Mages should be aloud to enchant items.

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Baal, Mar 25, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

Should mages be aloud to enchant items.

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Baal

Baal New Member

When I say enchant I mean imbue items with powers. like you cast a spell and it adds 1-“5/Magic level” fire damage to the weapon, then making the weapon due an additional 1-20 FD at magic level 100.

2. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    Yup, this has been a popular topic for as long as this forum has existed. Enchantment. They really should had considered it. I think chrisbeddoes is creating something similar in his mod though (if he haven't already, I haven't cheched his progress and I'm too damn lazy to do so as well).

3. Baal

Baal New Member

They should add it as another type of schematic :) ; if you take a magic ingredient and mix it with a specific spell they allow you to add an ability to your weapon. Like a ground ruby and the spell of Fire Wall, and it adds fire damage to your weapon.

4. Tzaca

Tzaca New Member

and the more IN and WP u have u should make greater weapons but this should cost a lot of mana and perhaps exp

5. Stoat

Stoat New Member

I think the ability to create magical items should be a school of magic. Most likely called enchanting. The first level in it would be the ability to create scrolls. I think it should work very similarly to the skill of making tech objects. Learning to make magic items should be available through scrolls and require knoledge in the apropiate school of magic.
    A parallel school of magic would be alchemy that would involved creating potions and the like.

6. EyeOfFire

EyeOfFire New Member

Yes! I am totally with enchanting items!

this could also be a use for all the useless gems and gem encrusted stuff you find - you mix purity of water with a sapphire neckalce to increase your beauty

Although having said that, I think there should be some random enchanting manuals that you never find again - that way there will be more variety.

7. Rogan

Rogan New Member

The scrolls should be cheaper.
    And yeah, there should be enchantment as a school of magic.

8. Grayman

Grayman New Member

My favorite part of games is making items/characters/etc for it. Being able to enchant items even low end items is preferrable to nothing at all. But I must say a wider variety of items to discover is a must. If you have only 10 items and 2 are powerful enemy crushing items then it unbalances the game. A wider variety of items for a wider variety of character types is more desirable.

9. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

why are you people REPEATEDLY gravedigging this thread? Jesus christ...

Anyway, technology is already weaker than magic, giving magic something that is reserved for tech would require tech to be given far more to compensate. Although, you could combine them into something akin to alchemy, where the creation of magic items requires both tech and magic abilities.

10. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Yes, we frown upon this.

Our Host!