I want to pay the tax!

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Epsilon, Nov 2, 2001.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Epsilon

Epsilon New Member

So Blackroot Mayor tells me he'll give me the tax (I don't check my inventory) and I scoot back to King whatsit in Dernholm and say I got the taxes. I get two options - to talk about Dante or to say I got the tax. Dante first and then I say I got the dosh. "Give it to me" says whatsit. I'm happy but all I gets on dialogue to say to him is "Goodbye". Well, yes, urmm, but it don't solve the quest. Help.

2. qturner

qturner New Member

I just had the same problem. Anyone ever find a solution? my party members dont have it, and i can't find it on the ground? also, the mayor doesnt have it either.

3. Shadowbird

Shadowbird New Member

Are you sure he said that? As far as I remember, you're supposed to do a quest
    of getting his ceremonial dagger back from the local thieves
    for him before he will give the box to you...

4. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

If you had Dante carrying the taxes, then, depending on how you resolved your little talk with the king about Dante, you may not have them available anymore to pay him with. Be sure that someone besides Dante is carrying the taxes before you go in to talk to the king.

5. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

Just tell Dante to wait outside while you go in and then you can keep him.

6. qturner

qturner New Member

Dante wasnt part of the group. I think it's just a bug and there isnt anything I can do about it.

7. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Check and be sure that your patch is actually installed properly. It doesn't always install completely. You can just reinstall it, if you aren't sure. If that doesn't work, you may need to totally uninstall and reinstall the game, but you should be able to get rid of that bug.

Our Host!