A couple basic questions...?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by qturner, Sep 6, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. qturner

qturner New Member

Just been playing a few days now and i've gotten myself in a real mess.

I'm trying to explore the ancient maze, with a character thats about level 10 or so. anyway, i've been doing all well and good sniping at the ore golems, but then i accidentily auto saved and they killed Virgil. I know he's important for the plot later.. is it okay for me to leave him dead? I spent a lot of time searching for a way to revive him.. and I bought a restore life, just to find his corpse (and everything in it) gone. All that was left was the note to Jared. (so obviously it keeps the quest items).

The question is.. is there any way I can save Virgil? what happens if he's gone.. is that going to mess up my opportunities for Virgil related quests later? (I havent even gone to Tarant yet).

Also, i'm having some trouble with the interface. when something needs lockpicking, how can I get Virgil to pick it? I heard he has some experience with the thieving arts.. yet he never comes over to help me (which is a problem for that evil portal with the lizards, because I can't get the stuff I need out of his box.

Anyway, any help would be appreciated.

2. Shadowbird

Shadowbird New Member

Well, if it was accident, you can use Arcanum savegame editor to give yourself a "Resurrect" magic (if you're only level 10, you shouldn't be technologically inclined enough for the magic to fail), resurrect Virgil and then use the same editor to take it away - without your conscience calling you a cheater. ;)

Well, it's not like you can't finish the game without him... but he's a help. Although I haven't gotten any "Virgil-specific" quests...

There's a game option called "Follower skills". Set that to ON, and he should come help you whenever you try to lockpick anything, if his lockpick skill is higher than yours. Or, if you're a mage character, invest two points into Conveyance college to learn "Unlocking Cantrip".

Our Host!