Fallout 2, Military Base

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Canis, Aug 27, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Canis

Canis New Member

Would somebody please tell me how to enter the Military Base in Fallout 2?! I stuck the metal rod in the cart but I can't get the dynamite onto the cart or rod. It just drops to the ground.

I did this once before but can't remember how, and it's driving me NUTS!!!

2. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Its really annoying, I had trouble figuring out just where to click... Its just one of those oversights. Just click around a lot, thats all I can say.

3. Canis

Canis New Member

Click around the cart with the cursor? Or click the dynamite? Cart probably, clicking dynamite just prompts you to set it.

Gah.

4. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I think you have to go into the inventory and select like "use" then select the dynamite... All I remember is that there are two levels of confusing, poor design, one was how do I use this dynamite without killing myself, and the second was where do I click the god damned cart! The sad part is that you cant really tell if you're doing one correctly, without doing the other simultaneously. IMO, this is the only bug more frustrating than losing the car, because its part of an essential quest.

<Edit> I'd try to go back to save game and help you out with a solution, but I don't have Fallout 2 on my HD anymore, and I definitly don't have any save games.

5. Canis

Canis New Member

I got it! I'm not even sure what I did differently than before, but *poof* the dynamite attached to the pole. God that was annoying.

Thanks. :)

6. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

LOL, you're welcome. ( as if I was really helpful in anyway. )

7. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

It was totally surreal that you had to use some goddamn cart with tnt crap instead of just putting the explosives on the rubble. It's like someone thought up of a way to use the most annoying, time consuming and frustrating method of doing something so simple as blowing up a passageway.

8. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

I agree.

But still, slaughtering all of those friggin monsters inside that base, really made up for having to figure out this fucked up convoluted way to get in. I used my rocket launcher so many times in there, you'd think I was playing Quake. It was a joke. A beautiful, giblet covered, joke.

9. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I use than Browning BAR and the Gauss Rifle in the military base. This was the puzzle part of the game I beleive was how to get in.

10. Canis

Canis New Member

As a puzzle it was nonsensical though straightforward. My complaint was regarding the technical difficulty in completing it, not in figuring out what to do.

11. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Well the Strag Guide was misleading in this how to enter the base.

12. Canis

Canis New Member

I'm not sure if I want to ask what that has to do with anything.

13. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

It was the guide to Fallout 2. You have to have both rope and TnT in your inv and stand near the cart to use the use command on the rope I believe or the TnT save game before doing.

14. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

She's already figured out the solution Charles, your posts are pointless, because she no longer needs any help.

15. Rosselli

Rosselli New Member

The whole thing with ramming the car was super gay. I know I'm being redundant, because someone already said it, but why the fuck couldn't the dynamite just be placed on the rubble? It would be bound to be more effective and less chancy. Who was a douche-bag on the Fallout 2 design team?

16. Aries Shion

Aries Shion New Member

Feargus Urqhuart for one. Fallout 2 while longer and more enjoyable in some areas than Fallout, has an evident lack of Tim Cain and the troika team in some parts. You see Timmy and the others left Fallout 2 after roughly half the game was finished. If you look well enough, you'll notice the differences in quality content which was supplemented by the uber use of Easter Eggs and shitty, pop culture jokes.

Our Host!