Where can I store stuff?

Discussion in 'Arcanum Hints & Tips' started by Grunt, Jul 5, 2004.

Remove all ads!
Support Terra-Arcanum:

GOG.com

PayPal - The safer, easier way to pay online!
  1. Grunt

Grunt New Member

I was wondering where I can store all the useful junk I've got that I just don't need yet - eg. the siamese skulls. If I drop it it vanishes in a short while. Are there any safe chests I can use?

Would sure appreciate the help.. :)

2. Silpion

Silpion New Member

You can use any chest that is not named waste bin (or something similar, don't know the exact translation).

If you are a non-mage I recommend those crates in the warehouse near Madame Toussaude's where you get the quest to kill a pack of rats. There are a lot of crates, a subway station and a good merchant in the immediate neighbourhood.
    For a mage I recommend anything but Tarant. It's a nasty big city if you're not allowed to go by train. :roll:

3. FourHorsemen

FourHorsemen Member

Here are few places I like:

Liam's Workshop
    --------------------
    - 4 containers means you can organise your things nicely.

-You will need Lockpicking for one of the chests (or Unlocking Cantrip)

The Boil
    ---------
    - Once you kill Pollocks gang, there are TWO chests in his HQ you can use.

- Once you get rid Maug you have a house with a small cabinet on the west side.

- There's also Maugs HQ but that places is big and annoying with all those doors to go around...break them all down I say.

- There's a nice junk dealer in there as well for low techs.

- Its also good cos every time you enter Tarant (walking or spellwise) you start rught in between both Boils.

Blackroot
    -----------
    - if you have pick pockets (or if you're a mean bastard) you can land Garret Almstead (the Blacksmith) key to his chest and use that to store thing.

- Handy becuase whenever you enter Blackroot you start off right next to Garret's.

Shrouded Hills
    ----------------
    -Like with Garret, land Risteze's key and use his chest and cabinet for your needs.

- You also start close enough when you enter SH.

4. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Actually, if you talk to the Innkeeper in Black Root and get his quest to get his antique chest back from Garret and you get your Haggle skill up enough, you can get the key from him for 50 gold, get experience for the quest, get a free room at the Inn for the rest of the game and a chest in that room. That gives you two chests in Black Root and a free room at the Inn.

In Shrouded Hills, you automatically get the chest in Joaquim's room. You can also get the combination to the safe in the bank.

In Tarant, I prefer the warehouse by the docks and Madame Toussade's because it is close to the Black Market and convenient to all of the other stores. It is also close to the docks in case you want to catch a ship to another city and there is the steamrail to take you to the railroad station.

I have a new and improved Ship's Cabin and Cargo Hold mod that I am going to be releasing shortly along with a patch that incorporates all of the various fixes and hacks that seem to be the most commonly chosen, but condensed into two dat files and a few scr files. The Cabin has plenty of storage spaces to organize pretty much anything you could want and there is more storage in the Cargo Hold below deck. Each has a separate, logical entrance instead of using the ship's wheel dialogue, but I have also modified the ship's wheel dialogue to allow you to go anywhere a ship can go once you own a ship. DO read the warning in the ReadMe file concerning that if you get this mod. I hope to have it available by the end of the month, depending on whether the site coordinators will put it up where it can be downloaded.

5. floyd

floyd New Member

Does this include Cattan? :roll:

6. Sinbad

Sinbad New Member

Sorry, but without modifying the map to add a ship and port to Cattan, you can't go there. You'll have to wait for my major mod. It will include at least 1 quest to get you to Cattan and 2 quests on the island, plus some other surprises while you are there. I have also added several other places for the ship to go in my major mod, including Dernholm and Roseborough because I figure that if you own the ship you should be able to take it pretty much anywhere you want to. Unfortunately, the game isn't set up so that I can just let people do that. :/

7. Neoman

Neoman New Member

Sorry to dredge up an old thread, but if you kill Bates in Tarant you can later buy his estate. Not only will you now own a huge mansion, but Tarantians will react to you better.

Personally, I wouldn't suggest this option unless you're (clearly) evil.

8. Tzaca

Tzaca New Member

i always wanted to do that...how much is the estate

9. wdygfy

wdygfy New Member

I like to use the wolves cave between blackroot and dernholm.

Also I've found that you can use the dresser of at least one room at the inn of each town, I haven't actually tested this in tarant because I use the wearhouse there or caladon b/c i don't spend that much time there really.

10. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

The estate is 100 000, 50 000 for a haggle master. I like to have a mage with teleport and unlocking cantrip, I normally unlock the two store rooms at the entrance to Dernholm and use those. I've also used the rat warehouse in Tarant, Bate's Mansion, Ashbury Castle, Liam's Workshop and the Wolf Cave.

Liam's Workshop is good because there is plenty of storage space, a bed to sleep in and a nice little area nearby for getting up levels.

11. SilverKing

SilverKing New Member

Does it matter what point you kill Bates at? I'm nearly done with the game, but it'd be cool to go whack him now, and then purchase his estate. :) Oh, and all the better would be if I had Chugga actually kill him (get him to join my party. :D)

12. Vorak

Vorak Administrator Staff Member

I think you have to kill him outright, without doing anything else with him. I'm not sure though.

13. SilverKing

SilverKing New Member

Our Host!