Ancient Gods

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by lyssa, Sep 8, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. lyssa

lyssa New Member

I have now found the first altar (in the elven woods). But now I can't get the statue in Ashbury because the vendor throws me out of the shop (I have a tech-oriented character, so he doesn't like me). What can I do to get the statue otherwise? Is there any other place in the game where I can find one?

2. Womble

Womble New Member

You can only buy them from Elven traders in Ashbury, Quintarra and T'sen Ang. The Ashbury trader will not talk to you if you are too tech. Ellumun in Quintarra will.

P.S. Still want to loot the chest of that annoying trader in Ashbury? Take a dynamite stick and blow his chest up from a safe distance (as far as you can be). Target the chest, not the man. He will die in the blast anyway, and you can have his stuff. Its a one time thing of course- but hell, he won't trade with you anyway!

3. Shadowbird

Shadowbird New Member

BTW, anyone know where the altar of the good ancient god is (I don't rightly remember his name), and what do you have to do to not get killed on the Velorien's (the all-father) altar? I just finished the game few days ago, and I made offerings to the four (2 neutral and 2 noble) lesser gods in the right order, so I'm left with an olive branch and no idea where to put it...

4. Womble

Womble New Member

Halcyon's altar is in a small town called Vooriden, south-east of Tarant. You can get the coordinates from Stringy Pete as one of his three quests.

You should make offerings to all minor gods in a correct order. In this case, if you go onto Velorien's altar, you will die and be immediately resurrected, with the bonuses of the blessing.

5. Shadowbird

Shadowbird New Member

Tank you. :)

BTW, I have never met Stingy Pete. How can one do that? Do you need to have the rumor about him in your logbook?

6. Womble

Womble New Member

*Looks around cautiously for big scary tanks coming to "tank him"*

You can find out about him when you are on your way to Thanatos and in need of a ship. When you are at that stage, go to Black Root tavern (the one where you've found Dante) and talk to anyone who wasn't there before.

7. Shadowbird

Shadowbird New Member

You got the idea. ;) Although it's not the tanks, it's me (supposedly) who's going to - most likely - drop a tank on your head. Or at least that's what "tank you" is supposed to mean. :D

And when I do that... I get a rumor about Pete and run into him with my ship, or is he himself there (which would be kinda weird, since as I recall, he was supposed to be a ghost or something)?

8. Womble

Womble New Member

He is one of your options to get yourself a ship. There is two people in the tavern who can give you his location- one you know from a certain previous quest, the other is new, but he only appears at night. Once you meet Pete, he will send you on three quests. Or you can try to take his boat by force, if you are suicidal enough.

9. Silpion

Silpion New Member

Actually, you can go to Stringy Pete as soon as are able to wander freely on the map.

I wasn't able to travel to his location directly on the map (this resulted in standing in the ocean) but you can travel to an area near him and wander along the beach till you find the landbridge to his island. But be aware, it takes some minutes to travel far enough using the close up view and be careful not to head in the wrong direction. ;)

You can easily do two of his three quests with a low level party.

On a sidenote: Has anyone noticed that this game offers so much freedom for even a low level party that you won't be a low level party long enough to explore them all. ;)

10. Lord Warrior

Lord Warrior New Member

I have question about ancient gods quest too:
    As far as i can see, you need to make two offerings to Makaal (in bedokaan village). The offering is heartstone. I found only two heartstones (in bedokaan village). With one i made key to the Iron Clan chest, i have made an offering with the other. How am i going to make the second offering?

11. Silpion

Silpion New Member

Just search around the village a bit longer. There are more heartstones than you'll ever need.

12. Xz

Xz Monkey Admin Staff Member

there should be 5 heartstones...

13. Womble

Womble New Member

...and I believe you only need 3.

14. Xz

yeah unless there is some other quest than the iron clan that requires one...

15. Lord Warrior

Lord Warrior New Member

But where are other heartstones? I founf only those two in Bedokaan Village.

16. Xz

there are 5 in bewdokan village, just loook around a bit, some of your followers might have taken some too...

17. Lord Warrior

Lord Warrior New Member

18. Xz

19. toller

toller New Member

The Ultimate Blessing info can be found in Tarant University. Take the book and look at the map. The book will tell you what you need and all items are available somewhere in Aracanum. i.e. The offering for Halycon is found in the Wheel Clan a few meters from Moltenflow. The item is an olive tree branch. The hardest to get for the quest is the bone weapon. If you don't find one fighting in the Eastern lands you must do the Whytechurch murderer quest.

20. Deathsangel

Deathsangel New Member

If ya ask me it is a bit overpowered. If you do everything correct you get with the all might god offerintg +100 hp fatigue and lot more shit. Really fucking A man, but than a little bit too good.

Our Host!