Arcanum2 Story line

Discussion in 'Arcanum 2 Suggestion Forum' started by Arronax, Jul 25, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Arronax

Arronax New Member

You may Remember that in Arcanum, when you do the tullar quest [does'nt work for u dark elves out there :( ]
    The Tullan High Mage refers to the middle symbol on the mural as
    "probably, a forgotten collage of magic"
    This might contribute to Arcanum 2's story line

2. Tzaca

Tzaca New Member

Like u should find this lost clloage before someone that could use it for evil deeds or viceversa

3. Braddoc

Braddoc New Member

I was thinking about a United Exploration of all the races to circle around the world in Zeppelins, then a storm appears, they crashed on a new continent, where magic or technology doesn't exist. You'll try to find the other zeppelins while trying to contact Arcanum to send help. Help do arrive and now it's trying to prevent Arcanum to change to the "enviroment" of the new continent (Since the game will be in the future, mentalities have changed)

I'll set the time pass the 1900s, with new tech, (Like bolt-action rifles, radio, telephones), new tech. disiplines ( like mathematics, biology, physics), New spells, (Arronax being from the Age of Legends, must know a forgoten spell or two), new skills (electronics, engeneering, smithing, gunmaking)

4. a1021

a1021 New Member

Spells do not vanish because they are forgotten, i remember that i have read a book, i think in tulla, and there is explained that once all magic-schools had 8 instead of 5 levels and because of the upcoming technology the three mightiest of every school cant be casted anymore. Only now when the spell cant be casted anymore, it was forgotten over time and even if you "remember" the spells it would not be possible to use it anymore. So i would think that even with arronax being there, there should be even less spells in the future of arcanum, maybe only four for every school.

5. Braddoc

Braddoc New Member

True, but since the players and the expedition have landed in a world unnafected by magic or technology, magic not having the limitation of a technological world could be as strong or even stronger than before.

6. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

I want to see something with Magnus having revitalizind the Iron Clan. It would also be cool to find journals of people like Doc Roberts and Lilian Pel Dar.

7. Phadech

Phadech New Member

Or the halfling wizard in Shrouded Hills. Forgot his name.

8. Peter Quincy

Peter Quincy Member

That would be Jongle Dunn.

You know it would be really cool if it (Arcanum2) could read your game from Arcanum and continue from whatever ending you had gotten. However:
    This could be a problem if you destroyed Arcanum.

Hmm.

9. Bunny

Bunny New Member

But what would happen with the characters in Arcanum? I mean, there are some who are cool (Virgil's story worked fine for me - and yes, I like his voice actor, Rino Romano :roll: :p ) and some others who can be truly irritating (a.k.a Magnus), but all the stories are quite good. Still, I think that what you did in the first part should have some kind of consequence in the sequel (I've read that they were going to work on the pictures - e.g. when your beauty stat is affected because you were scarred your picture would change too - I thought that would be a cool detail, though it's not essential). And so I would like to know something else about the gnomish breeding plot, the Iron Clan and, of course, how the reconstruction of Vendigroth is going to affect the balance of magick/technology.
    And we should be able to spend a summer in Cattan! :D
    And some laser weapon should be invented so that we can use the diamonds!
    And... Do you think that time limit should be added? :???:

10. Langolier

Langolier Member

(Old subject, I know, but...)

Maybe the game could be vague about most things that happened in the original game, or we could just accept a few assumptions? Say Arronax and "The chosen one" were killed in the battle with Kerghan. Durring the game Magnus is trying to piece together his clan and return order to the others. The poaching of the lizard men is now going on along unchecked, and the Industrial Councel has set it's sites on the forests near Quintarra, provoking small conflicts with the local elves. Explorations have begun of other continents.

I guess they (the developers) would just carry on the parts of the original (the outcomes) that they thought made for the best story.

11. EyeOfFire

EyeOfFire New Member

Yeah thats a good idea - start again as a different character or continue from an existing character - a follower perhaps or even the leader of the wheel clan, thorvald or whatever his name is. That way there could be alternate story lines (and alternate endings.) Do the dark elves rule the world, or do the elves get wiped out by the humans, or do the gnomes infiltrate politics and rule with an invisible hand?

Great idea - the possibilites are endless.

Our Host!