What kind of view and combat style do you want in Fallout 3?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DarkUnderlord, Jul 16, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!

What view and combat style would you like in fo3?

1. First person real time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. First person turn based

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Third person over-the-shoulder real time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Third person over-the-shoulder turn based

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Isometric top-down real time

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Isometric top-down turn based

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. xento

xento New Member

But what does that all have to do with Fallout 3?

2. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

No Charles, the Baldur's Gate series really did suck. It had no redeeming features, other than the ability to hoodwink thousands of people like yourself into believing that Bioware could make a decent game.

3. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

I thought so until I play Icewind Dale, the stragic guide are a great help, plus I was able to hex editor money amount and stat, then I downloaded editor that did more. There are million's of Baldur's Gate fans worldwide.

4. Chunky944

Chunky944 New Member

Leave Baldurs Gate alone you bully! *sulks in corner with arms crossed*

5. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

Wow, cheating makes all gaming experiences more enjoyable!

And Baldur's Gate really does suck sweaty rhino balls.

6. xento

xento New Member

I have to agree with Jar here, at least about BG 1. I've never played the second one, but the first was lacking in a strong story, like Morrowind, as well as having shitty graphics so you can hardly tell what is what.

7. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Morrowind? Strong story compared to BG 1? LOL.

BG 1 was the only one I really liked from the series. Enough to order part 2 online.

8. Dark Elf

Dark Elf Administrator Staff Member

Media:
    I think he meant that BG1, just like Morrowind, was weak in the story part.

Conversely, I'd never played BG1 before I'd finished BG2 (which I still think is a great game). Never liked part one though, and quit playing after reaching the very first town.

I'd say that IWD2 is the jewel of the Infinity engine though. Too bad that I managed to misplace the discs before I'd finished it. Haven't been overly lucky at DC either... guess I'm scavenging the wrong hubs.

9. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Well BG1 when you enter that inn the first fight against the assa was kind of hard to win. There add on to game that get rid of you must grather your party together message, make change in the games play , other stuff from people who learn how to hack the game and former people who make the games.

10. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

The game editor doesnot really ruin the game that much. Daggerfall have than built in God Mode as Morrowind have which you can activelt.

11. Riciky

Riciky New Member

i enjoyed icewind dale 2, but mostly because i imported anime portraits. i could never finish it either, it gets repetetive.

didn't like the baldurs gates much. the way lower armor classes were better confused the fuck out of me.

idk, they were ok games.. i just can't bring myself to finish them.

12. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

So, so. My bad.

Bummer. It's like regular pnp. I loved the begining, meeting part of the gang in the Friendly Arm Inn. It's where the content's at in BG games IMO. They haven't been able to replicate such an atmosphere again.

And we disagree again. See, after playing BG1, BG sword coast, BG 2 BG 2 TOB, IWD, I just couldn't play IWD 2. I got so bored half way through that I gave up on it. Something very few games have made me do. If I would start my infinity engine experience with IWD 2, it would be different, but that's one of the reasons IWD 2 didn't do so hot, it was more of the same, with new rules hacked into it.

13. chalcedony

chalcedony New Member

I didn't notice anything substantially improved about the IE engine in IWD2. The gameplay was good and took advantage of 3.5 well, but looking on it as an engine IE was really showing its age. That isn't to say it wasn't a good engine, it was. Nothing good to say about Velocity (Lionheart), and ToEE wasn't bad but a little complicated (but so is DnD).

14. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

Orginate in D&D there was no magic armour of shield that gave better protection so they start unarmour at 10 and work drown to 2, haveing than small shield add make it 1 and a large shield add make 0, the best armour was platemail then when add plate armour it went negrative into -1,-2 and so on. C&S, Role Master went the over way no armour was 0, and it work it way up, in 2ed C&S and up amour only deduce the amount of damage you took and some armour type where immuse to certain low power weapons like dagger vs full plate armoiur.

15. Jarinor

Jarinor New Member

BG1 bored the hell out of me, and didn't generate any sort of atmosphere, mood, inspiration or anything of the sort. At least Morrowind had pretty graphics. BG1 was just plain horrible.

16. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Ugh, you're such a snob.

Not that I'm a huge fan of the whole forgotten realms mass market targeting bullshit. I'd like to kill R.A.Salvatore just as much as any other Larry Niven/ Ursula Leguin fan, but I'm not going to criticize any mindless zombies for having a different opinion than my own, I'm just going to criticize them for being mindless zombies.

That said, if you're still interested in the Baldur's Gate series, then you're a mindless fucking consumer zombie, I'd recomend a copy of the Catcher in the Rye, and a period of rigorous physical training in something other than a martial art.

17. CharlesBHoff

CharlesBHoff New Member

There are different taste in gameing which people have.

18. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

19. Jinxed

Jinxed Active Member

Bleh, I hate stuff like this. You're being hypocritical. The jeans/skirt you are wearing is a mass market product. The shit you eat is a mass market product. The bike you have is... etc.

20. Sleek_Jeek

Sleek_Jeek New Member

Act like I'm serious, why don't you?

Our Host!