Witless one needs some item help

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Lukan_the_witless, Dec 15, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Lukan_the_witless

Lukan_the_witless Member

alright...... first off I mainly play as a mage as magic for me is stronger then tech.*one hit ko with harm* anyway. my problem is how do I use the shield of force or shadow shield, or any other items that have a uses number I can't seem to find a way to use those items. or is this something that can't be done? please help...

Witless one, one w/o wits.

2. barkdreg

barkdreg New Member

I think you simply have to drag them to the quick-ûse slot

not 100% sure though

3. Lukan_the_witless

Lukan_the_witless Member

what I mean is like a ring of poision resitance will have a uses: 4 or soemthing how do I use that rings spells? or like rizzete's Carming medalion has uses: 4 as well. what do I do to use those items spells? I know how to use a weapons spells but not any other items spells.

4. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

you wear the item with the spell.

5. Lukan_the_witless

Lukan_the_witless Member

:thumbdown: that didn't help at all.

6. toller

toller New Member

Put a magic dagger in place of your staff then you can ware a shield.

The 4 on the ring was probably 4/4 and that is the duribility of the ring. Like your armor may have a duribility of 80/80 and you need to repair it before it gets to 0/80.

7. BlackAssailant

BlackAssailant New Member

Rings have 5/5 health. As for the uses on amulets etc, I have no clue. The Ring of Poison Resistance has I think 15 uses. I've never drained out even one use. I think it's a bug, something messed up so you can't use amulet/medallion spells, or possibly the developers decided not to include it and left a few remnants behind.
    However, with the shields, just equip them. I've never seen the ED from the Shield of Force, but that's probably lack of attention/luck. As for the Shadow Shield, when equiped, it gives you an AC bonus for being evil. The best AC possible with it isn't as good as the Shield of Force though, if I remember correctly. Good for low resources evil chars, but not worth it for anyone else. Once you get more cash though, aim for a Shield of Force or that tech shield that gives AC 30 & +30 MR (found schematic, get from a blacksmith randomly, requires a tempered shield or something like that & an electrical harness).

8. chuft

chuft New Member

Lukan, these people are giving you bad information, which is all too common around here.

Wearable items that say they have charges or uses do not work (i.e. there is no way to access their special powers) unless they are weapons. It is a bug.

If you equip a weapon with charges/uses you will get a blue magic button to the left of your hot key bank. Click on it and you can see the spell(s) the item lets you cast.

9. chuft

chuft New Member

I have never seen the Shield of Force do squat, and I would notice it, as I often play characters with no melee skill who just cast spells or pass. Any damage done to an enemy outside of my turn is quite noticeable and the shield has never done any.

10. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

Is the edit function broken??? :p

11. SnowWolf

SnowWolf New Member

No.1 do you have staff or bow
    No.2 how evil or good are you
    No.3 how could you get it

If none of these your caracter is mest up

Our Host!