The Return of the Old Gods!

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by The Caltrop, Dec 13, 2003.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. The Caltrop

The Caltrop New Member

The Panarii religion is a sham. By the endgame, people should start realizing this. So, a lot of people begin to turn back to the old gods of Arcanum. Some Panarii still exsist (mostly localized around Caladan, and a new community on Thanatos at Nasrudin's Grave) who believe that all the events in Arcanum 1 were in fact some sort of test.

While this isn't really a story backround, or adventure storyline, it is an kind of interesting development to the world in Arcanum 2 that i would like to see included.

2. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Ah. but its possible for you to become a god, so if this is taken as what happened before (assuming the new game is a sequel) then a character from Arcanum 1 could now be the subject of Panari worship. Also Nasrudin really is dead now, whats to stop Thanatos from being made into a new Panari stronghold, with a shrine built on his real grave.

3. Dweller from Vendigroth

Dweller from Vendigroth New Member

I totally agree, it's will be great if in Arcanum 2 will be A High Counse, or The Great Gods what have the altars in Arcanum. If it will be, i will be happy!

4. Lord Coldwolf

Lord Coldwolf New Member

Panarii is wrong religion, thats why i kill Elder Joachim! :lol:

5. Tzaca

Tzaca New Member

i think that in arcanum 2 (if they chose to do a sequel) people should kinda ignore the old gods and turn to science and technology...but if they chose to do a prequel then people should pay more respect to gods and have lots of temple`s around ...and u could be knight in the hy council and u fight for nasurdin and stuff

6. Stoat

Stoat New Member

I think that both people should turn to the old gods and the Panarii faith should be renewed. Panarii should be strong in urban areas and the elder gods would gain strenth in the rural areas. I think this would be interesting if this were to mirror a conflict between magic and technology. The elves are the true champions of magic and the story of the original Arcanum opened a door to healing a major rift among the elves. Humans may have to learn that in Arcanum technology is only one of the forces.

For example all the stolen elven artifacts in the cities, imagin if a group of elven mages found a way to charge them with arcane power from a distance. There may be hundreds within a city and when the are all charged they would begin to cause technological devices to fail. Subways would not operaty, trains would not run. If enought power could be channeled even locks on doors might become difficult to operate.

7. EyeOfFire

EyeOfFire New Member

Good idea! I never thought of religions before.

If thanatos did become a panarii stronghold, maybe the way you played the previous game could affect it? Say if you sided with the dark elves, there could be a siege of thanatos and a huge naval battle :p now THAT would be fun!

Or what about William Thorndrop's strange beliefs? How about a cult starting in Ashbury that is completely pacifist? That could complicate matters.

Our Host!