Windows XP for 64 bit

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MatahChuah, Aug 20, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

...Is now available for download once again. Praise the lard! Picture this, it's Xp Pro, optimized for Athlon 64 processors, avaiable for download at no charge.

Only thing is that it you won't be able to use it after 360 days. Who in their right mind won't reformat after one whole year? And by then they'll have a later version out.

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

I don't tend to reformat unless I have to actually. It's such a pain in the arse getting everything set up again.

3. Icairus

Icairus New Member

4. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Compatibilty son.

I see you're using windows. :) Hell, I hate M$ too, but I mean, I definitely want to give this a try. I'll dual boot Fedora core 2, or SuSE for 64 bit, but I want to give this a try.

Why don't you use Linux, Mr.Windows hater/user?

5. Icairus

Icairus New Member

I do, on my desktop. I like my Debian very much.
    I'm unable to do so on my laptop because it is this obnoxious Compaq that will not handle anything other than their XP home.

6. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Hahaha, you bought a Compaq laptop expecting to be able to customise at it?

7. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

I was thinking about buying an ibook and having linux and OS X running a dual boot, but it would have been too expensive.

8. Icairus

Icairus New Member

No, I expected it to be the cheapest laptop that would work acceptably (as in, didn't have a Celeron).
    But I thought it would be worth a shot to swich OSes.
    That is mac's huge problem. They charge way too much.

9. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Yeah, apple should really lower their prices. Especially for a laptop with last years' technology. G4 isn't really slow, but compared to G5 it's slow as hell.

10. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Window is the worst operation system I ever use on a computer. It take too much disk space on than harddrive. use too much memony to run, have alot of thing you donot want or need place in the system which you cannot remove or disable easyly. Than 3/4 of error message I get play game on it involse IE.

11. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

I've had little to no trouble with XP Pro. I can make the bitch dance. Linux may be exotic, but it ain't always stable, and I don't feel like downloading patches for it.

12. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I love the Amiga Operation systen on the 500 half of it was in Rom Chip with planed for totally putting it in ROM CHIP in the future.

13. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Not really. Storage is cheap as hell these days.

True.

Most definitely true.

Possibly I might agree with you if I knew what the FUCK you were saying Charles.

14. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

When I had linux on my hard drive (2 weeks ago), I never had 1 program freeze. Not one. Linux is much more quieter than windows it seems. No one is trying to sell me anything, my virus database isn't outdated. (Didn't have one, and didn't need one) No one asking me to register their programs and to buy the key, just my desktop. In which I have complete control of. And then there's the security linux is famed for.

The reason why linux is what it is today, is because of Open Source. Anyone can take linux and make it into whatever they want, as long as they make their changes public. Linux is not limited to a team of programmers like Windows is. Linux has been debugged by a world wide army, and that's something windows will never be able to benefit from.

15. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Plus MS didnot make window they stole agood part of it from other, plus they must pay IBM aton of money very year to paid for the .dill files which make Windows worked for then.

16. xento

xento New Member

It's true that a company as huge as Microsoft should be able to make a quality, original OS from scratch. Hopefully they'll break new ground with Longhorn¹.

¹ Insert smart-ass, sexual comment here.

17. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

By stealing they donot have the orginal scources they dissamble it useing than program that break down binary code into possible scource code. So when something go wrong they have a hard time solveing it as they donot understand how the stolen code where set up and work.

18. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Charles, somehow I think MS has access to it's own source code. You can't really compile without it after all.

19. MatahChuah

MatahChuah Active Member

Yeah, that would only make sense.

I just ordered all the parts for my new computer.

20. SilverKing

SilverKing New Member

Actually, XP wasn't stolen. Yes, DOS was stolen, but XP was built from scratch, and has nothing to do with DOS. Oh, and what you're talking about is called "Reversed Coding" which isn't exactly legal. My dad uses Fedora, but I like Microsoft XP Pro. I spent $10 USD to get it, and I have not had a problem with it. [/list]

Our Host!