

4. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Whatever direction they may take, I fear that it is out of our control.

5. JustaFishInaJar

JustaFishInaJar New Member

I know what we can do. First we'll bake thousands and thousands of cookies. Each cookie will have the slogan "Save Troika" written in frosting. We than package these tasty discs into boxes with Arcanum type art. Each member of THOL will than go door to door selling these boxes at 25$ a piece. And since we have like 6700 members if each person only sold one box that would be like over...um..one hundred thousand dollars. We can than use that money to build are own spaceship that could fly around the Earth so fast that the planet starts to spin backwards. And according to Superman who can't be wrong that should make us go BACK IN TIME. Then we could warn the makers of Arcanum of there downfall thus saving the company and sipping on glasses of lemonade with giant swirly bendy straws that go *wheeeeeee* when you sip really fast. Then we can all laugh as the episode fades out to the credits.

6. Joe

Joe New Member

:lol:

Frankly I wish I WAS super man I would use my power to help Troika.

Money comes and gos. I don't think its money we need. I think we should all agree to eitch other that this sucks and we aren't taking it from Activision. (No I don't think we should boy cot either)

--

Well what can we do for the Troika Producer Director guys?

Come on do you guys want to live in a world where listed as the top games of the year are Ridick and Half-Life 2?

I'm sick of the midiocre! :x Creativity is rewarded this way huh? These guys were fired what 1,2,3 times?? This is nuts!

Do I have to personally push through all this bureaucracy to get these creative minds a better company?

7. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

We could rage against the machine. With a rebel yell. Then get back in the USSR and smoke two joints by morning.

8. Joe

Joe New Member

:)

-

Does any one have any suggestions as to what the the three wise men of Fallout and Arcanum should do?

If one of us bumped into Tim Cain and the other two what does every one here think we would do?

Would be try to convince them to go into the movie making biz?
    Would it be a good idea to convince them to make Arcanum 2 or Vampire 3?

Or would it be better to just grab thier leg and not let go while screaming we love them... :p yes that kind of idea doesn't work.

I thought of it first but it doesn't sound right.

9. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Hmmmm.... express an interest in Arcanum 2.... why hasn't anyone thought of that before?

10. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Joe: Give up. Your attempts are futile. The only thing that could've helped Troika were SLAM DUNK MEGA-SALES and that didn't happen.

11. Dark Elf

Media:
    Or perhaps Joe could pay for their every expenditure from his own pocket?

12. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

We could have a popcorn sale. Trail's End does wonders for the Boy Scouts.

13. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

We could also keep the legacy alive through lots of yapping about our discontent concerning the recent calamity. That sentence was incoherent. I like popcorn - and I'd gladly give my house to save Troika - but they're already dead and I don't own a house. :-(

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

15. Master Guru Vlugh

Master Guru Vlugh New Member

That sentence makes a fuck of alot of sense, Trail's End is the company that mass produces microwace popcorn so the Boy Scouts of America can sell it. It was an allusion. And yea, props on the gd.

16. Sheriff Fatman

Sheriff Fatman Active Member

Troika died? That's pretty sad, but I told them to stay away from D&D!

Actually, I didn't tell them, but I told people *I* would be staying away from D&D and if Troika aren't using me a gaming windsock, they only have themselves to blame.

17. Luchaire

Luchaire New Member

18. mrnobodie

mrnobodie New Member

Grettings and salutations Sheriff, nice to see you still kicking round.

19. Dark Elf

Media:
    Sheriff = Back

Back = Lengthy Absence

Lenghty Absence = Hate

Hate = Directed at me

Me = Love

Therefore:

WHY DO YOU HATE ME WHEN I SHOW YOU NOTHING BUT LOVE?

20. Lord Deker

Lord Deker New Member

Go to Atari, kill the boss, polymorph so that you look like him. Take his place, and get those trokia guys rework TOEE a bit. Given enough time, TOEE can SLAM DUNK MEGA-SALES

Our Host!