UNDAT HELP!!! SO HELP!!! PLEASE!!!

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Blinky969, Sep 20, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

So I did a search for this undat problem I was having. It's this zlip.dll problem. It was pretty cool, a couple of things about it come up. So I found the answer to my problem, I downloaded the undat for this site, not the one from dimensions arcanum, which is updated more. There was a link, all nice and good, lalalalala. Only problem is that Dimensions Arcanum goes through File Planet, and that site seems to be being a tad bit anal about giving me the file. So is there any other way to get it? :-(

2. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

Yea File planet can be a pain but this might fix that:
    If you have a popup blocker or firewall turn it off
    they both have problems with that site especially popup blockers

and fileplanet is sometimes overflowed with people downloading if you are using a public server so yea its going to take some time... but! I happen to have the undat utillity and would be glad to email it to you... If I knew your email of course.

3. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Thanks alot man!
    Rammie969@aol.com

Yea, that's why I don't like file planet, it's too damn slow :/ But it must have been my popup blocker, becasue the page that says whose on which servers couldn't even load. :-? Yea, I use public, I don't feel like doing all that registration shit and all that jazz.

Thanks again dude :thumbup:

4. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

Blinky dude, I tried to send it but someone just told me that it would take a million years to send a 2.11 MB file.

Just go through registration with with the fileplanet dimensions arcanum. download there is no waiting time on the public servers for this file so it'll be all right.

And in future downloads from fileplanet at least you won't have to register again. ;)

5. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

No I have an ACCOUNT, it's just the one that only allows me to use public servers. I don't feel like registering for the one that lets you use the private ones. I guess I have to :-( . Thanks for the help though man, you good peoples :)

6. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Buried on my website somewhere (resources I think) is most of the undat tools. Or at least the good ones or something. Try them. Otherwise, fileplanet.

To get to my website, click the little WWW down below my sig somewhere.

7. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Alright, I got zlib.dll! :D !

Now I need to register it. I haven't registered anything in like 3 months, and I forgot the command, so if anyone would be so good as to help :???: :) .

Oh another thing. The main thing I want to do is edit artwork for Arcanum. Some other little link was talking about a glitch with Potassuim Phosphate or whatever the hell it was, and I was going to patch it. I was also hoping to come out with a line of crossbow graphics and put them in. Internally make it like a gun, but it fires arrows. You know, stuff like that. So I was asking a frined and apparently I need 2 files to edit artwork:
    Art2Bmp and Bmp2Art.
    I went to Asrudin's site and got both, but I have no idea how they work. I tried to open what looks like the exe file, but a black box just opened then closed. Anyone know if this is some bug or something I'm doing wrong?

8. Drake Crowind

Drake Crowind New Member

Could you also fix it where I can teleport to and from the Isle of Despair?
    Cause I like it there and ocasionally I'll forget to stop by the ancient crash site.

9. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

No I can't, first off, that would be cutting outan entire part of the game for mages, and would make it even easier for them. Second, in terms of story reality, a penal colony that allows people to just teleport in and out would be the most idiotic thing in the world. Third, there really is no use stopping by the Ancient Crash if you're a mage, it's all tech stuff. Fouth, in a game like this, I feel that's you're bad, it's not the end of the world. If you die because you don't have stuff from there, it would be the end of the world, but who cares? Fifth, how can you like a prison colony? And sixth and final, the most imortant reason ever! I have no idea how te fuck to do it!

But ok I got the command to register my zlib.dll file, but it says that the zlibregdll is missing an entry point. This is causing some bit of annoyance for me, and if anyone can help me out, I would really appreciate it. I'm still having a giant bucket load of trouble with those art2bmp and bmp2art files too, so if you can help about that, it would be grand.

10. Asrudin

Asrudin New Member

Lo :)

Check them in dos prompt. The reason the black box appears and dissappears is because windows thinks it has no reason to stay in dos prompt and you miss what it says

Also drag n drop worked for me

drag an art file on art2bmp and it extracts

getting the correct bmp files with compitable pallettes is trickier, but there is more about that in the little tutorial I wrote.

K, probably way too late, but better late then never

11. DarkUnderlord

DarkUnderlord Administrator Staff Member

Heh 2 years too late but welcome to the forum Asrudin. :wavey:

12. rosenshyne

rosenshyne New Member

wow... that's like the gold medal of gravedigging stunts. enjoy it before you're bitchslapped. and welcome, try to stick around. don't be one of those assholes who only posts once and disappears into the void. we need new blood.

13. jankiel

jankiel Member

14. mathboy

mathboy New Member

I've been posting here for a year and five days now!!!

15. Silvara

Silvara New Member

So, that should be considered as an official Application for the Post of Forum Bitch?

16. tree

tree New Member

mathboy seems like he would make a good one ;)

17. DEATH AT THE DOOR

DEATH AT THE DOOR New Member

We should organizs a constest in order to choose rosie's bitch.

18. Silvara

Silvara New Member

Well, she has offered the job to Quethim, and it's really her choice. We could have a contest for a general Forum Bitch, since it seems to be required by some members...

19. jankiel

jankiel Member

[Shouts] Bitch! Bitch! BITCH![/Shouts] :D

20. DEATH AT THE DOOR

DEATH AT THE DOOR New Member

Why not?
    I'll go make a topic.

Our Host!