getting reactions and attacking from a dialog

Discussion in 'Modding and Scripting Support' started by fireant99, Aug 17, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. fireant99

fireant99 New Member

I was wondering how to get a npc to attack someone when in dialog with that person and the npc does not like the conversation? And also to lower or raist the reaction towards you.

Thanks for the help,
    Fireant

2. Shadowbird

Shadowbird New Member

I think it is the same thing - if NPC's reaction is 0 or lower, he should automatically attack you (although I'm not completely sure). To find out, just find a .dlg file of a dialog that you know for certain has a combat-initiating answer, and check how it is done... You sould probably check the same-named .scr file, just to be sure.

3. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

If you get Zammy's Dialog Editor, it will actually show that option as one of the reactions. You can have a reaction to lower or raise the NPC reaction to the PC and you can have a reaction to quit dialog and begin combat. Using that editor sure makes life a lot easier when you are writing scripts. :)

4. treeizback

treeizback New Member

re

yes it does, Zammy is a great guy, hes done alot for the modding community. So, yeah if someones reaction is 0 or lower, they do automatically attack you, unless, you have some type of reputation that makes them not attack you.

Contrary to popular belief I actually do know some useful stuff. :)

5. Shadowbird

Shadowbird New Member

If you put a "co" in the last pair of curly brackets (the "result" field) of a dialog line, it will terminate the dialog and start a combat. Read the goddamn edit docs. :) yes yes, read them :)

P.S. This probably overrides any reputation bonuses, as stated by treeizback
    , although I have not tested that.

6. fireant99

fireant99 New Member

Thanks for the help. I ahve been reading them, but I am also trying to get the world map to work.

7. Shadowbird

Shadowbird New Member

Well, that's what we're here for, eh? ;-)

8. Blinky969

Blinky969 Active Member

Well one small thing... You might want to have the reaction lower to -10 to make sure gnomes aren't exempt.

Oh shit, I know someone was working on the Worldmap, but I forget the name of the guide...

9. fireant99

fireant99 New Member

If your thinking Zammy, I already have it. I am still working on the world map and I have not tried the reaction thing as of yet, with school starting and all. But thanks for the help.

Fireant

Our Host!