I Need Quest or Map variables

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by Crazymage_555, Oct 31, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Crazymage_555

Crazymage_555 New Member

Does anybody know where I can find a list of the map or quest variables? I am trying to get the ship early in the game and the only way to do that is to get the quest to go to thantos but i can't make gunther appear in the temple. I really would appreciate any info pertaining to this.

Thank You

2. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

I made a list of map locations with the X, Y coordinates as well as the normal game W, S coordinates that is available in the Modding Resources section here at Terra Arcanum.

That doesn't sound like exactly what you are looking for though. As for other variables, everything else should be in the various MES files that you can find by snooping around in the different DAT files. If you could be a bit more specific about what you want, I might be able to give you a better answer.

3. a1021

a1021 New Member

I think what you want is in the arcanum.dat in the semes folder: globalvars.mes and globalflags.mes

4. Crazymage_555

Crazymage_555 New Member

:p

Thanks sinbad,

Actually, what I was looking for though, was the numbers that show a place on the worldmap when you talk to someone. Like when ritszee gives you the location of tarant. It's also the same way with quests, I just need the trigger numbers so I can enter them into the scriptmaker.

Thank You

5. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Ok, Crazymage. I understand now what you are looking for, but I don't think a list like that has been compiled as such. You can probably find all that information in the Quest Walkthrough section here at TA http://www.terra-arcanum.com/index.php? ... &id=quests.

I'm afraid that you will have to dig around a bit, but that's the closest thing to what you are asking for that I have seen.

Our Host!